It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:13 am

Free Newsletter

New to this

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

New to this

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to this. I am getting married next year and am trying to get kick started on losing weight. I am a size 14 (just... I squeeze:) am i want to be a comfortable 12. I have joined curves gym and as much as i dont mind the excercise. Its the eating well thats my problem..... where do I start?
Really want to lose it.... just keep breaking
Ashley

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:17 pm

Hey goodluck for the wedding. Try and start the day with brekkie and water then try and eat every 3-4hrs while making sure u eat enough fruit and veg etc. Have fun with curves.
cheers,deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:10 pm

I think it's a good idea to buy a magazine (a non-branded one that's not trying to sell you their own brand of food) and have a read of what they consider healthy eating. Be critical though - don't just take what they say for granted, even if they are an "expert".

I think the simplest way to do it is to a) either avoid snacks or eat several smaller meals per day, b) avoid excess grease and excessively fatty foods, like chips or pastry, c) eat lots of fruit and veggies, d) don't eat heaps of carbohydrates like bread and pasta and cakes.

There's lots of good info around here though, you've come to a good place! :)
rivenriver

Return to Challenges