It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 am

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby ganymede » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 am

Hi everyone :)

Not sure who is still checking in on the forums, I know I have been MIA for quite some time now! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and hopefully try and at least be a little more active on here again. I have been fairly wayward with the food but don't feel like I've gained too much, medication tends to mess around with my appetite and so does the heat.

I've started dating someone :mrgreen: He is lovely...so thoughtful, so into me... he does so many nice things for me, buys me flowers, he is a great cook! Always looking out for me, he loves astronomy, photography and we get along really well. We stayed friends for quite some time as I was getting really anxious and panicky, constantly worrying I didn't feel anything for him, worried the attraction wasn't there. But he is so much more than that... so I decided I had to give it the best possible chance and made it official. He is very understanding of my problems in the past, always checking I'm okay, asking questions about it so he knows how I react to certain things, it's really nice to be with someone who cares so much and wants to do nice things for me just like I do for them.

We both want to get our eating and exercise on track, in his words, "I deserve a nice piece of arm candy" :lol: So it will be great to have each other to support in it! Life is finally coming together :)

I hope everyone has been doing really well, will try and catch up on the forums soon!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Tams » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm

So lovely to have you back - and have such wonderful things happening in your life! Being in love is also a bit of good for weightloss I've found :D (it's the getting married and settling down that you have to watch! Fortunately for me I have someone very honest to tell me I'm putting it on, and who likes my cooking - which is healthy!).
Tams

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 am

Welcome back Shelly. It's good that things are coming back together for you.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:50 pm

ganymede wrote:Hi everyone :)

Not sure who is still checking in on the forums, I know I have been MIA for quite some time now! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and hopefully try and at least be a little more active on here again. I have been fairly wayward with the food but don't feel like I've gained too much, medication tends to mess around with my appetite and so does the heat.

I've started dating someone :mrgreen: He is lovely...so thoughtful, so into me... he does so many nice things for me, buys me flowers, he is a great cook! Always looking out for me, he loves astronomy, photography and we get along really well. We stayed friends for quite some time as I was getting really anxious and panicky, constantly worrying I didn't feel anything for him, worried the attraction wasn't there. But he is so much more than that... so I decided I had to give it the best possible chance and made it official. He is very understanding of my problems in the past, always checking I'm okay, asking questions about it so he knows how I react to certain things, it's really nice to be with someone who cares so much and wants to do nice things for me just like I do for them.

We both want to get our eating and exercise on track, in his words, "I deserve a nice piece of arm candy" :lol: So it will be great to have each other to support in it! Life is finally coming together :)

I hope everyone has been doing really well, will try and catch up on the forums soon!

Getting together a healthy lifestyle together - together is a great plan...make it so!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Challenges