It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 pm

ganymede wrote::lol: YUM!!!!!

Lunch for me is corn thins with Philli, vanilla yoghurt and chocolate mousse :mrgreen: oh yeah! Who said losing weight couldn't be delicious? ;)

Yummy!!! Sounds nice. :)
I enjoy the cheese corn thins, with a couple of those Laughing cow cheese triangles (left out at room temperature to soften) spread on the biscuits then sprinkled with bacon bits (dehydrated, very very low in calories) and topped with thick slices of tomato. And ALL FOR less than 300 calories....room for a treat!!! :wink:

You're learning Shelley!! Keep up the good work; enjoy your journey, eat moderately, eat well, exercise hard = WEIGHT LOSS DYNAMO!!!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:32 pm

The reason I actually got on to the corn thins was from reading your post about them! :lol: It all sounded so yummy that I just had to try it...but I do prefer my philli to cheese. I like cheese but I find if I eat more than one slice, I find it too salty. I'm really anti-salt, have always been that way, I don't know why!

It's all in the learning :) It's a big week ahead, time to make a dent in it! 8)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Having you tried the laughing cow (the light ones, not the regular) triangles????? They are soft and creamy, and about 25 calories each. If you leave them out for about 10 mins at room temperature they soften and it's like spreading ordinary cream cheese. You can use one triangle and it will spread across several corn thins!!! Or you can slather it on and use one triangle per corn thin!!! :lol:

The philly is nice on them too; I've done that, and yes it is goooooooooooooooooooooood :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Oops almost forgot, and they're not salty like those wrapped cheese slice (yuck!) they taste like plastic to me, and so salty!!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 am

DD Diva wrote:I know that Kim's weight loss amount and in much less time, runs rings around my efforts, but then I haven't pounded the pavement to the same extent either AND I've indulged in the things that make me happy, and keep me motivated.

I was in a hurry...I'm older! When ever I got slack with my walking or jogging I would always imagine Death with his scythe chasing me down the street...it always quicken my pace! :shock: :lol:

DD Diva wrote:I'm not saying MY way or Kim's is either right or wrong, just customised to our own style and as long as you essentially do the "right" things by your body by eating healthy, moderate (portion control is important) then life is full of things that you can enjoy!!! Deprivation is the killer of motivation, and the cause of all weight loss failure!!!

Of cause my way is the right way!!!
How could it not be?....for me. :wink:
It's a bit like a computer. There are the basics (head right, food right and exercise right) and the rest of the details are just customising the settings to our preference.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 am

Blitz wrote:It's a bit like a computer. There are the basics (head right, food right and exercise right) and the rest of the details are just customising the settings to our preference.

Kim
I've been saying this pretty much all along as well; head right (first and foremost!), food and exercise right (goes without saying). There's no point doing all the "right" things like eating healthy and exercising lots if your food plan or your exercise regime aren't to your satisfaction, ie. they're too strict, too boring etc as this will play with your head, and once that happens, you lose focus, motivation and well.....we know what happens next don't we???????? :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 pm

...setting yourself up for failure - that's for sure!
Why is it people do the same things again and again - and yet expect a different outcome?
I've never gone down that path way.
You have been through that routine a few times Josie...why do people do it?
Is it about doing anything required BUT change? I don't get it...can you enlighten me?

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:28 am

Blitz wrote:...setting yourself up for failure - that's for sure!
Why is it people do the same things again and again - and yet expect a different outcome?
I've never gone down that path way.
You have been through that routine a few times Josie...why do people do it?
Is it about doing anything required BUT change? I don't get it...can you enlighten me?

Kim

Answer is simple Kim, they don't know any better!
It can take many attempts to quit smoking before a smoker finally gives up the habit completely.
It can take a lot financial pain before a gambler learns to steer clear of the slot machines.
And so too can it take many attempts before an overeater learns that it's not just about how much they're eating, but why!!! And once you've figured out WHY you have to (yes, there's that word) CHANGE!!! :roll:
BUT....
Change is difficult for people to deal with, a one young lady on here said to me recently when I explained to her the system I use, people "freak out"!!!
Change is scary and uncomfortable, and and and .....
As I keep saying, MODIFY THE PERCEPTION, THEN CHANGE THE BEHAVIOUR not the other way around.
If you just change the behaviour without modifying your perceptions (how you view food, and it's place in your life) sooner or later you WILL BE REACQUAINTED WITH YOUR LOST KILOS!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Change from within rather than from without.

Easy way - hard way...human nature always wants to do it the hard way.
Banging their head continuously with a hammer until they finally think that perhaps if they stop hitting themselves it would be a lot less painful! :roll:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Well, after much consideration, I've made a decision to step away from the forum for awhile. Not to lose track of my progress and certainly not to go off the rails (not when I've finally got a firm grasp on things!). But to be quite honest, I feel their is a lot of negativity on the forum at present. Usually I can just shrug things off and go on and ignore it but this year has taught me that drama is not worth all the worry, irritation or emotion. I've spent up far too much emotion this year on someone who doesn't give a damn about me and I'm thoroughly over it.

Please don't think this is aimed at any one person, I assure you it isn't. It's little things adding up and snow balling. I cherish each and every one of you on this forum, you have all been here for me through some pretty rough times and I appreciate more than I can convey here! And I'm certain I will see everyone thrive in their journey :mrgreen: I will be back and I will still check in from time to time but I need to live my life away from drama and away from the internet for awhile.

Stay well everyone and strive for the success you ALL deserve! ;)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

ganymede wrote:Well, after much consideration, I've made a decision to step away from the forum for awhile. Not to lose track of my progress and certainly not to go off the rails (not when I've finally got a firm grasp on things!). But to be quite honest, I feel their is a lot of negativity on the forum at present. Usually I can just shrug things off and go on and ignore it but this year has taught me that drama is not worth all the worry, irritation or emotion. I've spent up far too much emotion this year on someone who doesn't give a damn about me and I'm thoroughly over it.

Please don't think this is aimed at any one person, I assure you it isn't. It's little things adding up and snow balling. I cherish each and every one of you on this forum, you have all been here for me through some pretty rough times and I appreciate more than I can convey here! And I'm certain I will see everyone thrive in their journey :mrgreen: I will be back and I will still check in from time to time but I need to live my life away from drama and away from the internet for awhile.

Stay well everyone and strive for the success you ALL deserve! ;)

Wait for me Shelley.........right behind you gf!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 am

:( :( :(
I wish you would reconsider...ignore the rubbish and concentrate on the helpful.

Looking forward to your next post...when you return. :(

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:13 pm

I promise to be back (my journey is only just beginning!) but for now, I really do think it's for the best. I'd much prefer to just step back and regroup than end up a bitter, cranky woman lurking on the forums :lol:

It's for the best for me both mentally and physically. I hope to return and make you ALL proud with my progress :D
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Still sad...but understand that it is your decision. :(

Kim
ps Nothing wrong with being a bitter, cranky old woman (or man in my case!)...age has it's privilege! :lol: :wink:
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 am

And I'm back! ;)

It's good to be back in the saddle...not that I've been extremely naughty as I've finally hit those 80's again and determined to stay there :) Was good to step away though and get my thoughts right and my body moving again! I have my goals in mind, I have my eye on the prize and determined to make the rest of the year really count :)

Let's do this 8)
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges