It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:20 pm

ganymede wrote:And I'm back! ;)

It's good to be back in the saddle...not that I've been extremely naughty as I've finally hit those 80's again and determined to stay there :) Was good to step away though and get my thoughts right and my body moving again! I have my goals in mind, I have my eye on the prize and determined to make the rest of the year really count :)

Let's do this 8)

And you will do it too Shelley; you're head is in the right place, and before you know it (without even being aware of it) the body will follow!!! :wink: It will be good to see you kicking those kilos off their perch!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 am

Glad that you are back...and that you are ready to fire ahead!
Good work getting to the 80's...but let's not stay there - there is a better future further along in those lower numbers. Time to grab them! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 am

It's great to be back, Kim. I absolutely agree, it's time to see those lower numbers again! ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm confident you'll do very well with achieving those lower numbers too Shelley, without starving or depriving yourself, enjoying a healthy mix of food and exercise both for the body and the soul!!! What more could one ask for, and be rewarded with reducing digits on the scale each week??!!! :wink: :D

You go gf...!!!! Remember what we talked about, keep one eye on the prize, the other on the scales!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:13 pm

DD Diva wrote:You go gf...!!!! Remember what we talked about, keep one eye on the prize, the other on the scales!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

...But do it carefully - we don't want you ending up cross-eyed! :P :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 pm

:lol: I'm cross eyed enough some days with the calorie counting and the exercising and the scale checking :roll: It's all to manage the numbers but boy, am I sick of seeing those same figures up and down up and down :shock: I feel like it has been SO hard just to look this bit of weight, it's driving me mental! Makes me wonder if my medication is hindering my process...anyway, I suppose all questions for the doctor when I see him Thursday.
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:20 pm

I usually find that the answer closer to home. For me it is usually eating too much snacks between meals. Check it out and rein it in if found wanting...such a small thing like that can make all the difference.

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Been keeping the snacking to a minimum as I know that's where a few too many things end up being added. That's why I always do up my day calorie wise beforehand so I don't have to guess and log it later. I will just have to keep plodding along and see what happens!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Meal portion sizes? That's the next thing to go west for me.

Failing that...have you been exercising harder than normal (muscle making) or coming down with a cold?

Just a few ideas to explore...probably trying to teach granny how to suck eggs here (granny already knows Kim! :oops: ).

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 pm

:lol: No, no, I appreciate the insights, I do! Everything has been closely monitored, especially when the scales weren't budging! Weigh in is Thursday so I will see how I go then and I should have more of an idea on whether it's diet (though I'm being super strict at present to coax my body into action!), muscle building (enjoying my kettle bells and walking of late!) or whether it's a combination of all of that AND my medication (which can increase hunger and make you gain weight).
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:28 pm

If you keep doing the right things - sooner or later your body has got to surrender the fat! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:26 am

I just thought I'd put this here as it's my personal journey thread...

Okay, well, where to begin. I went and saw my doctor last week as my anxiety has been really bad lately. I also expressed my concerns that the medication I'm currently on is making weight loss very hard for me. He was so kind and understanding, he said he understood weight loss was very important to me and we also talked about how I'm coping with the break up and everything else that comes with it. I said to him "I don't know why I'm suddenly not doing so well" and he said it's like a boiling water. It simmers and simmers and then suddenly boils over. He thought I'd been doing extremely well so I guess I have a tendency to stiff upper lip it most of the time.

Anyway, I weaned off what I was on and have just started the new ones on a half dose. Side effects so far are feeling jittery with nervous energy ALL day and ALL night. Sleeping is a bit ridiculous right now, I'm waking up constantly. Dry mouth which has been drinking about 3 litres of water a day :lol: and decreased appetite (I'm totally okay with this!!!)

I know that's a lot of information people probably don't want to hear :roll: But I'm just at my wits end, I'm so frazzled, swamped and TIRED. But I'll keep plodding along and hopefully the side effects with fade after a couple of weeks. I'm going to call my doctor today anyway just to be sure and see if I can take it in the morning so I'm not wired and wide awake before bed :shock:

Anyway, I hope everyone has been keeping really well. I've been all over the shop this week so I know I'm in and out of the forum. But I do really, really hope everyone is doing okay, I'm always here if you need to chat :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Good to get an update on what's happening in your life.
And it is always good getting a new post from you...it brightens this Forum no end! :D

Keep at it Shelley...I know the journey can be a bit of a slog most of the time but it is ploughing through the hard times that real success is forged.
If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing - and it IS worth doing! :shock: :wink:

Grab that better future! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 am

Kim, that is so kind of you to say :) Definitely what I needed to hear! I will try and stick around on here, despite how unwell I've been, I know it will only help me in my struggle to a better future!

I have been doing a little better. I now take my medication in the mornings so I have at least been able to sleep. Still, my sleep is interrupted by random bouts of nausea and I always wake up with a sore jaw and face from my bruxism. Hopefully that will ease in the coming weeks. I'm on a full tablet now so the nausea has increased, my appetite is fairly "meh" right now but I need to start focusing more on eating the right foods when I am hungry enough to eat.

I'm still jittery in the morning and drinking a tonne of water still but I now get extreme fatigue during the day as well, to the point where I could just nod off at my desk and sometimes on the drive home :| I'm being careful though, of course!

ANYWAY, my mind has been so scattered getting use to this medication, I haven't even touched the scales...until this morning. I admit, I was terrified of the result. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought.

90.3kg, I can totally deal with that. Seeing as I could not seem to budge that 89.8kg, I've only gained 500g. I actually got really teary this morning when I saw this number because I was so relieved to see I hadn't done too much damage. Just goes to show these new tablets aren't affecting my weight and that even though I've been eating badly, I probably haven't been eating much. Trying to get some semblance of order, at least back into my eating. The fatigue is making exercise hard so for right now, if I can get my food right, I will get back into the exercise once the side effects start to disappear.

I am thankful to have this forum through all of this, I have just officially been at the end of my tether. This year has officially sucked. A lot!

BUT, Oz Comic-Con on Saturday was MAGICAL... I will try to post some photos shortly, it was the absolute BEST day. :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:47 am

Hey Shelley,

So glad to see you back on here too! I know it's been really tough for you, and given all that you've been through, your positive attitude is not only admirable but a true testament to your strength of character!!! :D

You can do this sweetie, we both can!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges