It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:03 am

Free Newsletter

Last quarter of 2014 Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Last quarter of 2014 Challenge

Postby Rocca » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks DD! Makes sense!

I also can't wait for my BMI to be under 30 ("overweight") and it's not too far away! Once I get into the 70s that will be my next mini goal. Good luck with your challenge, you can do it, no sweat!! ...OK there will probably be some sweat. :wink:
Rocca

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 am

Rocca wrote:Thanks DD! Makes sense!

I also can't wait for my BMI to be under 30 ("overweight") and it's not too far away! Once I get into the 70s that will be my next mini goal. Good luck with your challenge, you can do it, no sweat!! ...OK there will probably be some sweat. :wink:

Thanks Rocca,
Yes there'll definitely be sweat (a lot of it)!!! :shock: and ain't it just the most (un)attractive part of exercising??!! :oops: Honestly, I don't look at people in the gym except if I catch a glimpse of them sweating profusely at which point (quietly in my head) I'm thinking both "way to go!!!" :wink: and "eewww" :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 am

JP1 wrote:Been back a couple of days now, back into my hour walks per night, weighed in this morning at 99.7 Kgs.. Gonna put my starting weight down as 99.9 Kgs..

Target is 89.9 Kgs nine weeks today when I head overseas again..

The prodigal son returns...welcome back! :D
Been mightily worried about you JP - it is good to see you back...now get to work cause there is much weight to shift in nine weeks!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 am

DD Diva wrote:Yes there'll definitely be sweat (a lot of it)!!! :shock: and ain't it just the most (un)attractive part of exercising??!! :oops: Honestly, I don't look at people in the gym except if I catch a glimpse of them sweating profusely at which point (quietly in my head) I'm thinking both "way to go!!!" :wink: and "eewww" :oops:

My wife and daughter call me the sweaty monster after I get off the exercise bike. And they refuse even to hug me as well! So unfair - specially as I worked so hard. :shock: :lol: :wink:

My starting BMI was 54.7...so hard to believe it was that high now.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:01 am

As long as the odor is kept under control and you wipe down the machine I reckon sweat your heart out!
If you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough!
Rocca

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:42 am

Rocca wrote:If you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough!

You're darn tooting right on that one! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 pm

He he, well in my sport (partner dances), sweat happens too - you just gotta get used to it to a certain extent, and ALSO practice good and frequent personal hygeine/grooming. Aka shaving, deodorant/perfume, baby wipes, towel, hand sanitiser, fresh shirt (usually just the guys - girls don't have such a problem), good fabrics, and a good clean diet (no onion, garlic, cigarettes, wine, smelly cheese or fish...some of these in consideration just before you dance, others may be a permanent exclusion depending on how they work with your body). Cause whatever smells are coming out of your sweat, they are gonna get rubbed all over someone else - ewww.

But yeah, like I told one of my students at the beginning of the year when he transferred to me and said he'd never sweated when he danced...he wasn't doing it right and I'd soon fix that!! (I have!!)

The worst I've sweated was in a day-time outdoor gig, dancing swing (think non stop sprinting and jumping) in about 40 degrees. I got off the stage and some people at a cafe table handed me their napkins!! Seriously, I had a running layer of water all over my skin. I was actually kinda embarrassed, as one of the guys was someone I had a crush on - so romantic that he thought I needed mopping up. Plus, he wasnt a dancer, so he wasnt in the know about how much water we go through and sweat being normal (so long as you don't stink!) - especially on such a day in full sun. Thank goodness I'd put on sunscreen (and had two changes of clothes!).
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:05 am

Tams wrote:The worst I've sweated was in a day-time outdoor gig, dancing swing (think non stop sprinting and jumping) in about 40 degrees.

I know all about that. For some reason parents think that high summer is the perfect time to stick the kids out the backyard at birthday parties to watch the magic show. What shade there is, is usually where the kids are sitting. If I'm lucky there will be a small spot of shade for my rabbit (who is sitting on a ice bottle anyway) whilst I melt in the sun in full magical costume doing my active show.

However, I don't sweat as badly as I did when I was super obese. In those days I would be drenched in sweat from the heat and effort. My trick was to bath myself in antiperspirant and lather my whole body with stick deodorant so that I would sweat 'Brut' or 'Old Spice' instead! :shock: :lol:

My worst heat time was a performance in Karratha (North-Western Australia). I was flown up to do an outdoor show in high summer. I was in the sun - all the locals were in the shade (they knew something that I didn't). Just before going on someone suggested that I should wear a hat (again, they knew something that I didn't). I refused saying that a shady hats didn't look magical. As soon as I started the show I realised what everyone else there knew...the sun is far more intense than down the south of the state (it can get hot - but not that intense). It was a very tough show. The hardest bit was the last bit. Suddenly the heat was winning and I was in danger of keeling over. The world was darkening, my vision was tunnelling and everything was spinning! It was a 50/50 chance as how this show was going to end - either with applause for the appearance of the rabbit or the magician falling down on the stage with sunstroke! With the show business adage of "the show must go on" echoing in my head I finished the show by sheer force of will as quickly as I could. As soon as I was able to stagger off the stage I drenched my head into cold water and drank a gallon of it to recover! The glories of show business! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 am

Blitz wrote: My worst heat time was a performance in Karratha (North-Western Australia). I was flown up to do an outdoor show in high summer. I was in the sun - all the locals were in the shade (they knew something that I didn't). Just before going on someone suggested that I should wear a hat (again, they knew something that I didn't). I refused saying that a shady hats didn't look magical. As soon as I started the show I realised what everyone else there knew...the sun is far more intense than down the south of the state (it can get hot - but not that intense). It was a very tough show. The hardest bit was the last bit. Suddenly the heat was winning and I was in danger of keeling over. The world was darkening, my vision was tunnelling and everything was spinning! It was a 50/50 chance as how this show was going to end - either with applause for the appearance of the rabbit or the magician falling down on the stage with sunstroke! With the show business adage of "the show must go on" echoing in my head I finished the show by sheer force of will as quickly as I could. As soon as I was able to stagger off the stage I drenched my head into cold water and drank a gallon of it to recover! The glories of show business! :lol:

Kim

I can just picture it Kim.....look boys and girls, watch the talented magician do a disappearing act.....(pulls sheet over himself, and all that is left when it falls to the ground is a cane, hat, gloves and a huge puddle!!) :shock: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:07 am

More like the 'Wizard of Oz' wicked witch of the west..."I'm melting...I'm melting!" :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:31 am

Oh no no no Kim, nothing "wicked" about you, you're too gentle a soul to be compare yourself to that nasty character!! :oops:

Anyway back to the challenge thread....

My first loss for this challenge, a respectable 500g (though it was looking much better!!) so really I can't complain because as they say "a loss is a loss"!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I grew up in Perth, and travelled all over the state with my camping/adventure type family - so I can just see you in Karratha Kim!! I'm assuming it was also the wet season, rather than the dry? Far hotter!! I went to visit my brother in Derby in the shoulder between wet and dry - gah! Walk out of a building (aircon), and in one minute flat, no makeup. I'm assuming, as a Perthite, you like the hot dry heat, not the humid heat (for me that's the killer).
Tams

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 am

DD Diva wrote:Oh no no no Kim, nothing "wicked" about you, you're too gentle a soul to be compare yourself to that nasty character!! :oops:

Anyway back to the challenge thread....

My first loss for this challenge, a respectable 500g (though it was looking much better!!) so really I can't complain because as they say "a loss is a loss"!!! :wink:

A loss is always good - far better than the alternatives! :lol: 8)

As for wicked...trust me - at the very least my sense of humour is very wicked. :twisted:
As for using the word "gentle" - those that have met me face to face would use many words to describe me...but gentle ain't one of them! :wink: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:51 am

Tams wrote:I grew up in Perth, and travelled all over the state with my camping/adventure type family - so I can just see you in Karratha Kim!! I'm assuming it was also the wet season, rather than the dry? Far hotter!! I went to visit my brother in Derby in the shoulder between wet and dry - gah! Walk out of a building (aircon), and in one minute flat, no makeup. I'm assuming, as a Perthite, you like the hot dry heat, not the humid heat (for me that's the killer).

I was there during the dry. Your description makes me glad that I wasn't there in the wet!
I think what it was is that generally you build up to the heat over time but I had just flown in from Perth where it was very cool - and into some intense northern heat. It probably didn't help that until I did the gig I stayed indoors. Karratha being a mining town means that everybody runs their air conditioners 24/7 because the mining company pays for it.

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 am

Start of challenge 99.9 Kgs

Weigh in today 99.4 Kgs

Loss on Challenge so far 0.5 Kgs
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges