It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

DETOX!!! For those on a detox UNITE FOR SUPPORT!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

DETOX!!! For those on a detox UNITE FOR SUPPORT!

Postby zoeh » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi All

I saw my naturopath today.. been feeling pretty sluggish lately, and she did a Nutrient and Toxic Element Testing Analysis done with equipment which apparently NASA uses and costs about $6,000 and I have decided to go on a detox, no its not some scam that costs lost of $$$, my body is very acidic, I've always had trouble eating a lot of protein and it will help me to eliminate my allergy to yeast which is an allergy that is a pain in the arse!

So tomorrow morning I am starting my detox!!! It goes for SIX WEEKS and I am glad I found this forum for support!!

I dont know if I am blind or what but I couldnt find a topic which is for people who are detoxing.. maybe there are not as many as I thought?

Lets see what happens with the results!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:37 pm

sounds very interesting zoeh, what exactly happens for your body to detox?

Postby zoeh » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:26 pm

this is some information on it, it is a bit much so just skim through it..

The aim of the program is to:

1. Balance the body's pH to ensure efficient internal processes
2. Detox the bowel
3. Heal & repair the bowel.
4. Detox the liver.

An accumulation of acid waste in the body can lead to an excessive amount of bacteria, yeast and fungus (including candida). These "microforms" take advantage of the body's weaker areas, as in an acidic environment they can have free reign to break down tissues and bodily processes. They thriive in acidity and also love the low oxygen leves that come with acidity. They live on our body's glucose which they use for energy. They send their waste products (acids) out into the blood system, as well as inside the cells, further polluting the system. Thee are more than a thousand toxins produced by yeast, fungus and mouled.

Acidity Prevents Weight Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keeping the body alkaline, as opposed to acidic, is fundamental to good health and to maintain healthy weight.

The body will retain fat as a protection against the overproduction of acids produced by the typical Australian diet. Some of these acids are elminated by the bowels, urinary tract and skin, but whatever is left must be buffered, or neutralised.

To treat the bowel for an overgrowth of bacteria and other possible micro-organism overgrowth such as yeast and parasites the six week challenge consists of:

Step 1 - 1-5 days Flushing the breeding ground:
Colon Cleanse
Taking a 'colon cleanse' which contains maganesium oxide.
This product aids in the cleansing of the bowel. It absorbs water and oxygen to the area allowing the walls to be cleaned. Bowel motions should be loose and frequent minimum 3 times a day.

Step 2 - 6-15 days Kill the Overgrowth:
Taking a tablet 2 caps 2 times a day
This product is anti-bacterial, anti0fungal and anti-parasitic to assist the removal of any detrimental bacteria, parasites and yeast overgrowth in the bowel.

Day 15/16
Urinary Indicans Test
This test determines whether there is still an overgrowth of bacteria in the bowel.
If the test is negative there is no more overgrowth and you are ready to move onto the next stage of the detox.
If the test is positive then you need to continue with another course of Parex or Intestaclear and re-test your urine again.

Step 3 - 2 weeks
Replace the bad bugs with good buys using probiotics
Heal and repair the lining of the digestive system utilising key ingredient glutamine.

Step 4 - 2-4 weeks
Detox maintenace

Breads, biscuits, cakes, muffins, pasties etc made from wheat or gluten or rye. Oats, wheat or semolina-based pasta.
All foods containing yeast, make sure spelt bread is yeast free

(I'm allergic to wheat and yeast so this one is fine for me)

Alcohol, fruit drink, soft drink, cordials, tea (can have herbal tea without sugar or caffine), coffee, any form of caffeine, dairy milk, malt.

Sugar, articifical sweeteners, malt, honey, frutose, lactose, anything fermented, vinegar, soy sauce, tamari, tomato suce, MSG, mustard, mayonnaise, shoyu, worcestershire sauce, margarine, butter and all commercial spreads, vegemite, jam etc, pickled vegetables, relish, pickles, sauerkraut, chocolate

All dairy forbidden during detox due to milk sugar, ice-cream, cheese, milk, yoghurt, cream, butter, milk powders, whey, buttermilk.

All fruit is forbidden as they contain sugar which feeds the bad bugs in the gut, especially yeast. Only allowed to have low sugar and alkaline fruits such as lemon, lime and grapefruit.
No shellfish, salami, processed meats, ham, pork, bacan.

No peanuts.

No corn, sweet corn, sweet potato, potato, no mushrooms as they are fungi, avoid fermented foods including miso and tempeh.

this is going to be a challenge!!!!!!!!

Pumpkin seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, brazil nuts, hazel nuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, walnuts

grasses eg barley grass, sprouts, cucumber, sea vegetables, parsley, kale, avocado, green beans, spinach, lettuce, capsicum, broccoli, endive, eggplant, brussel sprouts, asparagus, artichoke, cauliflower, zucchini, leek, watercress, asian greens, freshwater fish, ocean fish, (not farm raised fish), beef, chicken, poultry, eggs, tofu, lime, lemon, grapefruit, coconut, tomato, lima beans, white navy beans, soybeans, lentils, quinoa, buckwhear, spelt, chickpeas, kidney beans, millet, amaranth, turnip, soy milk, cashews, good fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, evening primrose, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, corn oil

small amounts of rice on occasion

it comes with a booklet of recipes and stuff

Yeah so tough six weeks ahead!!

Postby Simmy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Wow - that sounds like hard work! Not to mention much more involved than the other conventional detox's! Good luck, and keep us informed on how it goes!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:57 pm

whew- glad i saw th cashews in there ;) :lol: :lol:

definately sounds interesting zoeh- i bet you will feel so great after the detox :)

Postby Groovychic » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:45 am

Hahaha Kate.....those damn cashews!!! :lol:

Nup there is no way I could do that. I'd have to eat at least fruit. The carbs I could make myself not eat but man I'd want dairy and fruit. Good luck with it all zoeh.

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby zoeh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Ok so tonight I had my colon cleanse powder and am going to sleep tomorrow I should be needing the toilet quite a bit... a little scared but spending the day at home....

How I am feeling today...

A little hungry
A little tired (but that could be the heat, its been so hard to sleep in Melbourne lately, so humid and 40 degree days so I am a bit behind in my sleep anyway).

But skin is glowing after 1 day

I dont think I can work out as much as I do while I am detoxing, I might just walk a bit more instead of pushing myself hard at the gym/dancing

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Day 2:

First half of the day I spent in bed feeling like I was suffering from nausea like symptoms and had a headache

Drank 2 litres of water, had a snooze and woke up feeling fantastic and went to the gym

2 days down 5 weeks 5 days to go!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:34 pm

love reading the updates zoeh :) stick with it mate!

Postby zoeh » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Ah well I know why I had symptoms of neusea - I had a virus!!! Probably why I felt crap in the first place and what made me want to do a detox!!

I had a viral form of gastro it hit me so hard Sunday night - I was throwing up for 4 hours!! Housemates called a doctor out to see me because I had no idea what was wrong - he gave me a shot and I couldnt eat anything but rice cakes and dry toast for 2 days.

So back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

Now I am KNOW my system is screwed up and is in need for a good cleanse!!! Plus throwing up so much has made me nervous to eat bad foods and drink any alcohol so better do the detox while I feel too scared to eat and drink things that are bad for me anyway!

So tomorrow we begin again....

Second time lucky!!

Stupid body, I am so angry with my stomach!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:57 pm

ewww feel better soon k zoeh rest and lots of water

Postby zoeh » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks Kate!

Postby zoeh » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Started second stage of the detox today - intestaclear tablets

feeling good

not sure if it is working properly - the first week i was supposed to be needing to go to the loo quite a bit and i didnt find that AT ALL

maybe having that virus screwed my body around? Hope not because it will prolong my detox!!

Postby zoeh » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 pm

i stuffed my detox i had two glasses of wine and some chocolate so its pretty much screwed now...

I find it so hard not to eat that piece of chocolate or drink that wine when I'm feeling a bit lonely.

GUESS this topic should now be <<closed>>

Thanks for your support guys though!!! :D

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:16 pm

dont stop!!!! thats not the attitude we like around here :P get back on your wagon and continue with your detox, u may have had one little mistake but surely continuing would still be good for u, especially compared to if u just give up that wont do u any good at all!

we need dollys boot!! quick its an emergency :P

Return to Challenges