It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Free Newsletter

New Years Resolution - Make your own challenge!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

New Years Resolution - Make your own challenge!

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:24 pm

As the new year creeps up closer and closer its nearly time for us to make that resolution. Whether it be eating less chocolate, no chocolate to lose 10 kilo or to lose 50 kilo, write it down here and lets see who keeps it. :)

My resolution is to make sure I work out every day and eat healthier.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby slimmindown » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:30 pm

my news year resolution is not to eat as much as I did next christmas as i did this one :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby alex_bilson » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:50 pm

My resolution is to eat conciously -

and my goal is to reach my 60kg goal!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:00 pm

ive said i want to be healthy and happy (that was my resolution) but am adding in that i would like to be 65kg by april (my birthday)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:18 pm

seriously, I would love to keep up my exercise regime and loose another 30 kg this year. 70kg by next xmas would be fantastic.. 8)

keeping up the exercise makes me feel good on a daily basis though,that is my main goal 8)
slimmindown

Postby SarahC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 am

My resolution is to maintain my weight for the entire year.

I had this same resolution for this year and failed miserably... so I am determined to learn from this experience and not make the same mistakes again. I am going to finally free myself from the cycle of overeating, gaining weight, losing it again, rewarding myself with food and gaining the weight back again. Each time it is more and more upsetting :( (gosh and not to mention the lovely stretch marks/cellulite that is left behind... grrr!)

The other part of this resolution is to finally recognise and do something about my problem with food. Some days I can literally spend the whole day thinking about nothing but food, what I have eaten, what I am going to eat, what I want to eat but am not going to... and how much I weigh, what clothes will fit.... and how much excercise I have done, if it's enough, etc, etc. I get to the end of the day and realise that I have achieved absolutely nothing :shock: So, I will do one or all of: go to an OA meeting, see a cousellor, try hypnotherapy (a real person, not the CD lol), make time for relaxation, and get out of the house at night time to do a hobby... one that doesn't involve food :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:48 am

hi sarah i too need to get out of the house on my own and do a hobby. im just self conscious about myself ALL THE TIME so im too scared to go and try something new on my own :S
kate_turner2000

Postby Leenie » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:20 pm

my resolution, not that i make resolutions, but for the sake of this i will, is to get down to my goal of 70kg, and not turn everything positive that i have into a negative, eg. getting obessed with eating and excercise, and just enjoy it for what it is.

a suggestion for those who want to have a hobby at night, contact your local SES branch. it is fantastic, even if you are not entirely sure about going by yourself, you will make great friends and everyone will really look after you, i only joined 2 months ago and have really made some great friends. also, you don't have to worry about not having a great body, because you get given a pair of horrid orange overalls that don't compliment anyone. last week one of the guys that i met through ses came to the pub that i work in for tea and when he first looked at me he goes 'you look stunning tonight' we're sure its because he is so used to seeing me in those orange overalls.
it has many more benefits than the overalls, it really gives you a feeling of having a purpose, and they generally have training one night a week which will keep you away from that fridge. you can give as much or as little as you want, and they won't let you out until you have satisfactorily trained.

anyway just a suggestion,
good luck everyone with your resolutions
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waz05aR/]
[/url]
Leenie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:21 pm

sounds interesting leenie... may have to give that some thought. :idea:
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Leenie i was in the SES in the country before I moved to the city many many years ago. We had some cool training like absailing and knot tying and search and rescue. Unfortunately I moved to the city and never got to use any of it, (or fortunately for those I would of been helping I guess).

I might also look into joining again down here in Melbourne, I really enjoyed it for the short time I was in it. i was 23 then now I'm 36 so would need to start completely over with any training :D

thanks for the reminder of how good it was :D
slimmindown

Postby CrimsonThunder » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:27 am

Woo we have resolutions. Only 3 more days till New years eve, then after the alcohol wears off we have to stick to it. :P
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 am

Arrrgg.. three days :shock: Now, where did I put that champagne bottle??

I like the idea of joining the SES Leenie... might have to give that some thought. I was in the Navy for over a year, so if I can handle that training, then the SES mightn't be that bad. I thought of the fire brigade once before, but the pressure from the fire hoses knocks me over as I'm so small... how embarassing :lol:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:17 am

In 2007 I would like to:

:arrow: lose 30kgs
:arrow: increase exercise
:arrow: be able to wear clothes in other fabrics than just stretchy! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:42 am

OH and I have decided that I am not going to have takeaway on my treat meal unless it is Subway. I am tired of having stuff and then feeling bloated and lousy for a couple of days after...it is just hampering my weight loss efforts.

I am going to have instead on my to have things I love on that day such as some King Island Camembert or Brie on some crackers etc, just things that I can have that wouldn't normally fit into my everyday eating program....cause I mean for all you lovers of camembert and brie out there, how can you only have like 25g??? LOL. It only struck me on Christmas night as Scott bought me some as a treat and I was thinking how much I enjoyed it and it didn't make me feel yukky afterwards....duh how simple!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:27 am

gee resolutions always make mine mind go into overdrive lol
1_ work up the courage to go get my licence (people think im nuts at 33, 2 kids and no lience )

2-stick to exercise plan which is 20 mins bike each morning and reach up to 40mins bike and 20 mins stepper each day

3-Fit in resistence training each other day for at least 30mins

4- fit back into dress from 10 years ago at the end of 2007
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Next

Return to Challenges