It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

My Short Term Goal

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Hey Emma you are doing a great job here and congrats on the loss. It really is worth the effort.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby emma21 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:40 am

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement :wink:

Just a quick update about today cos I am still awake :roll:

Did the 2 mile dvd this morning. The last couple of times that I have done it I have been sweating heaps and feeling like that I have actually exercised - must be doing it with more intensity 8)

Tonight the other half finally moved my exercise bike outta the shed and into the lounge room so I basically jumped straight on. Last time I used it was over 12 months ago and I used to be able to do 20 mins (about 12 kms from memory). Tonight I was stuffed after about 5 mins lol. I persevered until I got to 10 mins, had a 5 minute break, then back on for another 10 mins. 9km all up. I think I will be working my way back up to a constant 20 mins :shock:

Food wise was great. Stuck to my plan other than 1 extra coffee and a 600ml bottle of coke zero. Am finding that I am not going hungry during the day but I need to plan ahead what I am eating otherwise I just eat crap. (It makes me wonder if I will have to plan/track food for the rest of my life lol).
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:29 pm

doing so well emma- i can see that you are noticing the differences in yourself already :)
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 am

Still going strong :D

Food intake is going great... So is exercise.. I'm even feeling 'lighter' when I walk.

Took a walk into town yesterday morning and slowwwwly walked around town for about 2 hours. Have no idea how much I would have covered but the way I look at it - any time I'm not sitting on my bum and I'm moving around instead has gotta be good regardless of how fast I am walking. Came home and did what I had to do and left the rest of my exercise until late afternoon. Did the 2 mile followed by 20 mins on the exercise bike (9.5km). Exercise bike was so much easier because I had warmed my legs up doing the 2 mile dvd.

Woke up just after 6 this morning. Kiddies were still asleep so I took advantage and got all my exercise done and out the way (2 Mile and 20 mins on bike). Going for a walk at lunch time to meet up with my sister.

Feeling pretty damn good!

:D
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:08 pm

good on ya emma. you are right as long as you are moving you are working on losing that weight.
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:17 am

I need a kick in the bum!

Although I managed to lose 1.3kg this week - I only exercised 3 days out of 7! I have been feeling so slack - exercising went to the bottom of the list :?

Food was good though. I dont seem to have a problem with food if I write down what I am going to eat the next day and work out the kJ and fat values. Been wayyyyyy under on the fat count but that cant be a bad thing.

I've been doing my measurements fortnightly since I restarted my weightloss journey 10 weeks ago. 61cm gone! This week was also the first week that I have only weighed myself on my weigh in day. Usually I weigh myself a couple of times a week - but it was playing with my head. So now I'll only weigh myself once a week.

Goal for the week: To exercise at least 5 days out of 7.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wljIxNr/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm

its great to see you re evaluating week to week emma. you need to fine what works for you and what doesnt. i enjoy reading your progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sun May 06, 2007 2:29 pm

This week has been pretty good...

I didnt reach my goal of exercising five days out of 7 - got to 4 but I have been ill (damn food poisoning!)

Eating has been good. I have noticed that I pick things up at the shops that I can fit into my eating plan but by the time I get to the check out I have decided that I dont need them (why waste kJs on crap when I can eat something more substantial and feel satisfied for longer?) Being sick, I skipped breakfast once but still managed to make healthy choices through out the day.

I seriously do not know how I managed to lose 1.7kg this week. Like I said on another post, I am not excessively exercising and I am not starving myself. Every week I step on the scales I am expecting to have put on because I dont believe that I have lost what the scales said the week before.

When I lost weight before I fell pregnant for the second time, it took me about 6 months to lose 15kg. This time it has taken me 11 weeks to lose 12.7kg. I am in a better frame of mind this time and am more aware of my eating than last time, but I keep expecting to jump on the scales one day and for them to say that I have only lost 5kg or something. :?

I seem to be losing weight from my face, arms and upper body at the moment. Wish it was from my thighs, bum and stomach/apron :shock: I need some pants to fit me lol

Going to Melbourne in just over a week :) It's going to be food temptation city down there :twisted:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEUE05W/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby emma21 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 pm

I didnt go as bad as I thought I would in Melbourne. We did eat out a lot but I must have made some good choices because I managed to lose 2kg while I was there. Did a lot of walking around different places (especially shops :roll: ).

Started a detox on Tuesday as I still feel blahhhhh. Its the 4,3,2,1 program but the capsules not the liquid.

Also decided it was about time I started doing some of the goals that I set out for myself this year, one of which was to do the 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile all in one day - did that yesterday. Not in a row though, I spread it out throughout the day.

And according to the scales on Monday, I have 0.5kg to go til I get to my birthday goal - and my birthday isnt until the 12th of June :D

I have even avoided going to the local show because I know I would have stuffed myself on dagwood dogs, fairy floss and other showtime cuisine lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3TjbNo/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:32 pm

nice going emma. you lost weight whilst you were away and you are back at it once you are home again. you should be stoked!

kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:02 am

Awww I used to love the Flintstones when I was a kid lol - Thanks :D

Had weigh in this morning - 99.6kg!

Doesnt mean I'm about to go and get a Big Mac though for reaching my birthday goal :lol: I still have a week to go and I will be stoked if I can lose at least another kilo by then :D

Still on my detox - though I dont think it is doing anything too exciting. Still feeling sluggish and constantly tired no matter what time I go to bed or how much sleep I get. I guess thats the joys of having two small children :wink:

Goal for the week: Exercise more than twice lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL0v9fy/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:14 pm

well done on the double digits emma :) i bet you feel stoked :) as for the two young kids... when i went to my dr to discuss my lethargy he said a lot of it comes from having a little one running around. it really is a 24 hour a day job ! and you have double the fun with 2!

kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 pm

Wow! Congrats Emma - well done on getting into the double digits. I bet that feels fabulous :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby emma21 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:18 am

My short term challenge has come to an end :)

Did my weigh in this morning and lost 1.4kg :D

Brings me down to 98.2kg and 1.8kg past my short term goal.

Feeling pretty good right now!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzTDLas/]
[/url]
emma21

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:12 am

That's awesome, Emma.

Do you have a new short-term goal? You could always join our 12 week challenge. We're only into week 2...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges