It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Possible location for NEXT kilometres challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Possible location for NEXT kilometres challenge

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:21 pm

I have really enjoyed the Adelaide to Darwin KMs challenge...a great motivator to get my bottom out of bed in the morning. My only gripe is that when I try to imagine where I'm supposed to be walking it's too damned hot.

In case I miss the end of the current challenge (one of you cyclists will finish it off while I'm not looking I'm sure :)) I thought I'd put in a vote for where we could go for our next challenge...and I was thinking about somewhere lovely and cool with zero humidity

How about we walk from Mawson Station in Antarctica to McMurdo Station in Antarctica? It'll be cool (ok COLD) but dry (Antarctica is considered a desert as there is no rain). This map shows both stations (Mawson is on the right near the top, McMurdo is on the bottom in the middle) http://www.antarcticconnection.com/antarctic/stations/index.shtml

This site has great info about Antarctica http://www.coolantarctica.com/index.html

It was hard to find an exact distance between the two stations (or between any other two points down there) due to the pesky mountains and icebergs but the around 4200kms seemed to be about right (I will do some more research before we set off on our journey if we decide to go for this route)
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Lolly » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Great idea there Mary.................... I will get out my mountain boots and beanie for this challenge :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Fluffy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi Mary,

I love it - let's do it!

I am with you, it's been a great motivator for me to record what I have been doing. I love the fact that you have put so much effort into researching what our next challenge could be - that is so fantastic of you!
Fluffy

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Count me in Mary, thanks for going into that and for coming up with a fantastic idea. We have the whole world to walk in so why not. We might even get to see some of those georgeous Emperor Penguins along the way.

Well done!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Challenges