It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

My Short Term Goal

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My Short Term Goal

Postby emma21 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 am

Hey Everyone :)

I am setting a short term goal for myself....

To be 100kg (pre pregnancy weight) or under by my birthday - June 12..

Should be easy :shock: 7.5kg to go..

Having said that though, there are a couple of family functions and a two week trip to Melbourne before my birthday but I am very determined :twisted:

To help achieve this goal, I will be:
:arrow: Continuing to track what I eat
:arrow: Walking approx 5km x 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - weather permitting)
:arrow: Doing the 2 mile Walk away the pounds DVD x 3 times a week (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday)
:arrow: Doing some toning exercises

(Exercise wise - some people say to have a rest day, but I dont think its too much to ask to take out half an hour or an hour to do some exercise)

To be really honest, I am sick of being the fat girl in the room. I want to be fit and healthy for my kids. I dont want my weight to hold me back anymore. This is my year for some serious weight loss!!!!!! No more half-ar*ed efforts :D

I will update here as often as I can with what I am eating and how my exercising is going etc

Wish me luck lol :lol:
emma21

Postby catclawz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Good Luck!!

I think short term goals are a great idea to help keep you motivated towards the end result. I have not set my goal so high so that it seems unattainable and so far away.

All the best getting through the family functions.. i know how hard they can be.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKGbOOn/]
[/url]
catclawz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 pm

sounds like you have made some great decisions there emma. i am looking forward to seeing you reach your goal. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Good on you Emma and all the best.

With exercise and resting, listen to your body and it will tell you when you need a rest. I could walk 7 days a week and not require a rest but if I do more intense workouts then a rest does help. Also for strength exercises (resistance, toning) you should always let the muscle group worked have at least one days rest before being worked again.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby emma21 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:29 pm

Progress So Far:

Exercise:
:arrow: Sunday: 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds Dvd
:arrow: Monday: 6km walk - took about 1.5 hours pushing 2 kiddies in the pram
:arrow: Tuesday: 5.3 km walk - took about 1 hour 15 mins pushing 2 kiddies in the pram

Food:
:arrow: Tracked everyday - had part of a garlic twist today, which I didnt really want, but ate anyway. I'm not going to punish myself for it because my kJ and fat counts for today are way under what I am allowed (which is currently at 7325kJ and 35g of Fat)

I am feeling really tired, but will keep going cos I am seeing results and I like seeing results :lol:
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:37 pm

nice going em... im enjoying reading this!!
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Another Update :)

Exercise:
:arrow: Wednesday: 2 mile Dvd and a 30 min walk home from TAFE
:arrow: Today: Havent exercised yet.. am getting this flu thing that my partner is just starting to get over - feel as flat as a tack and dont think I would have had the energy to push two kiddies in a pram - so will do the 2 mile Dvd tonight - if my energy picks up.

So far I am enjoying my walks. But I don't feel as though I am being pushed far enough. Would it be more beneficial to say cut my walks back to about half an hour and do the 2 mile or 3 mile dvd instead of an hour or so walk? And should I be exercising if this flu thing progresses? The other half thinks not :?

Food:
:arrow: Still continuing to track. Had Wonton Soup for Dinner last night. Wasnt sure of the kJ and Fat content. However, had more than 3000 kJ and 20g of Fat left after Breakfast and Lunch yesterday so I should be more than okay. (Why cant all food places supply nutrional information for the food that they sell?!)

Today my sister came over and brought with her a Pie for her lunch. After she had eaten it, I told her that it probably had over 20g of fat in it. She kinda shrugged her shoulders and I told her that most days that amount is close to my total fat count for the day. She was very shocked. Not that my sister needs to go on a diet or really watch what she eats - she's nearly a stick :shock: But I like making people aware of these things lol
Last edited by emma21 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:30 pm

hey emma it is surprising to know all the nutritional value of things like that. even if i was stick thin id want to be more aware of it because it could affect my health in other ways not just weight wise.

just take it easy with your exercise if you arent well. you dont want to over exert yourself. maybe do some weights push ups and squats instead of going for a walk.
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:34 am

Okay, so the first week is over lol

Exercise:

Exercise wise was pretty good - exercised everyday except thursday when I was feeling flat.

:arrow: Instead of a 5km walk on Friday I did the 2 mile dvd, then walked into town, walked around town, walked home (had lunch) then quickly walked to the bus stop (I had 5 mins to catch the bus!). Didnt stop all day which was good.
:arrow: Up until just before 9pm last night I hadnt exercised yesterday. I knew I would regret it if I didnt, so once the kiddies finally got to sleep, I did the 2 mile dvd.

Food:

:arrow: Food wise was pretty good as well. We had take away twice this week :oops: but it well and truly fitted in with my kJ and fat counts on those days. Tracked all week - so all is good.

Had a 1.5kg loss this week which I am pretty happy about. I secretly wanted this to be a 1.8kg loss because then I would have lost 10kg all up but not to worry :)

Changing exercise a bit this week though. I feel that just walking on its own isnt really doing much at all (except for maybe getting me out of the house for an hour) so I am going to change this to:

:arrow: Walking 30 mins (not sure of km's at the moment -maybe about 2.5?) on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
:arrow: Doing the 2 mile dvd everyday
:arrow: 20 minutes a day on the exercise bike - while watching tv

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiDqAou/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 am

doing a great job there emma. i enjoyed reading that and seeing how you went last week :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 pm

Keep it up Emma - you're doing great!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby emma21 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:13 pm

emma21

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:15 pm

Well done on the 1.5kg loss - that's a fantastic effort!
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi emma, hope you're feeling much better after your fluey thing last week? I am also enjoying reading about your progress. Congrats the 1.5kg weightloss. Don't worry about those extra 300gms - you'll hit the 10kg mark this week for sure. Your kids must be loving the exercise, getting out into the fresh air with you.

If you don't feel like the walking is quite cutting it for you, consider the Couch to 5km running program. If you're walking for an hour plus WITH the pusher and 2 kids AND not feeling tired, I reckon you'd be able to give this program a go, even with a pusher!

As for exercising while you're sick - I'd say it's a personal choice. Sometimes, for me, working up a sweat is a great way to combat the tiredness and lethargy. I always feel better afterwards, but it's always harder to put the exercise clothes on and to get out the door than it is to do the exercise.

When I lived in South Korea, I used to get sick on a fortnightly or at least monthly basis - so polluted and so many new bugs my system had no immunity to - anyway, when I felt yet another cold coming on, I would drink a small bottle of soju - it's 'Korean vodka' though only half the strength and I swear it killed ANY bugs in my system! Gawd knows what was in it - fermented boots and spare car parts or something, but it was a great for medicinal purposes :P and cheap at about $3 a bottle :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby emma21 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Thanks for the link Milkyway :)

I think I want to lose some more weight first before I start on the program. Probably sounds slack but I get all self conscious when I jog cos things start to jiggle :lol:
emma21

Next

Return to Challenges