It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:11 am

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 pm

And that's why they call it a life journey, we are always learning ad always working at it! The moment we stop actively working at it is when we should be worried! That's why I'm so enjoying this new routine, I'm not working myself into the ground but making the rift choices with rewards at the end of each week. It's a win win!

NSV's that I've noticed recently (non-scale victories)

My work clothes are starting to look a bit ridiculous again!

Cycling is so much easier now I have insane leg muscles (my calves are as hard a steel, totally tooting my own horn!!)

I am looking more shapely and my butt is smaller from all this toning

Energy levels are increasing

I can almost do the splits again!!!

I feel like dancing ALL the time

That is all ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

ganymede wrote:And that's why they call it a life journey, we are always learning ad always working at it! The moment we stop actively working at it is when we should be worried! That's why I'm so enjoying this new routine, I'm not working myself into the ground but making the rift choices with rewards at the end of each week. It's a win win!

NSV's that I've noticed recently (non-scale victories)

My work clothes are starting to look a bit ridiculous again!

Cycling is so much easier now I have insane leg muscles (my calves are as hard a steel, totally tooting my own horn!!)

I am looking more shapely and my butt is smaller from all this toning

Energy levels are increasing

I can almost do the splits again!!!

I feel like dancing ALL the time

That is all ;)

That's fantastic Shelley!!!!!!!! :D :wink:

I'm really really happy for you, and I know that this new regime you're adopting is not only going to help keep you motivated and on track, but will absolutely guarantee that you will transform your look and your attitude completely, and the best part.........WITH EASE!!!! :wink:

Remember, losing weight is a long term thing, and short term struggles don't work!!! Do what works for you, but more importantly, make sure you enjoy the journey otherwise you risk giving up! Though I suspect that ain't gonna happen this time!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 am

Muscle toning is something that is overlooked often.
This is what gives you shape and a good healthy look.
No good losing a heap of weight and looking like nothing but skin and bones at the end of it. :shock:

Keep working that healthy lifestyle Shelley...begin with the head and let it flow from there. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 am

I hope I can keep at it,ive hit 89.9 this morning looking forward too Tuesdays weight in,i think lol.....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 am

Exactly Josie, I am so thrilled about it! Finally something that I'm more than happy to stick with and then to see results even after a couple of bad days AND only two work outs for the week, I'm beyond stoked! Just goes to show when you get the eating right, the rest follows suit. Setting mini goals and seeing that as my "ultimate goal" for the moment has really helped my mind a lot too.

I found a point in time when I was around 85kg (when I returned from a trip to Tasmania) and looked at photos from that weight and thought, even if I can just get to that!!! I will be so much happier and more confident. From there I'm in the low 80's and what's great is I don't mind that it's going to take some time because I KNOW I'll get there eventually, especially since this is something I don't see myself giving up now! No hard out days at the gym or super strict eating. I eat within my allotment, I know what to do and best of all I'm not stressed about it! :mrgreen:

I completely agree, Kim. If I'd said to myself almost 10kg ago, you are going to be SO fit and toned I would have rolled my eyes and said "Great, building muscle is not what I wanted!" :roll: And yet I'm almost certain that my good losses even when faced with little exercise or only a few work outs that involve weights or jogging and working the leg muscles are ALL about working those muscle groups and burning more. Plus I've NEVER looked this good and toned at this weight and it makes the journey manageable because I'm not absolutely hating on myself at this weight :P
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am

tinkerbella wrote:I hope I can keep at it,ive hit 89.9 this morning looking forward too Tuesdays weight in,i think lol.....

oops sorry posted in the wrong place...:-)
sorry guys..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:30 am

ganymede wrote:Exactly Josie, I am so thrilled about it! Finally something that I'm more than happy to stick with and then to see results even after a couple of bad days AND only two work outs for the week, I'm beyond stoked! Just goes to show when you get the eating right, the rest follows suit. Setting mini goals and seeing that as my "ultimate goal" for the moment has really helped my mind a lot too.

I found a point in time when I was around 85kg (when I returned from a trip to Tasmania) and looked at photos from that weight and thought, even if I can just get to that!!! I will be so much happier and more confident. From there I'm in the low 80's and what's great is I don't mind that it's going to take some time because I KNOW I'll get there eventually, especially since this is something I don't see myself giving up now! No hard out days at the gym or super strict eating. I eat within my allotment, I know what to do and best of all I'm not stressed about it! :mrgreen:

I completely agree, Kim. If I'd said to myself almost 10kg ago, you are going to be SO fit and toned I would have rolled my eyes and said "Great, building muscle is not what I wanted!" :roll: And yet I'm almost certain that my good losses even when faced with little exercise or only a few work outs that involve weights or jogging and working the leg muscles are ALL about working those muscle groups and burning more. Plus I've NEVER looked this good and toned at this weight and it makes the journey manageable because I'm not absolutely hating on myself at this weight :P

THAT'S THE SPIRIT SHELLEY!!!!!!!! :wink:

You'll not only get to the 80's next week, but STAY on it!!!! I know this regime like the back of my hand, and it really works!!! No starvation diet and living next to nothing here gf!!!! You can have it all (in moderation of course) :roll: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:33 am

Oops sorry Shelley,

What I meant was, you'll SURPASS the 89 mark once you break through the 90's next week!!!

If you play your cards right, repeat this week's process (minus just 1 of those days, and you know which one I mean!! :oops: ) you'll be AMAZED :shock: at your result on the scales next Thursday; wait and see........
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 am

Exactly!!!! I was thinking the same thing. Minus one bad day, I do know which you mean :lol: and add in more exercise because I'm back to normal hours now (although today might be OT again, other chicka is not feeling well :cry: ) and I will SMASH the week to come! ;)

NO starvation, NO diet pills, NO strict diets you cannot stick to! Just everything in moderation and things are looking up ;) (or down :P )
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 am

ganymede wrote:Exactly!!!! I was thinking the same thing. Minus one bad day, I do know which you mean :lol: and add in more exercise because I'm back to normal hours now (although today might be OT again, other chicka is not feeling well :cry: ) and I will SMASH the week to come! ;)

NO starvation, NO diet pills, NO strict diets you cannot stick to! Just everything in moderation and things are looking up ;) (or down :P )

EXACTLY!!!
I've done a lot of research into this, and spoken to obesity scientists across the globe, and they have ALL confirmed that STRICT FAD DIETS, PILLS, FADS and even DRASTIC SURGERY (like lap bands) are not permanent. Counting calories or points alone will help, but even that isn't going to give you long term benefit; it's just not sustainable. You need to BE HAPPY in what you're doing because the minute you're not, BAM!!! The kilos will find their way back home (onto your hips, thighs and wherever they lived before)!!!

Controlled eating (with calculated reprieves) and of course, plenty of exercise will give you all you need to succeed!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 am

I find counting calories gives me that element of control that I need (not that I'm a controlling person :lol: ) but it's nice to have a hold of things and know that if I keep doing what I'm doing, the results will speak for themselves... 8)

It's all about the long term as you say, Josie. If we simply can't live with it, then we'll find each and every way to get out of it! This week I've had a chocolate and some biscuits but I worked it into my day and didn't go over my allotment and that's where I've done everything right. I will keep on going and see where this new path leads.. :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 pm

I know where it will lead Shelley, down, down, down on the scales!!! :wink: :lol:
You will get to goal and do it comfortably, and (here's the kicker) ENJOYING IT!!! :wink:

I know that Kim's weight loss amount and in much less time, runs rings around my efforts, but then I haven't pounded the pavement to the same extent either AND I've indulged in the things that make me happy, and keep me motivated.

I'm not saying MY way or Kim's is either right or wrong, just customised to our own style and as long as you essentially do the "right" things by your body by eating healthy, moderate (portion control is important) then life is full of things that you can enjoy!!! Deprivation is the killer of motivation, and the cause of all weight loss failure!!!
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 pm

I could not agree more and I'm finally getting that! I can understand wanting to achieve a mini goal ahead of time and pushing hard for it but it is most definitely NOT sustainable in the long term...and this is long term! It's life and I WILL get there! My goals right now are set at a 500g loss a week, completely realistic and if I beat them, fantastic! But I'm not going to beat myself up by setting unrealistic expectations for myself and blowing it because I'm being far too hard on myself!

I completely understand, no one way is the be all and end all. It's all about listening to our bodies, feeding it what it wants but within moderation. If the body is happy, the mind is happy and if the mind is happy, the scales go downward! :lol:

Looking forward to the week ahead ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Oh and sorry, no photo to show (I think everyone knows what a Kit Kat chocolate looks like) I'm just about to have a 4 finger bar with my coffee (late morning tea) before lunch (roast beetroot salad with croutons)!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:16 pm

:lol: YUM!!!!!

Lunch for me is corn thins with Philli, vanilla yoghurt and chocolate mousse :mrgreen: oh yeah! Who said losing weight couldn't be delicious? ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges