It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am

Free Newsletter

SUMMER WORKOUT POINTS CHALLENGE!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

SUMMER WORKOUT POINTS CHALLENGE!

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:32 pm

Hello! Well I certainly do have the challenge bug don't I?

I have been keeping my eye on the challenge page to see if any new years challenges cropped up- as they have not, and time is of the essence, I'm here to start another!

This is the Summer Workout Points Challenge!

It is based on accumulating points for your workouts.

It will run from January until the end of February.

Basically, when you post, you'll give yourself points for the workouts you have done.

:D = one workout.

:!: = five workouts

:? = half-strength workout!!

Obviously, everyone has different perceptions of what counts as one workout, a good workout. That is up to you to decide. A workout, in this case, is a strenuous session of, in most cases, intentional exercise. It doesn't include incedental exercise such as housework or exercise you do at work.

I have included the half point, or 'half-strength' point for those times when the workout just wasn't a valient effort - you may have only had time for a 15 min walk; you flaked and left the gym early; or you spent more than half of your soccer match on the sidelines!! I'm sure we are all familiar with these 'half-attempts' at exercise, but I think they still deserve half a point!

The 'five workout' smiley is simply a way of keeping your points more tidy - when you have 5 single points, trade them in for a fiver.

You needn't come on here to post after single workout, but maybe at least scrawl your workouts on a pad so you can update your points on here from time to time!

At the end of February the challenger with the most points wins!

Now the twist!! Remember to keep a record of your progress! If at any one time you go for one week without a single WHOLE POINT workout (that is, a proper one, not a half-hearted attempt) you must give yourself

:twisted: a little devil point!!!

At the end of the challenge, each little devil point will take THREE points off your total point score!! Show any devil points, But DON'T worry about taking your devil points OFF your other points until the very end.

This challenge calls for a little motivation and organisation, so if you think you have that, I'd love to have you along for the ride!!

Alex!

P.S Here is an example of how a post might look:

Hello everyone!
4 weeks in and I have been working my BUTT off, I nearly DIED in my Step class but I'm feeling fit and fab!!

POINTS TABLE
:!: :!: :D :D :D :twisted:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby Lolly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:43 am

sooooooooo Alex, I usually count housework as a workout, it is hard yakka here, I have 3 kids (2 teens and a 9 year old) and they are disgusting creatures and we save the housework until Saturdays (yes today :( ) and I go at it hammer and tongs and sweat like there is no tomorrow (we live in a hot sticky climate).

Can I get half a point for the housework PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE???
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:36 am

Thanks Alex for thinking this up. I can never get my head around this sort of thing.

Woohoo, I'm down baby! This is my kind of challenge...and just the sort of motivation I need to keep doing my weight training. Have been only doing this once per week recently....what a slacker!!

So we officially start on January 1st? Yayyy can't wait.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby laura » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:10 am

I'm in :P .

I'm doing exercise for 3 weeks but I start to think that gym is addictive :shock: .
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby Lolly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:24 am

laura wrote:but I start to think that gym is addictive .

It is a good addiction hun
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:47 am

im so confused :(
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:11 am

Aww Kate

1 workout = :D and that gets added to a running tally at the bottom of your post. You just need to remember where you are at or put it in your signature (my signature won't fit anything else lol)

If you do 5 workouts in a week you can change the :D :D :D :D :D for 1 :!: which is just a way of making it simpler to count.

If you do a workout where you know you haven't put in the effort you should or you gave up half way through you get a :? for trying which is like a 1/2 point.

If you don't do a workout in a week then you get a :twisted: which will count against you by 3 points at the end of the challenge for each devil face.

So this is an honour system and you are the judge of what you have or haven't done. You work out what you get and add it to your tally.

Does that help a little? Alex let me know if I got it wrong. :o
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:48 am

wow its gunna be a hell of a lot of :!: for me ;) hahahahah thanks for explaining it clearer kim, i am blonde!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:31 pm

No problem Kate! We will all have some fun with this I think. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:28 pm

Alright, let's kick this thing off!

35 mins very brisk walk

Points Tally:
:D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby alex_bilson » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Yes Kim that was a spot on explanation!

Happy New Year everyone!!

And nooooooo housework! I knowI know , it can be good exercise, and I don't mean to be a big mean BULLY, haha, but we have to draw the line sooooomewhere!

Because I am a waitress, sometimes I spend 6 hours running around... it is great exercise but I don't count it as a workout. I also work in Dan Murphys, big liquore store, and it involves a lot of heavy lifting and fast stacking etc, but still it's not a 'workout'.

For tafe I also had to walk for 40 mins each tafe day from car to train, train to campus etc. As I was usually running late, we're talkin brisk walking!! (Up a hill mind you). But, that still wouldn't even earn me a point... coz I HAD to walk to get to tafe. I wasn't doing it to exercise.

So the point of this challenge is sort of to get butts in gear to make the effort to exercise, for the point of exercise. And to make it a damn good and proper workout.

Housework is exercise of course but like work, it's incedental exercise.

Have to draw the line and say, you can only get points for activities for which one of the main purposes is for exercise. I have to work, and everyone has to clean......

now you can call me a big big bully. haha

P.S Some people can't fit exercise into their schedual as much as others... so this is really a challenge with yourself, not so much against one another :) I thought it would be a good way to record and acknowledge your own exercising efforts :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:44 pm

so do i add the emoticons to my signature or something?
kate_turner2000

Postby laura » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:05 pm

2 x 15 km on the exercise bike
points - :D :D
[/url]
laura

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:06 pm

i did one session on the bike which was 30mins so do i get 1 smiley or two?? !!!
kate_turner2000

Postby laura » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:09 pm

I think it's one :wink: . I did 2 sessions on the bike, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, 15 km, about 30 min each.
[/url]
laura

Next

Return to Challenges