It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Body for Life 12-week Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Sarah's Body for Life 12-week Challenge

Postby SarahC » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:58 pm

It all starts tomorrow!

I've been a bit lazy and have not as yet determined my exact plan and goals. I was going to work on it while I was away, but I was sick so I vegged out instead :oops:

I will get to writing tomorrow and post my goals and plan very soon, along with my first weigh in which will be tomorrow morning (I don't want to know!!!). So far I have my first day planned and that's it!

I'm also having professional photos taken tomorrow night. How embarassing!!! I'll post them in this thread if I can. I'll also use this thread to post journal entries and updates.

Wish me luck :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 pm

oooh good luck sarah!! let us know how you go, enjoy your professional photos! what a fun thing to get done :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 pm

good luck sarah! can't wait to hear how it goes :)
sassi

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am

Thanks guys! One day down, 83 to go :shock: First victory to report.... my first day of achieving all three of my eating goals!! I think this is the second time that I have achieved all three since setting them like 2 or 3 months ago :lol: Going for all three again today! And I kissed goodbye to 1kg of fluid this morning too 8)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:17 pm

yay !! ciao fluid!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Yes, I'm so glad the fluid has left my body! I was soooo sore, getting dressed in the morning was so painful. 2 kilos went in 2 days!

OK this is embarassing. Here's my wonderful professional before photos. Now, if you look closely, you can see the red mark around my belly where my pants had been all day - ouch!

I should get a chance to post my plan for the next 12 weeks very soon. It's in my head, just not written down yet :roll:

4 days down and only 80 to go. Going alright so far, but still room for improvement. I will get there! Eventually....
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:20 am

omg you look great sarah! snaps to you for getting them done! how did you feel in yourself getting them done? what do you think about the result?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks Kate! I felt a bit funny, as I don't feel so comfortable with that little amount of clothes on at the best of times, let alone when I am feeling so swollen! It is interesting though as I have never actually seen my back like that (apart from twisting and turning in front of the mirror that is haha).

When I look at the pictures though, I don't see fat or thin... I just see results. The result of all my years of overeating and excercising, gaining and losing weight. I've really put my body through the wringer and I think it shows! :(

Anyway it's a starting point. We'll be seeing something a lot better by the end of November!
SarahC

Postby oostevens » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:43 am

not to sound weird but i recon you look great :) i can't wait to look that good!!!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:07 pm

i think over the years all our bodies will show the strain of different experiences sarah :) at least it is a reminder of what we have been through and what we have achieved thus far :)
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:15 pm

I think you look fantastic Sarah :D

Good luck with your challenge.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby SarahC » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 am

I have been very slack in updating this thread :oops: Maybe because I don't have any progress to report :cry:

I haven't really lost any weight, apart from the initial fluid loss, I've been pretty steady at just over 50kg. However, my last body fat measurement was quite a lot lower, under 18% for the first time, which is encouraging. Hopefully when I test again over the weekend it will be similar or lower!!

I am still managing to pick myself silly after dinner, and have had a few fairly major binges, which is NOT a good thing when I'm trying to get some really great results :( Really, nothing has changed on the eating front, and this is the only thing that is stopping me from getting the results that I deserve!

Since I am now half-way through, I will start reporting my progress every week from now on. Better late than never! These are the things I aim to achieve every week:

1. My never-ending quest to achieve all of my eating goals, which were....
* Daily intake at or under 6500kJ (with exception of scheduled high kJ days which are limited to 8500kJ)
* Everything I eat is recorded in my food diary, including "picking", AND it's recorded under the correct day, no cheating!
* No eating overnight!
So, I get a maximum of 3 points per day, and 21 points over the week. So far my highest score has been 14.5 and lowest was about 6. I'm shooting for at least 15 each week for the next 6 weeks.

2. Relaxation! Two parts to this: first is to get to bed before 10pm every night, and the second is to schedule some time each week to do something for myself (eg, body balance/pilates/swiss ball at the gym, a nice bath, relaxation tape, or just watching a good DVD!)

3. I've written out my "new self image" on a bit of paper next to my bed, the intention being that I will read it before going to sleep and again as soon as I wake up. I will start doing this every day from now on!

That'd probably do it. I'm doing really well with cutting back on the alcohol and have had hardly anything to drink. Excercise again is a no-brainer, it all gets done regardless (even now, when I am sick, I still go to the gym!! :roll: )
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:05 pm

hey sarah you didnt mention how your weekend in sydney went? pick up any good advice/tips/suggestions?
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:44 am

Hey Sarah - you're right - you deserve good results :)

You've got some great goals in place - how are you going? I bought the Body for Life book years ago but never got around to doing it. The pictures in it were so inspirational though.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:30 am

Sorry, no good news to report I'm afraid :cry: I've just had the worst week ever! Been home sick for most of the week, and seriously just didn't stop eating the whole time. I haven't felt this down in so long :( And of course my weight is creeping up and up, I'm too afraid to stand on the scales, but last check was around 51kg mark. I checked one morning last week, think it was Friday, and it said 51.8kg. I couldn't help it, I just burst out into tears and couldn't stop. Needless to say, I called in sick again on that day! Crying is bad, but crying first thing in the morning is the absolute pits!!

My mum has offered to pay for me to see a psychologist to get some help with my over eating :shock: I do think I have to do something, especially since it is affecting me at work. I have had to call in sick quite a few times because of some late night binges where I've felt too sick and too upset to go to work the next morning :(

Looks like I might need to concede defeat on this 12 week challenge :cry: Five weeks to go, so I should be able to achieve something... but yeah :roll:

Sorry for the sob story!
SarahC

Next

Return to Challenges