It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Last quarter of 2014 Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Last quarter of 2014 Challenge

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 am

That can happen.
I think that experience is able to give you a handle on what should be worried about and what is a natural cycle of the body holding onto liquid and such.
When you change things around the body's natural tendency is to hold on to what it can.
Be interesting to see what your next week's number is. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:57 am

CronicBadger wrote:2/12: 89 kilos

Not a worry. I haven't been bingeing. I suspect it's just a temporary variation. Still it'll keep me on my toes.

Hey BC,
It seems you're doing the right things, but the body is just being stubborn!!! :oops:
Keep at it, don't let this small rise upset you but rather, take it as a sign that (all going well) next week you'll shed any temporary gain and it will take a few hundred grams with it!! :wink:
Keep positive, you're doing fine, and at least you're lower than your challenge start weight!! And that's always a good thing!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm

9/12: 88 kg

So, back to 88, with the intention of keeping it going in that direction.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 am

CronicBadger wrote:9/12: 88 kg

Good one! 8)
Now let's see a 87kg real soon! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 am

CronicBadger wrote:9/12: 88 kg

WOO HOO!!!! AWESOME GOING CB. :wink:
Ditto on Kim's post CB, let's see 87 soon (fingers crossed).
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 am

WOO HOO!!! I MADE IT!!!
Although my official weigh in day isn't until Sunday, my daily check finally saw me (not only reach) but break through my "challenge goal" of 68kg to a (very pleasing) 67.8kg!!! Yayyyyy I'm very very happy!!! :D
Though we have a Christmas function to attend this evening which may wipe that smile off my face if I don't keep myself in check!!! :oops:
As long as I can behave, I should be able to (at the very least) be able to stay in the 68's by Sunday (fingers crossed, lips sealed shut!) :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:41 am

Very well done Josie! 8)
This success should motivate you at the Christmas function to stay true and keep the momentum going. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks Kim,

Sadly, I predicted right. That come weigh in day (today) I'd jump back into the 68's after Friday night's Xmas function. Although I did okay, I could have done a lot better and one glass of champagne (it only takes 1 x any alcohol drink for me) and the numbers of my scales go into meltdown!!! :oops:

67.8kg lasted all of one day!! :cry:

Never mind, I still managed to pull out a 900g loss for the week (but I keep dwelling on the fact that had Friday not occurred, it would have been a far more impressive 1.6kg) I need to move on.......

This time of year is a real killer; I've got Christmas day to survive yet!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:16 am

DD Diva wrote:Sadly, I predicted right. That come weigh in day (today) I'd jump back into the 68's after Friday night's Xmas function.

Gone...but not forgotten! :lol:
I'm sure the taste of glory will soon focus you to get back the ground. :)

DD Diva wrote:This time of year is a real killer; I've got Christmas day to survive yet!!! :shock:

This time of the year is very difficult but it tests our metal and shows us our strengths and weaknesses.

Yesterday I had a strolling gig at the private house of a Western Australian government Cabernet minister.
My hours were from 5pm to 8pm which meant that I had to have my dinner at 4:30pm while travelling to the job in my car (after the gig it would be far to late for me to eat). Food at the party was in plentiful supply...and through out the job the minister kept inviting me to help myself!
In weakness I did partake - I had one natural almond and one grape! :lol:

Thankfully, most of my Christmas rush is over now...only two more gigs this year to do - an hour walkaround at lunch time on Christmas Day (I've done this one annually for many years) and three hours walkaround at a restaurant on New year's Eve. Easy jobs...so I'll be able to get back to some good healthy routines again and keep on track with style. 8)

Yep!...this time of the year is a killer but it can be survived!
Just take each event as it comes and think out the strategies that will help you win through.
I have all confidence in you! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:36 am

Blitz wrote:Yep!...this time of the year is a killer but it can be survived!
Just take each event as it comes and think out the strategies that will help you win through.
I have all confidence in you! :D

Kim

Thanks Kim, appreciate the vote of confidence!! :D

Though I'm by no means as disciplined as you, (your steadfastness is rock solid; I admire that immensely!) I will but give it my very best especially on Christmas day to keep things "in moderation" as I won't have the luxury of being able to go to the gym to counteract any damage until after Boxing Day!! :cry:

Each lead up day to Christmas I have tried to create a "buffer" loss so that any gain is negated. I'm hoping that any gain is absorbed by the loss I've had (so far) in the lead up to Christmas. As of this morning, I'm down even lower than my 67.8kg low point prior to my last weigh in; now at 67.4kg (in other words) 1.1kg for the week so if Christmas day I gain 1.1kg that'll mean I end up the "same" come next Sunday's weigh in!! :? I know it sounds silly, but that's my plan!! :roll: Now if I can manage to have another teeny loss over the next two days (say 400g) that'll be a very nice 1.5kg buffer to play with!! :wink: You see, there's motive to my madness!! :lol:

My Christmas survival plan (don't know how I'll go, but I'll do my best!!)
Sunday 21 Dec: 68.5kg
Today 23 Dec: 67.4kg
Tomorrow 24 Dec: 66.9kg (fingers crossed) :shock:
Sunday 28 Dec: 68.5kg (hopefully I can undo/negate any Christmas day damage to return to my last weigh in figure)!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:18 am

I'm not disciplined...it's more of a question of living a lifestyle of good habits.
After a while (you will discover this more so when you hit maintenance stage) that doing "the right thing" becomes second nature.
Originally at the party I was only going to eat the almond...but it went down the wrong way! - so I ate the grape to help the almond down. :shock:
Serve myself anyway...I shouldn't have had the almond in the first place. :roll: :lol:

Just remember that there is no rule that you have to pig out at Christmas meals.
That way you give yourself permission to eat moderately.
After all it's suppose to be about the people around the table not what's on the table.

Glad to hear that you got that weight back down so quickly. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:03 am

It's scary to think how troublesome something as teeny as a little almond can be; THANK GOODNESS for that grape!! :shock:

Christmas is tomorrow, and the last quarter of 2014 challenge is a mere few days away after that!! My goal was 68kg and to date, I've made (and surpassed) it!!! But I'll have to wait and see on Sunday (28th) if I can truly call it this a challenge victory; I'll let you know :roll: (watch this space)

Till then....
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :wink:

xx
Diva
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Happy Christmas indeed everyone!!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:43 am

Ho Ho Ho...Happy Christmas to one and all!

I think you should be alright for your weigh in on Sunday Josie.
You'll have a few days to get back on track after Christmas to repair any blow out.
Nevertheless it will make interesting reading your weigh in on Sunday! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:21 am

Blitz wrote:Ho Ho Ho...Happy Christmas to one and all!

I think you should be alright for your weigh in on Sunday Josie.
You'll have a few days to get back on track after Christmas to repair any blow out.
Nevertheless it will make interesting reading your weigh in on Sunday! 8)

Kim

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, filled with gifts (especially of love) and joy!!! :D

Thanks Kim, I survived Christmas week (well.......kinda!! :oops: )

Here's what my Christmas week panned out:

Christmas morning (sneaky peak) 67.2kg (woo hoo)!! :D
Boxing day (the "morning after") 68.4kg (boo hoo)!! :cry:
Following Sunday (weekly W/I day) 67.8kg (semi woo hoo)!! :)

Okay well, I was naughty and blew out Christmas day to the tune of a whopping 1.2kg gain however I was glad that I could redeem myself enough to register a loss from the previous Sunday's weigh in!!! Phew....thank goodness!!! :roll: It took ALOT of hard work and bucket loads of sweat, but I was determined to make sure that my weekly Sunday Weigh In figure was going to be less than the previous Sunday (irrespective of Christmas day and any subsequent blow out) and thankfully I pulled it off!! :wink:

Now to make sure I stay under 68kg and maintain my "challenge goal" target for this last quarter challenge!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges