It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:02 am

Free Newsletter

$5 Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

$5 Challenge

Postby MickeyB » Wed May 23, 2007 2:08 pm

I have set up a challenge for me and hubby, he needs to lose about the same as me now, and it's been working well so far this week and keeping me motivated every morning.

I like a bit of healthy competition, so it works well for me to do it with hubby who is right there, but I think it would work just as well doing it on my own.

Basically, we have a chart on the fridge, list of days down one side and a column each to record our daily weight each morning.

It's a $5 for 1kg challenge, in which everytime each of us reaches the 1kg lost mark we put $5 in a bag that is attached the chart. Whoever reaches 5kg lost first gets to take whatever money is in the bag and go and spend it on just themselves. So if we're neck and neck there could be about $50 in there, and there'll be a minimum of $25.

The good thing is that by checking in with each other every day we are being accountable to each other every day.

I just thought I would put this idea out there if anyone else wanted to use it for themselves or even join in with me as I think it's something that can really work and be a bit of fun with a guaranteed reward at the end.
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby Jisgone » Wed May 23, 2007 2:33 pm

thats a great idea, my bf is a very competitive person so maybe i could talk him into doing it! only thing is he refuses to let me see how much he weighs so he could cheat :P
i can already imagine all the wonderful things i could spend $50 on
Jisgone

Postby Chelle » Wed May 23, 2007 4:18 pm

That a great idea. It will deffinatly keep you motivated to lose weight. Let us know who won!!!
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:19 pm

best wishes for that mic. should keep things interesting in your household. i should do something like that but with my fiance putting on a kilo instead of losing it. he is a skinny minny
kate_turner2000

Postby Leishkin » Thu May 24, 2007 1:26 pm

ooh i love it! if only my boy was overweight! hahaha. maybe I can challenge him to something else. or maybe it can just be for me, and he can keep track of the money for me. hehe.
Leishkin

Postby MickeyB » Thu May 24, 2007 2:49 pm

LOL Kate, my hubby used tobe all skin and bones but as he's gotten older his metabolism has slowed down but his eating didn't so he's got a bit of a beer belly now :wink:

It's good because we both need to lose roughly the same amount of weight at the moment, although it's easier for men to lose he hasn't seen the 80's for a good couple of years, but he's getting close now. He was carrying on last night about how much he was going to win the challenge, it was funny, but built up that determination not to lose!!

So far I've gone from 86.5 on Monday to 84.4 today, so $10 from me in the bag, and he's gone from 91.7 to 90.4, so $5 from him in the bag. It's great to see it building up, and although $15 in one week was a bit of a stretch for us :shock: hopefully over the next few weeks we'll settle into actual fat loss instead of fluid loss and the challenge will continue on a little longer, although I'd love for it to just heading downwards for both of us.

Mic
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby Chelle » Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Keep up the good work, well done for the weight loss mickeyb
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:59 pm

hey mic thats great that you are already getting a bit of money :) makes things interesting and motivating thats for sure :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Challenges