It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Free Newsletter

My No Binge Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby molligrub » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:50 pm

Well I went out and bought some soy milk today, and shock horror I actually like it - makes coffee taste really good.

Didn't realise just how much I depend on dairy until I don't have it - so used to having cheese on this or that, yoghurt, cream, etc. I've had to be a bit more creative today.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 pm

Wow, you got the soy milk to stay in the coffee! I cannot, for whatever reason, get soy milk to mix in with coffee (instant coffee that is). It always curdles - yuck :?

I have started eating a little bit of dairy (yoghurt and cheese, not milk) after not having had it for a very long time. Have to say, it doesn't make me feel super fantastic...

Hope it goes well for you :D
SarahC

Postby isolde » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:34 am

there is only one brand of soy milk I like and it is just amazing.. it is so creamy especially with porridge.. it comes in organic and iron and calcium added.. it is called pureharvest natures own and it is just amazing.. I never could drink any soy milk until i found this one.. it is better in tea than regular milk..

to be honest i've never tried it with coffee though..
nehmen-forum.com/diet/tickerd/showimg-pharaoP_1schlangeP_111,7_111,7_65_abs.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7zZThc/]
[/url]
isolde

Postby molligrub » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:06 am

I'm trying a couple of different ones - the one I like is vitasoy with fibre and calcium.

I definately felt less bloated last night, so hopefully I might have found the answer.

Weight 55.6kg this morning, which is a loss of 0.1kg (pretty good considering I had a couple of binges this week!).
[/url]

molligrub

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:56 pm

moligrub I was off dairy for a while, and I found the same thing, I was much less bloated on soy milk...Im glad you have found one you like :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Dee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:00 pm

There is one brand of soy milk you can buy that doesn't curdle in coffee but I always forget which one it is and end up buying a completely different brand.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby molligrub » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:27 am

Gosh I am having a disastrous time - went over my friend's yesterday, and she fed me all these naughty naughty things the entire day, so needless to say things went out the window AGAIN. I always feel too guilty to refuse when someone offers me something naughty that they've cooked especially for me. :?

I am feeling really disheartened with things, am seriously lacking in motivation at the moment.

I just wonder if this weight is ever going to come off and stay off. Didn't weight myself this morning - too scared too.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:11 am

hey molli i find that as scary as it is you should continue to weigh yourself and put it down to a bad week. you have been good most of the week so i think you will be surprised :)

it is hard to say no at first but it will get easier. or even have small servings of things.
kate_turner2000

Postby molligrub » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:04 am

Had a pretty good day yesterday - but couldn't post until this morning because my computer went kaput.

Ate about 2100 cals yesterday, plus went for a 2.5km walk PLUS went for a 77km ride!!! Haven't been for a ride that big for ages. Went with a little group, and we had a blast. Stopped for coffee and yummies on the way home, and I allowed myself a little jam donut as a treat. MMMMM.

Weight is at 56kg this morning, but after a really big ride like that I usually get fluid retention for a few days anyway. But I was very proud of myself!

Hopefully today is as good.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 am

hey molli hope your computer is fine now!!? well done on your weekend, im sure your body will be thanking you for it this week :) i really want one of those donaut making machines that you can get but i know i wont be able to stop at one :roll:
kate_turner2000

Postby molligrub » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:26 am

Hi, Kate, how are ya doin? Yes, my computer seems to be recovered at the moment - I think the modem overheated yesterday from being left on too long!! :lol:

Molli.

PS - yes, donuts are very moreish aren't they!!
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:32 am

im doing ok thanks molli :) glad to hear your comp is better we would be lost without your posts!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:01 pm

mmm... donut...

Hey Molli - the ride sounds fab! It's great when you can do something like that with others. I know I enjoy doing long distance stuff with other people, otherwise I get too bored on my own.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby molligrub » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey Everyone,

Things are not going so well from me on the diet front at the moment. :cry: :cry:

I am really struggling. I have lapsed back into the binging cycle well and truly. I am having trouble with my willpower! Every day I start off with good intentions, but by the end of the day my resolve weakens, then I just "have a little bit", then I can't seem to stop.

I know exactly why I binge - I feel like I'm missing out on things, so I sample some yummy food, then lose track of how much I've eaten, feel full, panic, then think "well I've blown it anyway may as well go the whole hog".

I am also really scared of other people knowing that I'm on a diet. Like at work, if colleagues offer me a choc, and I say "no thanks", they'll say "what?, why are you saying no?" When I explain that I am trying to eat healthily (note I don't tell them I'm on a diet), they get in a big huff, and go off at me, saying that "what are you worried about, you're skinny anyway, not like us big people", and make me feel really bad about it. Or they'll say "you're not on a diet are you?" And they just keep harping on and on about it until I eat it just to get them off my back.

I never bring up my weight or the fact that I'm dieting, so I don't know why they want to make me feel so bad about it when I'm not even rubbing it in their faces. And it shouldn't be like that. It's as if they're trying to prove to themselves that they're stronger than me. I shouldn't be made to feel compelled to eat in order to please other people.

I know that the more weight someone has to lose the harder it is, but just because I'm normal weight doesn't mean that I don't struggle every single minute of every single day with my weight and eating, and trying to keep things under control so I can live a healthy happy life and not be ruled by worrying "when will be the next time I slip up and binge, and what damage is it going to do?". And those last few kilos are hell to shift.

Sorry for the rant, I am just so fed up with things at the moment. Any encouraging comments would be muchly welcomed!! Hugs, Molli.

:oops: :?
[/url]

molligrub

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Hey Molli, i know exactly what you mean about people getting huffy when you say no to food! My boss is so like this! He eats all day long (literally ever hour!) and yes his a big boy, anyway he sometimes really puts pressure on me with comments like 'oh one wont hurt' when in fact it really can, because i go into the whole, 'well ive had one, may as well have the lot'! So, what ive been TRYING to do when offered something is;
1. Drink my water
2. Walk away if i can
3. Say ive just eaten, couldnt fit another thing in
4. Take whatever is offered, say thank you, then throw it away or give it to someone else when i can.

It doesnt always work! Sometimes weightloss is a mental struggle as well. And no you should never have to eat to please other people, in the end its about you and you need to be happy with yourself.

I dont know if any of this is helpful! But its what i do.

Good luck Molli! And dont be too hard on yourself about the binge, just get back into it tomorrow.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges