It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:07 am

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby ganymede » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 am

Thank you Kim and Josie :) I'm all for getting compliments! ;) it gears me up to keep going and get even better compliments in the future! I am doing a lot better and even my doctor was really happy with my progress and my medication change and even said I look like I've lost some weight. The separation end date is looming so it will be a confusing and emotional time ahead but with it comes new beginnings and breaking out of my comfort zone.

I have already proven I can do this in so many things I would never have done by myself when I was still attached. I just have to take that leap because its worth the journey, the learning and the independence. My plan is simply this: knuckle down now for the rest of the year and the beginning of next year, I really want to prove to myself what I'm capable of as far as weight loss goes, then planning a solo holiday to the Cook Islands in March for a bit of soul searching, relaxation and breaking out of my cocoon. And I intend to do it in a bikini even if it kills me!

88.3kg this morning. A small loss but a loss nonetheless. Better numbers to come ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Yes you have definitely proven that you can do it Shelley! Way to go gf!!! :wink:

I am sooooo envious, I'm a pretty shade of green!!! :mrgreen: My husband and I married and honeymooned in Rarotonga; it is truly heaven on earth!!!! You'll love it and if you're like me/most people who visit "the cooks", you won't ever want to leave!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:19 am

ganymede wrote: My plan is simply this: knuckle down now for the rest of the year and the beginning of next year, I really want to prove to myself what I'm capable of as far as weight loss goes, then planning a solo holiday to the Cook Islands in March for a bit of soul searching, relaxation and breaking out of my cocoon. And I intend to do it in a bikini even if it kills me!

I like your plan.
Knuckle down - that' is the way to go...strive for consistent results and you'll get there before you know it. :)
Really work on visualising this Cook Island holiday. Get images of yourself looking like a million dollars in a bikini walking on a wonderful sandy beach looking at the deep blue tropical ocean while all the guys on the beach have turned their eyes on you! :shock: 8)
Use this sort of thinking to focus your mind to want success so badly that you can almost taste it! :D

Never mind "a bikini even if it kills me" - aim for killer bikini! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Shel, whats happening? Hope you have managed to stay under 90.. hope to see you on here..

JP 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ganymede » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:53 am

Hey JP! I'm still around and should still be under those 90's 8) I've been on and off the past few weeks but trying to get my head into gear again. Been a weird week! First I joined EHarmony but have since realised it was far too song. I even had a date lined up but cancelled last minute because I was soooo not ready and was freaking out and not excited whatsoever.

What I DID do however, shock horror, was ask the astro guy out :lol: His reply was really nice, he basically said due to his busy schedule he hasn't managed to have a successful relationship so he was sorry to say he'd given up but that he'd love to catch up so yeah. A couple of my friends have also come to Australia from America for a visit as well so I'm seeing them on Thursday. Things are starting to look up :)

Now to get this weight loss moving again! ;)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Glad you've managed to do what I couldn't.. I've been right off my game since early July.. GI and I have started an eight week pledge and we hope to kick some butt before now and December..

E-Harmony hey? Watch out for *steer clear* of my mate Kanga on there :lol: He has met a couple of pyscho's but to be fair he's a bit of a nut himself ;) I had one blind date back in the 1980's which was an absolute nightmare and I vowed never again :roll: ..

You and Astroman seem suited, I been doing a bit of scientific reading of late, you know the Fermi Paradox etc, all interesting stuff, I can send you a funny (well l thought so) article on it if you like.. 8)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
JP1

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 am

Good to hear from you Shelley. :)
Don't force the guy thing...when the time is right Mr Right will fall from the sky.
Don't forget my 6 months between relationships policy.
I found that when I waited - at the end of the six months I had options! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Focus on yourself first. Weight loss now - better future tomorrow! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 am

That's what I figure Kim and I think that's why I decided to ask him out. Because I knew who I really wanted and Eharmony did not feel right. This way I can catch up with someone I like but not have the pressure of it being anything straight away. It may not eventuate anyway but it was funny, he said "Sorry to see you've stooped so low ;)" and that he was surprised I was single :lol:

It has actually been six months now, wow time does fly...will just see what happens. It has definitely spurred me on and boosted my confidence to keep pushing forward with the weight loss 8)

JP, would love to read that article, sounds very interesting indeed :) So far I haven't met any creepy guys on Eharmony :lol: but since getting a response from who I wanted, I haven't been responding to anyone :P
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby JP1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Here is the full version :

http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html

Here was the original article l was reading :

http://io9.com/11-of-the-weirdest-solut ... -456850746

Tell me what you think?

8)
JP1

Postby ganymede » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Very interesting read, JP! All interesting theories but the one I'd be likely to think if there is intelligent life in the Universe is the Prime Directive sort of explanation. It would make sense that if they were intelligent enough to conquer interstellar travel, that they would also have managed some form of peace in order to work together to make it happen :lol: They would see the benefits of not interfering with a civilisation just coming into the technological era and watch them form over time until they felt they were at a level where contact would be wise.

Strange because I'm actually working on one of my novels which delves into this quite a bit. Basically, two civilisations at completely different stages of evolution who are forced together by the "lesser" civilsations dire need. I guess it's a study in the different directions societies can go when progress technologically. Either expanding and growing or destroying and controlling.

I really enjoyed the funny excerpt, that was so clever! :lol: Gives you a funny view on the fact the possibilities are endless ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:49 am

Meat only? I don't think so...what about all that fat! :shock: :lol:

Of that list...I like the idea of the computer game. Shades of red Dwarf's "Back to Reality" (heck who wouldn't like to hang out in Bedford Falls?). Also echoes Shakespeare's thoughts...
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,

Here's the worst thought...maybe we are the most advanced life form in the universe! :shock:
The universe is doomed I tell you... :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:46 am

Hey make sure I get a copy when you have finished Shel sounds like a good read.. I'm more inclined to believe it's a mixture of 'rare Earth' and the vastness of space, not saying it's impossible as I'm open to anything but intergalactic travel seems out for me. I'm sure within the Universe there are thousands, if not millions of civilisation which are either still around or long gone but probably a lot less in our own neighbourhood. That said I believe our own galaxy is teeming with life just not technologically intelligent.

The computer simulation interests me Kim, someone wrote an article saying the chances of us living in a computer program were relatively high. Sounds far fetched but he went on to say that it explains phenomena that just can't be explained away like ghosts and apparitions etc which were basically bugs in the program :lol: - I don't rule much out and it's fun exploring this theory, I mean if you take it to it's extreme, it suggests there is no life out there because it's a waste of computer space which must be vast in it's capacity already. It also implies that parts of the world as we know it could be shut down, it also implies that not everyone is living in this program. For example I know I am a real player but what if I'm only communicating to the program itself right now? I haven't met any of you in real life, the moment I do the program has to create you :? - welcome to planet JP 8)
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:49 am

Ah...but are you the real real player? Maybe you are only programmed to think you are. :wink:
In the movie "A Star is Born", Kris Kristofferson sings:
Watch closely now
You'll observe a curious exchange of energy
Are you a figment of my imagination
Or I one of yours?

Or to put it at a deeper level still...
what is more important?
"The Singer or the Song?"

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello all :)

I'm still floating around in the ether... Have not been watching the scales but have been living life so, I will eventually find that balance :)

Spent the most amazing weekend with a group of astro guys at a property in Warwick taking photos and finding galaxies, it was incredible :mrgreen: And whilst "the astro guy" has made it clear he has no interest, I still had the guts to ask again and get a clear answer. And we both handled it in a mature fashion and still want to be really good friends (fine by me!). Besides...I've started talking to his friend a lot, seems he likes me :) I'm not stepping in the deep end straight away though because I have no idea how I feel and would hate to hurt him too. I stepped away from all things internet, I even deactivated my main Facebook and created a smaller, fairly anonymous one for just a select few really close friends and astro peeps. My life is so much richer for it and for the amazing people I've met...finally things are starting to look up.

Oh, and the separation is within a week or so of being done and dusted. And no more medication either :) Time to live... I hope everyone has been doing really well here! Just thought I'd pop in and say a brief hi!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:11 am

I'm glad that you did Shelley! :D
I get mighty worried when people go missing...And quite a few are missing of late! :(

I was very close to sending you an email to check up on you.
I have to watch myself as my natural zealot ways may be unwanted...I'm sure people don't want to be hounded by me to stay true.
There is a delicate balance between being supportive and being on someone's back. :shock: :lol:

Happy to see that your social life is better and that your life is moving forward. 8)

Don't forget however the importance that a healthy lifestyle will make to the promise of a better future. :D

We are always here for you.
Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges