It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

New Years Resolution - Make your own challenge!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fluffy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Wow, everyone has such great resolutions fopr 2007.

This time last year I was fortunate enough to spend New Years Eve in Times Square...this year things are quite different for me with my dad in hospital and my brother away it's just me and my mum here.

I am feeling a little sentimental and little sad. When I was away in New York, I remember standing there thinking "I wonder what will happen with me this year?". I think I have to say that I never thought I could finally break through this weight loss struggle that I have had all my life but now I am getting there. I have about another 20 kilos to lose but for the very first time in my life I actually BELIEVE that there is no reason I can't do it. So my resolutuion for 2007 is to BELIEVE because I have to.
Fluffy

Postby KimE » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Hey Jules I didn't get my licence till I was 35, and then instead of a car I got a motorcycle licence :roll: hehe I do have a learner permit for the car though which expires in 8 years so hopefully I will learn to drive a car some time.

Resolutions, well I really only have one. To stay under 60kgs.

That will happen by eating well most of the time and continueing to exercise.

Ally I am with you on the cheese front. 25g...that might be for a mouse! And now it really is a treat for me so I enjoy it when I have it.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:47 pm

hi fluffy
sorry to hear about your dad. i hope you have a smile on your face in the new year, always look on the bright side of things and everything will go your way
hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby Fluffy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi there Kate,

I really appreciate that. You have always been very kind and supportive towards me - I really do appreciate it. I am hoping my dad will be home on New Years Day. Thanks again...

:)
Fluffy

Postby Jisgone » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:13 pm

I have so many resolutions

1.) to reach my goal of 70 kg's by november
2.) to wear bathers on my cruise and not feel like a beached whale!
3.) to build some god damn confidence :P
4.) to be happy AND healthy
5.) to use the skinny arm blood pressure tester thing :P
6.) to run on a tread mill!
7.) not to give in like i have done so many times before
8.) to learn to say no when friends offer me naughty foods
9.) to be commited to all the above resolutions for life, not for the year

happy new year everyone :)
Jisgone

Postby Lolly » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:26 pm

Okies, here goes, I suppose writing it down does make us commit to it more so fingers crossed

:arrow: quit smoking (disgusting awful smelly habit that I have)
:arrow: lose at least 30kg of excess fat (that is about what my 10 year old weighs but the alternative is to lose him - I don't think that would be possible)
:arrow: to learn to exercise regularly, not just in spits and spurts
:arrow: to wean myself off the high doseanti-depressant drugs onto a maintaining dose (damn things MAKE me hungry :evil: )
:arrow: to teach the dog to WALK on the lead instead of trying to rip my arm off (I think it is time - she is a 6yr old Labrador who needs a diet and exercise too)
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:45 am

thats ok fluffy :) will be thinking of you and let us know how your dad goes :) keep smiling ok :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:40 am

Well mine is to lose 5kg. I would like to lose the 8 or 9 that would put me at my goal weight but I would be happy with 5. I lost some weight last year and this year I want to do the same. I just need to stay positve and watch that damn portion control! The hardest thing for me that is.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby tree » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Lots of great motivation here guys! I always think the best resolution is to focus on what you will do rather than beat yourself up and focus on what you wont do.

So in that theme:

I will lose 1/2 kg per week so that I will weigh in at 80kg by 11 June.

To do that I will do some excercize every day and I will make better food choices.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Just thought I'd dig up this old thread. Two months to go, I wonder how we are all going on the resolutions we made at the start of the year :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:43 pm

HAHA NOTHING I SAID HAS EVENTUATED! LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm

SarahC wrote:My resolution is to maintain my weight for the entire year.

I had this same resolution for this year and failed miserably... so I am determined to learn from this experience and not make the same mistakes again. I am going to finally free myself from the cycle of overeating, gaining weight, losing it again, rewarding myself with food and gaining the weight back again. Each time it is more and more upsetting :( (gosh and not to mention the lovely stretch marks/cellulite that is left behind... grrr!)

The other part of this resolution is to finally recognise and do something about my problem with food. Some days I can literally spend the whole day thinking about nothing but food, what I have eaten, what I am going to eat, what I want to eat but am not going to... and how much I weigh, what clothes will fit.... and how much excercise I have done, if it's enough, etc, etc. I get to the end of the day and realise that I have achieved absolutely nothing :shock: So, I will do one or all of: go to an OA meeting, see a cousellor, try hypnotherapy (a real person, not the CD lol), make time for relaxation, and get out of the house at night time to do a hobby... one that doesn't involve food :roll:

OK, I was doing very well with the first part of the resolution, ie, to maintain my weight for the entire year. Maintain I did... until November!! What the?????

Second part I guess was achieved by virtue of the first... off to the quack for me :roll: I didn't do much relaxation or find a hobby though, so that will have to be my resolution for next year! Plus continuing my quest to lose/maintain weight and resolve my food problems :)
SarahC

Previous

Return to Challenges