It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

Winter Challenge: 9th July - 2nd October

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Winter Challenge: 9th July - 2nd October

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 am

Blitz wrote:
ganymede wrote::lol: I always have an ounce of trepidation when stepping on the scales, even when I've been good!

I always have an ounce of trepidation too...but mixed with a good measure of hope! :shock: :lol:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 701 times
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 am

I am moments away from throwing my scales OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

89.8kg AGAIN this morning. I just cannot seem to budge it, or when I do, it steadily creeps up again! I mean, I've been doing toning lately but for goodness sake, I should be loosing SOME weight. But then my clothes feel more comfortable but no matter what I do or try, 89.8kg :roll:

This is really, really demotivating. I usually lose weight relatively easily, there have even been weeks where I was "pleasantly surprised" but this...this is ridiculous!!! And I'm so fricken anxious all the time and then this...so over it :(
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 am

ganymede wrote:I am moments away from throwing my scales OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

89.8kg AGAIN this morning. I just cannot seem to budge it, or when I do, it steadily creeps up again! I mean, I've been doing toning lately but for goodness sake, I should be loosing SOME weight. But then my clothes feel more comfortable but no matter what I do or try, 89.8kg :roll:

This is really, really demotivating. I usually lose weight relatively easily, there have even been weeks where I was "pleasantly surprised" but this...this is ridiculous!!! And I'm so fricken anxious all the time and then this...so over it :(

Oh Shelley, don't be disheartened; I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that you've been exercising like mad and building muscle (which is a good thing). Let your clothes be your guide!!! You'll burn the fat once the muscle kicks into gear, and although the scales aren't reflecting it now, your clothes are evidence that change (for the better) is happening!!!

Hugs to you gf....keep your chin up; you'll see that the numbers will drop again, once the body re-adjusts itself!! xx :wink:
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Hey Shelley, don't you dare let those 80s go again, defend the like I defended my 100 :shock: :roll:

Seriously though you know the score with this game, it plays tricks with you sometimes.. Anyway I just don't want to see you lose any more ground, my losses are enough for this quarter, hang in there..

JP..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Cheers JP, I really appreciate that! I'm upset of course but I'll keep hanging on, doing some regrouping today - everything has hit me all at once (isn't that always how it goes!?) but hoping to get my head sorted over the weekend, get my priorities in order and get that mood back up! ;) It's far from over for both of us, we can get through this 8)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 pm

ganymede wrote:Cheers JP, I really appreciate that! I'm upset of course but I'll keep hanging on, doing some regrouping today - everything has hit me all at once (isn't that always how it goes!?) but hoping to get my head sorted over the weekend, get my priorities in order and get that mood back up! ;) It's far from over for both of us, we can get through this 8)

Whenever things don't work out, it can be easy to get down on yourself but as long as you remember that (in the words of Scarlet O'Hara) "tomorrow is another day" you'll be fine. We're human, we have lapses and even if we haven't lapse per se, but rather just not done as well as we'd have like, it's a good opportunity to look back and ask yourself, how could I have done things differently??? Chances are, it's probably just a minor glitch that will get straightened out in the coming weeks; so it's okay to feel a bit down but don't let it get the better of you; rise above it and kick a$$ the following week!!! You can do it!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Seeing the scales weighing in the same or even recording a slight gain Shelley began to suspect that maybe a little toning has occurred!

:wink: Kim
Attachments
shelltree.jpg
shelltree.jpg (35.27 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Good one Kim!!! :lol:
Hey, I saw this really funny quote today (though you can't use it Kim because you've only ever lost weight once) but for the rest of us who've "been there done that before" we can say........... "In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.” :oops: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Well it was very quickly done. Drawn, scanned, coloured all under three minutes...so don't judge it too harshly.

You've touched on something that I've always said about myself.
I'm a lazy person...I had to lose it the one time only - the alternative of losing it, gaining it and losing it endlessly was too much effort! :shock:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Blitz wrote:Well it was very quickly done. Drawn, scanned, coloured all under three minutes...so don't judge it too harshly.

Are you kidding??? That's pretty awesome Kim!!! :D I never got beyond drawing stick figures myself, the best I could ever come up with was something like:
Attachments
imagesYKIHG6NR.jpg
And they're not even my works of art!!!
imagesYKIHG6NR.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 690 times
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Starting Weight: 95.2 Kgs
Goal Weight: 92.0 Kgs *revised* - give that a bash
Current Weight: 96.4 Kgs
Loss since last weigh in: been roller coastering
Loss this challenge: 1.2 Kgs *gain*

Actually not as bad as l thought this quarter but anyway gives me something to work on.. I'm away Aept 19th - Oct 6th so I'd be delighted to come back anywhere south of 95 Kgs tbh giving me a good platform for the last quarter but we'll see how it all pans out..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:14 pm

JP1 wrote:Starting Weight: 95.2 Kgs

Actually not as bad as l thought this quarter but anyway gives me something to work on.. I'm away Aept 19th - Oct 6th so I'd be delighted to come back anywhere south of 95 Kgs tbh giving me a good platform for the last quarter but we'll see how it all pans out..

Well then focus on making a dent into the low 90's (a cinch for you JP) thereby giving that platform a very comfortable and wide birth to dance on whilst you're away!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Hey Shelley, when the scales don't budge and you've been working out and eating well...go by how you feel (virtuous!) and how those clothes are fitting :) The scale results are in the pipeline. This is what I'm telling myself at the moment. I looked at my last 'losing stint' figures too, and it took over 2 months for me to lose just 1 kilo, but boy was there a visual difference (and a drop in dress size by one size). So the exercise will pay dividends while the scales won't be telling the full story.

Sadly the converse is also true - when you stop working, restart bad eating, and the scales read around the same, but unfortunately fat has replaced muscle! :shock:

Keep on working and eating well...
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am

JP1 wrote:Starting Weight: 95.2 Kgs

Still plenty of time in this challenge to make a good dent in the figures.
First goal...to get that "Loss this challenge" number into the loss column! :wink:
One good week should blow that goal away...and then you are sailing again! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:37 am

START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

PreviousNext