It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Melbourne no melt down !!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Melbourne no melt down !!

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Tams feeling heaps better today,still not walking too good but a lot better,then tonight being cold its a lot sorer and walking a lot worse..seems when im warmer its a lot better...
Will be heaps better again tomorrow with fingers crossed and hope...ive always got hope...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:29 am

tinkerbella wrote:Thanks Tams and Kim,
I know its ice ice ice but the hot bath seems too help also,im not sure if im doing wrong but the warmth is so nice and seems too really lossen up the area..
Shane brought me home crutches yesterday from a guy at his work but I don't seem too know what im doing with them,they are the ones that u can put to your height but im still unsure if these ones are tall enough the arm things don't seem too be anywhere near my under arm..
Ive found other parts of my body this morning are very sore,so maybe yesterday I over did it but didn't do too much,but im even feeling each day it is a little better and when it happened I thought theres no way I will be even moving by Saturday but hey I might be lucky and end up going..Courtney will be so disappointed and when talking too her I don't think shes got any idea how bad I am and that she will need too help me if I do turn up..We have got everything booked and paided for so ive got too try so hard too go...
Anyways I know what im like and ive got too stay positive..
But I really appreciate all the help and kindness from you Tams and Kim...

I think the ice and the hot bath are both excellent ideas.
Remember to pace yourself for good recovery. Too many people start to feel a little bit better and start racing around only to do further harm.
By taking it easy now, you'll save yourself for Saturday (hopefully).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:32 am

tinkerbella wrote:Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Thursday..........85 :D
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Saturday...........83.7 wow
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday.........83.3

Getting that result under the circumstances is very very good. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 am

tinkerbella wrote:Ive stayed away from my vegie soup and I haven't put on weight,so ive got a pot of vegie soup in my fridge that frightens me....Mum and dad are coming over today so I will give them some...
Its funny I know my vegie soup stacks on the weight on myself...
Tonight we are having an easy meal,my poor husband has been doing everything its been interesting watching him and me and him relizing how much I do do...
Cant wait until im back too normal,it drives me nuts watching everybody going 90 too the 12 and getting knowhere..

You just want to be in control of it all! :lol: :wink:
Sit back, relax and be pampered! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:36 am

tinkerbella wrote:Hi Tams feeling heaps better today,still not walking too good but a lot better,then tonight being cold its a lot sorer and walking a lot worse..seems when im warmer its a lot better...
Will be heaps better again tomorrow with fingers crossed and hope...ive always got hope...

Another hot bath and maybe some Deep Heat will help the mending.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:29 am

Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday.........83.3
Thursday...........83.6
Friday
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

didn't eat bad yesterday but just haven't been doing anything,it shows that there really has too be some sort of movement too be eating 30 points too stay on top of it,
im very happy with my efforts so im still patting myself on the back ...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Tams wrote:Hey Tinkerbella, just to clarify about the crutches. THere are two types. Ones that you rest your underarms on. And ones, like that picture, that come no way near your underarms - they clip around your forearm below your elbow, and you rest all your weight on your hands as you grip the hand piece. Either way, you should not have to stoop to swing along with your crutches....

Hope the recovery keeps going well!

the crutches that I have here seemed like they were wanting too go faster than I wanted too go and I had too keep up with them,they seem too have a mind of their own...I keep feeling as I get a little bit too ahead of myself and find its better if I sit and watch tv more so than trying too get them do as they are to,ld...
im a lot better today and fingers crossed a lot better tomorrow,im pretty sure im going as im pretty sure I will be able too get up the steps at the plane...
my husbands starting too say hes worried and hes going too miss me,Courtney and I had a video chat last night and Courtney and I are ready too make trouble and play up together,Shane watches Courtney and I chat and I think it worries him all the more,but hes only got too look at me and think nobodys going too take me on with a limp...but its funny playing with him,if only he knew how special he is I know im the luckiest girl in the world...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:30 am

Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday.........83.3
Thursday...........83.6

To be expected when you are carry injury and find yourself less mobile.
It will pass and you'll get back on track.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:37 am

tinkerbella wrote:didn't eat bad yesterday but just haven't been doing anything,it shows that there really has too be some sort of movement too be eating 30 points too stay on top of it,
im very happy with my efforts so im still patting myself on the back ...

That's the right attitude and perfectly observed! :D
As an interesting aside to this...remember how we began our weight loss journey thinking it is all about reducing the food?
Only to reluctantly come to the conclusion that we will have to move our butts sometime soon if we want to see real progress.
For me it was in my second week that this became reality for me...food reduction was fine but I would have to haul my carcass off the couch if I wanted to continue to have good weight loss results.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 am

tinkerbella wrote:the crutches that I have here seemed like they were wanting too go faster than I wanted too go and I had too keep up with them,they seem too have a mind of their own...I keep feeling as I get a little bit too ahead of myself and find its better if I sit and watch tv more so than trying too get them do as they are to,ld...
im a lot better today and fingers crossed a lot better tomorrow,im pretty sure im going as im pretty sure I will be able too get up the steps at the plane...
my husbands starting too say hes worried and hes going too miss me,Courtney and I had a video chat last night and Courtney and I are ready too make trouble and play up together,Shane watches Courtney and I chat and I think it worries him all the more,but hes only got too look at me and think nobodys going too take me on with a limp...but its funny playing with him,if only he knew how special he is I know im the luckiest girl in the world...

It is amazing how quickly the body can heal itself. Rest is the key to recovery.
Sounds like you are planning a Wet June to make up for the Dry July! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:00 am

Monday 18th May 85.7
Tuesday...........85.4
Wednesday.......85.1
Friday.............84.9
Saturday..........84.6
Sunday............84.5

Monday 25th May..84.8
Tuesday ............84.6
Wednesday........84.3
Thursday...........84.2
Friday..............84.2
Sunday..............83.3

Monday 1st June...83.5
Tuesday.............83.3
Wednesday.........83.3
Thursday...........83.6
Friday..........................83.4

well now I have too behave and not have a melt down in Melbourne and get back and try and stay close to these numbers ,get back and get to goal...ive done well here so lets hope I can stay close too track while away..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Pack Warm!!

Better yet, bring us some warmth! Cna't believe how cold the past 3 days have been. Looks like it will be warmer for your visit tho :)
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 am

Friday..........................83.4

well now I have too behave and not have a melt down in Melbourne and get back and try and stay close to these numbers ,get back and get to goal...ive done well here so lets hope I can stay close too track while away..

2.3kg loss for the challenge is a really excellent result. :D

Just keep saying to yourself..."I'm very close to goal now - I don't want to throw it all away now that I'm within tasting distance of success."
Remember you have all the skills and experience to ride out any thing that is thrown your way.

Enjoy yourself and have fun! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:02 am

Tams wrote:Pack Warm!!

Better yet, bring us some warmth! Cna't believe how cold the past 3 days have been. Looks like it will be warmer for your visit tho :)

Definitely!!! It is absolutely FREEZING here, with temperatures getting well into single figures.
So pack lots of warm winter woollies Tink, because you're going to need them to keep the chilly winds (which have real bite) away!!!
Enjoy your stay in Melbourne, there's some AMAZING restaurants (we are one of the country's cuisine capitals after all) but just don't visit too many otherwise you risk undoing all your good work!! :oops:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges