It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:59 am

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby ganymede » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:05 am

Here is a photo of me and William Shatner :mrgreen: It also shows my shirt! I had sewn on a Stargate symbol on the back as well.

BEST.DAY.EVER.

I even got hit on by one of the people from my favourite shows during the panel. I was totally okay with that :lol:

Hey sweety, it's so good to be back! And good to see you back as well. I know together we can get through this tough time and come out on top! ;) I am so relieved that this new medication does not seem to be affecting my weight, which means I can get even better results now hopefully!
Attachments
shatner.jpg
shatner.jpg (66.18 KiB) Viewed 912 times
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Shelley, you look AWESOME!!!! :wink: :D I'm surprised that Shatner managed to keep his hands to himself (isn't he known for his fondness for the ladies???). :shock:

I can see you had a great time, your smile says it all!!! :wink:

Yes, back on track and back into (as Kim calls it) the pointy end of the journey, in shaking this weight for good!!! We can do this sweetie; you know we can, and with your meds not being a factor, there ain't nothin' gonna keep you from reaching your goal Shelley, you'll see!!! xx :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:28 am

ganymede wrote:I'm still jittery in the morning and drinking a tonne of water still but I now get extreme fatigue during the day as well, to the point where I could just nod off at my desk and sometimes on the drive home :| I'm being careful though, of course!

Sometimes after a heavy day of doing magic shows I get the "nods" too while driving home. I follow the advice of Bill Cosby...drive on the cats-eyes on the freeway - the minute you stop hearing them - you know you've fallen asleep and have drifted off the freeway! :shock: :lol:

ganymede wrote:, I haven't even touched the scales...until this morning. I admit, I was terrified of the result. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought.

90.3kg, I can totally deal with that. Seeing as I could not seem to budge that 89.8kg, I've only gained 500g. I actually got really teary this morning when I saw this number because I was so relieved to see I hadn't done too much damage.

The fear of the unknown is always greater than the reality. We have to learn to face up to it so that we can discover that it is never as bad as we have feared. After all,"A problem well-defined is a problem half-solved". 8)

ganymede wrote:I am thankful to have this forum through all of this, I have just officially been at the end of my tether. This year has officially sucked. A lot!

I just quoted the saying - "A problem well-defined is a problem half-solved"...it's close cousin applies here - "A problem shared is a problem halved". That is where the Forum can be of immense value on our journeys towards success. We don't have to do this alone. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 am

ganymede wrote:Here is a photo of me and William Shatner :mrgreen: It also shows my shirt! I had sewn on a Stargate symbol on the back as well.

BEST.DAY.EVER.

I even got hit on by one of the people from my favourite shows during the panel. I was totally okay with that :lol:

Hey sweety, it's so good to be back! And good to see you back as well. I know together we can get through this tough time and come out on top! ;) I am so relieved that this new medication does not seem to be affecting my weight, which means I can get even better results now hopefully!

Looking real cool there Shelley! 8)
Did a great job on the Stargate shirt as well. At Conventions it is important to look the part. :)
How was Mr Shatner moving? I know that when he was here in Perth a while ago he was using a cane because his back was really bad. I noticed in your photo that he was seated...a trick I use to do when I had a bad back.

You look fab in the photo Shelley. But as good as you looked (and you looked really good) - I can see what is to come. I've developed a "skinny vision" power...the ability to see what a person could look like at "best weight". Gosh!...when you hit goal girl - you are going to be such a knock out! If you could see what I see - you would be running towards that goal quivering with excitement! Watch out world! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 am

Hey Kim,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really means the world to me :) I can already glimpse that better future with each kg lost, I see the change in my face and my clothes and my HAPPINESS! And I will get there, I know that now. I'm right where I need to be and even though times have been tough and this medication is knocking me around, the upside is I've been losing weight again and getting those kg's down. It's an amazing feeling and spurs me on to bigger and better numbers 8)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Fall in love with those changes...and continue with those changes! 8)

You are on the right track...just keep feeding your head with those positive messages and expectations. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 am

I am absolutely falling in love with those changes! I have some more pictures to show that my Mum took for me last night in my new dress. I was trying them on and looking in the mirror and I could NOT for the life of me believe the difference in such a short period of time. I was stoked and felt absolutely amazing. This reduced appetite has been an absolute blessing, I am finally starting to level out on the new medication and feeling the positive effects that come with it. And seeing the kg's steadily drop has been an emotional journey but a happy one!!!

I stepped on the scales this morning and it read 87.9kg, I could not be happier. Closer and closer to that 85kg mark which is where the REAL challenge begins. Low 80's is the magic place and then DOWN into those 70's. I want it and I want it bad so the sooner I get there, the better! 8) :mrgreen:
Attachments
me1.jpg
me1.jpg (96.9 KiB) Viewed 854 times
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:53 am

And the other one!
Attachments
me2.jpg
me2.jpg (99.81 KiB) Viewed 854 times
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:57 pm

There's a lot of confidence in that 80's gal now!
Cool! 8)
Love seeing photos of people discovering themselves and seeing themselves anew!
Thanks for sharing them Shelley. :D

I'm reminded of a photo I took during my weight loss journey (regrettably I didn't take as many as I should have). It was a family shot and I was pleased as punch at the time how I looked (would have lost about 40kg in it)...but now I look at it all I see is just how much more I needed to lose! :shock:

Certainly at the time it was a great motivator for me.
All power to you Shelley - keep chronicling that success! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:49 am

Thank you Kim! :D My confidence is indeed rising but I need to keep at it or else become complacent! And I don't want that!

So, I have a plan... :lol: everyone runs and hides because Shelley ALWAYS has a plan :P But really, it has been great not wanting to eat very much and seeing this initial loss but now that my appetite appears to be back to normal, here come the munchies...so it's time to put a stop to that before the scales creep too far in the WRONG direction again.

I really want to work on portion control and being able to recognise the correct portions without calorie counting. Because calorie counting is extremely tedious and time consuming :roll: and the simpler the plan, the better to stick to. So it's time to look at fresher alternatives, have an organised life so I don't become lazy and not make fresh meals etc. A lot more fruit and vege and salads but yummy foods that I like to eat, just healthy ones!

So that is the plan. Get this weight loss going in the right direction and then, plan a much needed holiday, something to work towards ;) I'm tired and need a break! But for now, it's Friday and I intend to have a HUGE sleep tonight!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:16 am

As one who has never countered calories I can tell you that it can work.
Portion control is basically getting a sense of what size each of your meals should look like, avoiding too much of calorie dense foods and eating more low calorie foods.
You don't need to count the numbers - just develop common sense "gut feel" for it.
If you eat the same foods regularly in the same amounts there isn't too much thinking involved in it at all.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 am

Hey Shelley,

That's a lovely photo; you're looking pretty awesome there gf :wink: In fact, if I looked that good when I embarked on this journey, I probably wouldn't have set off on it at all (as there doesn't appear to be much to lose)!! To be frank, I just can't see WHERE you need to lose weight from (in that pic)???
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 am

Here, let me show you :P

There is still plenty to lose, I assure you! The dress is just very flattering :) I can carry weight a lot better because I'm a lot smaller at the top than the bottom too :)
Attachments
me3.jpg
me3.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 786 times
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

It is that delicate balance between celebrate what you have achieved so far and the realism of what still needs to be done.

People do compliment you along the journey (as Josie has done) to encourage you. :)
What is often missed though is because they want to keep it positive that they don't want to "bring you down to earth".
We who are losing weight (or have done so) understand just how much more is before us on this journey (I'm sure Josie understands this fully from her own experience).
Remember this is all well meaning on people's part...
the best practise is smile graciously, thank them and say under your breath - "it ain't over yet!" :shock: :lol:

These photos are great motivation and help us see how far we have come. But they also serve a duel purpose...once you have reached goal weight you will see fully just how much it was only part of the way in this journey. It will be a greater reminder of just how very far you have come! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:29 am

Blitz wrote: It is that delicate balance between celebrate what you have achieved so far and the realism of what still needs to be done.

People do compliment you along the journey (as Josie has done) to encourage you. :)
What is often missed though is because they want to keep it positive that they don't want to "bring you down to earth".
We who are losing weight (or have done so) understand just how much more is before us on this journey (I'm sure Josie understands this fully from her own experience).
Remember this is all well meaning on people's part...
the best practise is smile graciously, thank them and say under your breath - "it ain't over yet!" :shock: :lol:

These photos are great motivation and help us see how far we have come. But they also serve a duel purpose...once you have reached goal weight you will see fully just how much it was only part of the way in this journey. It will be a greater reminder of just how very far you have come! 8)

Kim

Kim's spot on Shelley!!
That photo I commented on is AWESOME and though I'm happy to encourage you with a compliment, I really meant what I said in that I couldn't see (from that photo) that you needed to lose any more weight.
Yes I know (only too well) albeit nice to get the compliments, it can seem annoying especially when there is still more loss to be had!!!
Recently I went to visit some old friends (a former workplace) and they were ASTOUNDED to see me (those of them that even recognised me that is) and I kept getting told that "surely, you don't need to lose ANYMORE???" and shook their heads when I said I still need to drop about 15kg!!!
They couldn't see it through my clothes, but there are still a lot of lumps and bumps that need to move, and I'm not talking about empty loose skin, I'm referring to actually bumps filled with fat still that need to be worked off with healthy eating and exercise.
Bottom line in all of this.......You look FANTASTIC in that dress (I'd be wearing it to bed, just so I could wake up with it still on in the morning as I head out for the day)!! :lol: :lol:
Keep going till your reach the goal you set for yourself, but know (that in the meantime) you're looking HOT HOT HOT!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges