It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:15 am

Free Newsletter

Melbourne no melt down !!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Melbourne no melt down !!

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:09 am

Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Thursday..........85 :D
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Saturday...........83.7 wow
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:12 am

did really well for a weekend very proud of keeping myself on top of it,i must admit I pretty much lost it yesterday afternoon,thinking I might have been too hard on my self ...
patting myself on the back this morning..
thanks for all the feed back Kim.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:22 am

tinkerbella wrote:Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5

That's not too bad considering what you lost on Saturday and Sunday.
You've lost 2.4kg since you started this thread...I make it that you are a kilo over your 0.1kg daily target - good going or what? :D
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:26 am

tinkerbella wrote:did really well for a weekend very proud of keeping myself on top of it,i must admit I pretty much lost it yesterday afternoon,thinking I might have been too hard on my self ...
patting myself on the back this morning..
thanks for all the feed back Kim.

I think that you have done rather well this weekend.
You held it together under a lot of social pressure and done it using skills and experience that you have learnt on your journey.
All that has got to bode well for your continuing future success! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:51 am

Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 am

The night before last I had a dream I was going up the steps onto the plane with a walking stick,what a dream hey??

Well yesterday I was training Shanes birds and ran up too get a fantail too get the birds in and something popped,i turned around thinking somebody had hit a gold ball into my calf,well guess what I cant walk...
I hope im able too walk by tomorrow,im so upset..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 am

this morning my husbands helped me go the toilet and made my breaky,he brought it too me in bed...2 crumpets homey margarine coffee with what seemed like two sugars...what could I say,then he helped me get too the lounge and loaded up the table with packets of biscuits lollies and the likes...
I got Blake too remove all of them before he went and get me water,banana and an apple....

my husband didn't want too go to work but he come home yesterday as soon as it happened first day off in over many years,he had meetings booked for yesterday afternoon and I kept telling him too go back too work,he was very worried and I kept telling him I will b ok,gees I hope my possitivness happens and im able too walk by tomorrow..Shane thinks im dreaming.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Tinkerbella,

You are doing the right thing keeping off it while it is too sore to weightbear.

No weightbearing does make you feel SO incapacitated soooo....send your son or your husband to the chemist and hire yourself some crutches. NOT the ones that go under your arms, but the ones that have grips on your forearms (like this: http://wheelchairsandstuff.com.au/asset ... utches.jpg). These ones are much much more comfortable and easier to use, plus they give you the use of your hands when you stand still (the grips hang onto you and nothing needs propping up or goes crashing over - toilets are easy with these :wink: ).

You are tall, so make sure you get long ones - no point in creating more aches by stooping. Most you can self adjust very easily (but get the right size to begin with; from experience because I'm also tall, some chemist staff don't know that there are different sizes and will try and give you short ones). If you are able to go with your hubby or son, then that can be good too, as the chemist can size them up and adjust them for you and the spot - and you can insist on getting them comfortable. The last time I needed crutches, they were pushing a pair on me that had very uncomfortable hand pads. I knew there were better ones out there, so I went elsewhere and got a functional pair; afterall, you are going to be putting all your weight on your hands all the time when you are using them. It's good to know they are not all the same and you have options to get yourself comfortable! Probably also worth phoning the chemist in advance so that you can find a chemist who does stock the tall ones and hires them out and has them available.

I know you will probably feel this is overkill, but it totally isnt. It will get you mobile and functional even if all you need them for is a couple days. And YES, being able to get around your home WITHOUT WEIGHT BEARING is important when you have an injury. It is also not very expensive, and quite an easy thing to do. Your body and your sanity will thank you.

So says the voice of experience - just go do it girl! And I hope you get better very quickly. I am fairly finicky with my body these days, so I'd be getting to a physio or a Dr just so you know what it is and the expected recovery time. You can then put your mind at rest about whether you can do your Melbourne trip.

Hey, I did a Sydney trip on crutches! It's possible!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am

tinkerbella wrote:Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3

Cool...got back the ground. :D
Keep at it...near the end of your challenge now - ride it to victory to that end! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:33 am

tinkerbella wrote:The night before last I had a dream I was going up the steps onto the plane with a walking stick,what a dream hey??

Well yesterday I was training Shanes birds and ran up too get a fantail too get the birds in and something popped,i turned around thinking somebody had hit a gold ball into my calf,well guess what I cant walk...
I hope im able too walk by tomorrow,im so upset..

I think one of them birds did it! :lol: :wink:
But seriously...I hope it pops back into place quickly and heals fast.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 am

tinkerbella wrote:this morning my husbands helped me go the toilet and made my breaky,he brought it too me in bed...2 crumpets homey margarine coffee with what seemed like two sugars...what could I say,then he helped me get too the lounge and loaded up the table with packets of biscuits lollies and the likes...
I got Blake too remove all of them before he went and get me water,banana and an apple....

It's the sabotage of those that love us that gets us. :roll:
The thoughtfulness is there...the thinking wasn't!
You can't really blame them though. In the past, our fat selves demanded to be treated just like that.

tinkerbella wrote:my husband didn't want too go to work but he come home yesterday as soon as it happened first day off in over many years,he had meetings booked for yesterday afternoon and I kept telling him too go back too work,he was very worried and I kept telling him I will b ok,gees I hope my possitivness happens and im able too walk by tomorrow..Shane thinks im dreaming.

Get some good rest in.
Try to move your leg as much as you can but back off if it is causing too much pain.
And see a doctor if it isn't improving.
For successful weight loss; you have to look after your body first.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:59 am

Thanks Tams and Kim,
I know its ice ice ice but the hot bath seems too help also,im not sure if im doing wrong but the warmth is so nice and seems too really lossen up the area..
Shane brought me home crutches yesterday from a guy at his work but I don't seem too know what im doing with them,they are the ones that u can put to your height but im still unsure if these ones are tall enough the arm things don't seem too be anywhere near my under arm..
Ive found other parts of my body this morning are very sore,so maybe yesterday I over did it but didn't do too much,but im even feeling each day it is a little better and when it happened I thought theres no way I will be even moving by Saturday but hey I might be lucky and end up going..Courtney will be so disappointed and when talking too her I don't think shes got any idea how bad I am and that she will need too help me if I do turn up..We have got everything booked and paided for so ive got too try so hard too go...
Anyways I know what im like and ive got too stay positive..
But I really appreciate all the help and kindness from you Tams and Kim...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:00 am

Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday.........83.3
Thursday
Friday
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 am

Ive stayed away from my vegie soup and I haven't put on weight,so ive got a pot of vegie soup in my fridge that frightens me....Mum and dad are coming over today so I will give them some...
Its funny I know my vegie soup stacks on the weight on myself...
Tonight we are having an easy meal,my poor husband has been doing everything its been interesting watching him and me and him relizing how much I do do...
Cant wait until im back too normal,it drives me nuts watching everybody going 90 too the 12 and getting knowhere..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey Tinkerbella, just to clarify about the crutches. THere are two types. Ones that you rest your underarms on. And ones, like that picture, that come no way near your underarms - they clip around your forearm below your elbow, and you rest all your weight on your hands as you grip the hand piece. Either way, you should not have to stoop to swing along with your crutches....

Hope the recovery keeps going well!
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges