It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 am

Free Newsletter

My No Binge Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My No Binge Challenge

Postby molligrub » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just new to this forum. I introduced myself over in the introductions page, but here is a brief background to me. 164cm tall, female, current weight about 57kg, 24y.o. I am definitely not overweight, but I am carrying more bodyfat than I would like. I wouldn't mind losing a few kilos just to tone up, but more importantly want to get my eating under control. The minute I feel the slightest hunger pain I freak out and run for the pantry.

My challenge to myself is to limit myself to a set number of calories this week ( I tend to increase my calorie allowance each day until I'm overeating again), to eat only healthy foods, and to NOT BINGE.

So I will allow myself to eat 1400 calories per day PLUS around half of all calories I expend through exercise i.e. if I do a 50km bike ride then I will eat an extra 400 calories.

It will be a challenge for me to actually let myself feel some hunger pains - my stomach has stretched so much from constant bingeing. I will check back here each day and write down how I've gone. I haven't gone more than around 4 days in a row without bingeing for the last few years. :evil:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:22 pm

We are very much alike! I've never gone more than three days without reaching for a block of chocolate! And if I don't get it, I act like i'm dying!!!

One week on and I'm doing ok...I've allowed myself one Freddo Frog a day so I don't feel like I'm missing out...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby molligrub » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Yeah that's exactly what it's like. You must be my food twin or something! I seriously think I am addicted to food, that I will die if a feel hungry and don't eat :lol:. I start off well, limit myself to a set rate, then think "oh, can't go that low I'll feel hungry" or "people will notice I'm not eating much and think I'm strange for dieting". Then I up my intake day by day until I think "dang it, I've eaten too much might as well go the whole hog and binge" scenario.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:58 pm

lol...its so true...I have found though, that the longer I go without eating junk, the more I don't want to stuff it up...The first few days are the hardest but if i feel like eating bad food, I will try and find something else to do...like come on here!!!

I find my hardest times are when there is no one home. I guess that stems from my habit when I lived at home as a teenager eating junk food alone in my bedroom.

Its good to have my partner here cause he always repeats back to me what I say to him.... "my jeans are too tight' "I feel fat!" "I have nothing to wear cause I can't fit into any of my clothes!"

Its nice to have that voice while I am food shopping too although sometimes it gets a bit annoying and I want to throw something at him! I guess its good cause I will make excuses for myself otherwise. God Bless him though...he is very supportive...lol.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:20 pm

hey molli :)

i find that a lot of the time when i think im hungry im really thirsty. try keeping a bottle of water with you at all times. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby molligrub » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:44 am

Okey dokey,

First day a success so far. It was absolutely freezing this morning (chilly 6 degrees which IS cold for CQ!) but I dragged myself out of bed anyway and went for a 30km ride at 6.30, then went to the gym for a half hour of weights. So today I will allow myself 1700 calories.

My biggest battle is not eating at night (I'm on an evening shift at work today) so get home from work late and just want to hit the fridge. So my goal for today is to stick to my calorie allowance, and NOT EAT AFTER DINNER!! I'll see how it turns out.

Cheers, molligrub :D
[/url]

molligrub

Postby molligrub » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Alright, here's how my first day went.

The not eating after dinner thing is out - it's just too long for me from dinner at 6pm to breakfast the next morning, and it's my biggest binge risk time, so I'll allow myself an extra 200 calories for supper. Gives me a bit more incentive to hang out without picking at the fridge. The 1600 cals/day + some for exercise should still allow me to lose weight at a reasonable pace.

Here is what I ate today:

Pre ride: creamed rice (300cals)
Ride 30km
Breakfast: honey almond all bran flakes and full cream milk (refuse to drink low fat stuff - it's not satisfying enough) plus cup of coffee (300)
Gym weights session
Morning Tea: tub of fruit & cup of tea (100)
Lunch: 2 pieces toast & baked beans, coffee, small yoghurt (400)
Afternoon Tea: small muesli bar, le snack cheese & crackers, coffee (200)
Dinner: chicken & veges, diet coke (400)
Supper: small amt curry on two cruskits, tea (200)

Total = 1900 calories.
Day 1 = NO BINGE!!! :D
[/url]

molligrub

Postby molligrub » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Day 2 today and I'm checking in again. I'm already struggling to keep my nose out of the fridge - in fact I had to delete one of my planned snacks because I did so much nibbling I ate those calories straight outta the fridge. Drat. Why is this so hard? I wish I could be one of those people who just aren't interested in food outside of mealtimes. I am drawn to the fridge like a moth to a light!!

At least I'm still on track calorie wise for today. I've had 1500 calories so far, so I've still got some leeway if I feel like I need to have something small for supper.

I hate these first few days. I feel bloated, and like the weight will never come off quickly enough. Then I'm tempted to starve myself, until I tell myself that I won't do that anymore because that doesn't work either - just stuffs up the body big time. I think if I can stick to my plan long enough to actually see some progress then it'll be easier.

To make it worse, it's TTOM, so that might account for the dark mood. Haven't really been motivated to exercise after work today, but did manage to take the dog for a 4km walk, so that's something.

Cheers, Molli. :(
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:41 pm

hey molli that ticker is looking great :) keep up the great work
kate_turner2000

Postby Green_Butterfly » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:27 pm

Hi Molli,
I can really relate to your posts, I am very much in the same boat as you too!
I cab eat really well untill dinner time, then I will feel full for about 30 minutes after dinner, then launch into the eating fest! the security guard at the local supermarket thinks i knock off work at 9pm because thats the time i always go in there at night to buy choccy and other naughty things i wouldnt buy during the day! its embarressing, but kind of funny when he asks me how work was and i just say "it was good thanks!" heheh..

you sound like you are doing really well though, i love your ticker, keep it up!!!

Bec

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby molligrub » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:10 pm

Day 3 today and it's been a better day. Started off well by doing a 50k ride, which made me feel pretty good (although it took me the rest of the day to thaw out!).

I have been picking at the fridge a lot less today - I can feel my determination kicking in.

Here's what my food intake was today:

Pre ride: 1 pizza pocket (230cals)
Breakfast: honey-almond all bran flakes and milk, coffee, piece of toast and cheese (430cals)
MT: fruit in jelly, tea (100)
Lunch: 2 pieces toast and baked beans, tub of fruit, coffee (400)
AT: 2 cruskits and peanut butter, 1 tub milo yoghurt, coffee (400)
Dinner: chicken, cheese and veges, mandarin, diet coke (400)
Supper: 1 freddo frog, piece of toast and peanut butter, tea (300)

Total = 2260cals.

I was very proud of myself at work - someone gave me a mini choc bar, and I really wanted it but I broke it in half and gave the big half to a colleague!
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:00 am

good work molli, its choices like that that make a big difference :)
kate_turner2000

Postby molligrub » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:08 pm

Another day over successfully.

Calorie count for today will be around 2400.

Pre-ride: 1 pizza pocket

Ride = 50km

Breakfast: honey-almond all-bran, milk, coffee, piece of toast and peanut butter

Walk = 2.5km

MT = 2 small chocolate brownies, diet coke

Lunch = chicken & veges, cheese, coffee.

AT = 1 milo yoghurt, 1 lesnack cheese & crackers, 1 jelly cup, coffee.

Dinner = mediterranean pasta, tub of fruit, water, small freddo frog.

Post Dinner (bit naughty) = 1/2 sandwich & coffee (work was horrendous, I was starving and I did well to limit myself to that)

Supper = piece of toast and peanut butter.

I'm getting there! It seems like I'm eating an awful lot of food, but I'm always hungry (because of my riding I guess), and I've still lost weight this week so far, so I'll keep going as is.

Loggin off for the night, Molli
[/url]

molligrub

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:37 am

Hi Molligrub. I love your ticker idea! You are going so well, keep up the good work :D

I am exactly the same as you. I'm pretty good during the day, I guess because I'm busy and there's plenty of distractions. But as soon as I eat my last mouthful of dinner in the evening, it's on!! Which is silly really as I have a really good dinner and usually feel kind of full. Some nights I spend the whole night peering into the pantry or the fridge.... sometimes resisting, sometimes picking, and sometimes eating myself silly :oops:

Keeping a journal is an excellent idea. I think it would help to identify the reasons behind it. (Note to self: must try that some time!!). Here's to no more binging - yay :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:38 am

like sarah, i am also enjoying reading how you are going molli, i love the layout of your day to day progress :) keep it up
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Challenges