It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:40 pm

700 calories!...gosh that chocolate packs a punch! :lol: That's just over 40 minutes of pedalling like a mad fool on the exercise bike for me! :shock:

Just remember your parents gave it to you from their hearts...not their heads may be...but from their hearts. :D
Eat it slowly over a few days and it won't be too tough to deal with. 8)

Best wishes on your re-joined Challenge...hope you do one better on this challenge than last time...bring home the gold!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Yep, those bad boys got eaten... I blame the beer, which was also a bad idea :roll:

I also seem to have seriously put my neck/back out and can't really move very well at all :shock: Just hoping I can move enough tomorrow to do some exercise, this is ridiculous!!! Every position hurts :(
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Not good...damn that beer too :lol: - that reminds me...hope JP is keeping it under control. :roll:

It's done. Do what you can to minimise the damage.

My chiropractor told me the best thing to do is keep it moving. He also said to push gentle into the pain (which is counter intuitive - because that's the last thing you think you should do). But it makes sense if you think about it. When I went to him he would literally hurt me big time. Jumping onto my back...pulling my arms into impossible places. While it was happening I thought to myself, "I'm paying good money for this guy to seriously hurt me...what kind of fool am I?" But later it did feel so good. Also think about how your back is first thing in the morning...I would crawl out of bed in agony...and yet all I did was laid still all night long. Once I got up and hobbled along for a bit - it got better.

So I recommend trying to ease into some gentle exercise (walking/swimming) to help you along :D
...and the damage that the chocolate has caused. :lol:

Take care!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm not usually a drinker but I do love a good beer. What's done is done and already I'm craving the apples and healthy foods again :lol: Doesn't take long!

I am going to at least do some walking tomorrow, hopefully more but I'll be happy if I can move enough to walk properly! Yes, I'm certain my chiropractor enjoys inflicted pain but he sure makes it feel better! I'm scared about going this time though because it feels all kinds of wrong right now. Even sitting in my chair not really moving is proving to be extremely painful :shock: Have taken two mersyndol night strength for the calmative to help relax my muscles and hopefully I'll feel better in the morning because I'm in a world of pain right now!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:29 am

Woo hoo!!! Another 1.1kg down; life's good!!! :lol:

But hey, it's Easter today and I'm going to be being tempted by chocolate all day!! MUST BE STRONG!!! :? :oops:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

ganymede wrote: I also seem to have seriously put my neck/back out and can't really move very well at all :shock: Just hoping I can move enough tomorrow to do some exercise, this is ridiculous!!! Every position hurts :(

Ohhhhhhh you poor thing Shelley, I feel your pain!!! :cry:
I know how awful it was when I sprained my ankle and could barely move.
Try to rest, but whenever (and gently as) you can, do a few stretches to loosen the muscles which are in shock from being injured.
Take it slow and gentle, and enjoy your Easter.
xx
Diva
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Nicely done, Diva! :) 1.1kg is an excellent loss! Don't go too overboard! Not that I can talk, attack of the bad eats here for sure :shock: I did however slap myself today after eating yet more stupid foods and made myself accountable. Okay, I ate the bad food, now I have to pay for it with exercise :lol: And you know what's crazy, I really enjoyed it! :shock: Like, really, really enjoyed it. I had my heavy metal blaring and I felt FIT. I didn't feel like I was about to die, I had energy and more energy! The only reason I stopped at 45 minutes was because my knee was starting to hurt. But my back feels SO much better after that, so I'm intending on doing more this afternoon, I'm obsessed! :mrgreen: I think it's time to join the gym and shred these kg's for good...

I was feeling bad in my mind, sort of numb and being miss escapism and watching TV shows and doing absolutely nothing and I just had to stop. This time off has actually thrown me for a loop, first time off not spent with my partner :cry: I really crave routine right now. And I know eating well makes me feel mentally better and so does exercise so for my own good, no more stupidity!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Diva, you are really getting it together...well done indeed! :D

Shelley...free time is always a problem. Those are the times when the fridge starts beckoning you! Remedy? Keep busy with some other activity! Wash the car...clean house...catalogue your extensive butterfly collection - anything but idle time!
If in doubt about your back and neck get it checked out. Your chiropractor knows what's best. You have to look after yourself otherwise down the track you will hamper your weight loss progress.

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am

I'm on my second week of LnE this week, I'm on the 1500 cal plan. Are you still going with it and how do you find it??

I can't imagine how tough things must be without the boyfriend, but all the more reason to focus on other aspects of your life. And have faith that things will get better ;)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby ganymede » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am

Blitz wrote:Diva, you are really getting it together...well done indeed! :D

Shelley...free time is always a problem. Those are the times when the fridge starts beckoning you! Remedy? Keep busy with some other activity! Wash the car...clean house...catalogue your extensive butterfly collection - anything but idle time!
If in doubt about your back and neck get it checked out. Your chiropractor knows what's best. You have to look after yourself otherwise down the track you will hamper your weight loss progress.

Kim

Yes, idle time is hard to deal with right now because I enjoy the quiet but at the same time, I think too much and then want the comfort of food to make me feel better :roll:

I think I'll try and fit in an appointment this week, I usually go regularly but haven't been since before my life plummeted into a black hole so probably time to pay the man of pain a visit :lol:

äirly wrote:I'm on my second week of LnE this week, I'm on the 1500 cal plan. Are you still going with it and how do you find it??

I can't imagine how tough things must be without the boyfriend, but all the more reason to focus on other aspects of your life. And have faith that things will get better ;)

Thanks airly, it feels strange being without him, like a hole I don't know how to fill but it's already full of all my insecurities, memories and the unknown. It's downright tiring! Having said that, I know things could never be the way they were between us, not after everything that has happened. I had a great chat with one of my astronomy friends last night, he rang me up suddenly and we had a nice chat as we are both going through similar things.

I'm still with Lite n Easy, I just booked in my second week although I have done it before awhile ago. It's fantastic! Such variety of snacks, lunches and the dinners are really yummy. I have to be a bit careful in what I choose for the lunches as I have a meat intolerance but usually I can work around it or if the portions of meat are small or in a bake, I tend to be okay. My weigh in is Thursday so I will let you know how my first week went. I did have a couple of bad food days though so it won't be a completely accurate figure of what the program can do. Next week will be the test!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Yes do visit "the man of pain"...you will feel better - after! :lol:

Just as a bit of comfort for you...my chiropractor told me that most chiropractors end up with chronic backs because of all the pushing and pulling they do! So as you are being done, hurting badly - just remember there's divine karma waiting in the wings for him! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Blitz wrote:Not good...damn that beer too :lol: - that reminds me...hope JP is keeping it under control. :roll:

Haha - your rolling eyes sum up my predicament but not all bad as you can read elsewhere..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 110 Kg (12 Jan 2017)
Current :101.9 Kg (28 Feb 2018)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Target : 99.9 Kg by 1st Apr 2018
JP1

Postby JP1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 pm

I see you still have your own version of The Good The Bad and The Ugly going Shelley.. I managed to avoid the whole Easter egg and chocolate caper this year, in fact I haven't had any since early Jan or come to think of it late Dec *Xmas*

Good luck with all your minor and not so medical ailments too, you really are going through the wars..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 110 Kg (12 Jan 2017)
Current :101.9 Kg (28 Feb 2018)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Target : 99.9 Kg by 1st Apr 2018
JP1

Postby ganymede » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Yes, yes I do. When it comes to chocolate, things get ugly if I have no restraint, which I DON'T!!! :lol: And the beer...well, considering everything, I've only had 5 beers since it all started, no emotional binge drinking here :wink:

I did punish myself on Sunday for being silly with the foods so now I know what I'm in for if I reach for that chocolate.

I definitely feel like I'm going through the wars, one thing after another! Maybe life is testing my resolve and to that I say "BRING IT ON" ;)

I am going to visit the man of pain in about an hour so I should be feeling sore and sorry for myself very soon :P

Hope you're having a great holiday, JP! Watch those brews!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:22 am

I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised by JP! :D
It does seem that you have been mindful about your choices in a very difficult situation.

I'm looking forward to hearing the details about your strategies, decisions and ideas about your time away. I'm not just interested in where you fell down (or had limited success) but I think it will be very helpful for all of us here to find out what worked for you - and why. 8)

Shelley - how did you visit with "the man of pain" go? Is it sorted?

I'm enjoying reading both your posts Shelley and JP. I get excited when people are really coming to brass tack issues and making the good decisions and moving it forward. Keep going guys - good work!

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges