It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Free Newsletter

My Goal & Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My Goal & Challenge

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:35 pm

I have started my first goal which has been the biggest AND the hardest as I’m addicted to it.... that word COKE *evil evil*

I watched Dr Phil and there was a 23 yo girl on there who drank as much coke as me.. AND when he said how much one can loose from just quitting coke i was like that's IT I’m doing it!! OK in small doses..

I started when i signed up here BUT *shamefully* broke it just 8 days ago... I have decided to make it a short term goal as IT is the hardest for me to quit!

I have decided that for 30 days if I can not have a sip or this stuff i would award myself with something But I haven’t decided what yet.. as I seem to be hang on by threads!!!

Today for example I ALMOST and I can say I dunno how I'm coping to cope for the night.. I drove around the block 4 times and decided nope going home not stopping to get any.. but I'm pushing to do this for myself.

In addition I’ve also now put myself in for a dietitian AND a walking machine for home when it rains.. paying for something might get me working out more.. we hope

So there is my first and HARDEST goal if I can go without coke for a month then I can give up sugars too..

OH one success I’ve started drinking water.. YAY I get through between 3 glasses to 1.5 litres a day.. which for me is a HUGE step as I never drank water – hate the stuff!

BUT I'm NOT giving up!
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 pm

doing well so far maxx, remember you can come here when you have cravings for things and we can chat you through it! i never liked water before either. i only touched it to take panadol or when brushing my teeth! lol. now i drink at least 2 litres a day. i used to go through a case of coke in a couple of days. you can get through it maxx.
kate_turner2000

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks Kate just drinking water at the moment to try to get my shakes AND mind OFF the darn stuff.

I used to drink a case a day or more IF i could find more so it's not fun now.. BUT saying that once i get get over this day I have another week to work on and before i know it will be 30 days.. i'm looking forward to it!
Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 pm

forgot to add i'm goign to sydney soon so maybe we could meet up will be great boost for both i think
Maxx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 pm

we have a few members in sydney maybe we could all meet up :) i am about 2 hours north of sydney itself
kate_turner2000

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:40 pm

YEAHHH i was just thinking that too I will keep you all poseted as to when i am coming to sydney AS i'm also making my way up to QLD while i'm on the track up there!

this would be great!
Maxx

Postby slimmindown » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:57 pm

maxx i used to drink coke far to much , and gave up cold turkey. I started off by drinking soda water with or without a dash of diet cordial. It still gives you the bubbles but is way better for you. if you have a severe craving maybe this may be an alternative to coke. It worked for me. i know have the odd can of pepsi max, no sugar and a great taste :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:02 pm

yeah i find that if i do have coke now on special occasions or whatever ( i dont drink alcohol so thats my vice) i have a coke zero- same taste but it doesnt make me feel sick to the stomach like normal coke does now
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:01 am

I drink coke zero, my problem is that my husband is a coke addict & constantly has it in the house. He hate's the taste of water it makes him sick.
Chelle

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Thanks Guys.. Slimmingdown i will have to try that method.. i have had diet cordial in water coz i loath the taste of IT but put my foot down and said no more.. water is 75% of my body i need it and I’m not going to spoil it with sugars.. or artificial additives... when it's probably got enough of that in it already.

As you would of read in my confessions I did break it last night and am paying for it BIG time! I haven’t stopped spewing for hours no fun I can tell you.

I did give up smoking over a year ago cold turkey I think I can do this too.. sadly in my family EVERYONE is a coke drinker except for my mum who’s a diabetic.. so drinking coke is like a family do… but I have to throw it out… I'm addicted to the stuff which is worse! Trying cold turkey have gone from 4 days now to 7 and now back to beginning..

Chelle I know that one I can’t stand the taste of Zero it’s horrible sorry and Pepsi oh ok thought it had just as much sugar is coke.. I don’t mind the taste of Pepsi but really only like Pepsi max.?? might have to look into that one BUT that’s defeating the purpose I want to reduce the sugar intake I'm having and drink more water

I think best is to just chuck the buggers out of my life And carry a water bottle with me all the time! Fingers crossed and thank you for your advice!
Maxx

Return to Challenges