It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 am

Free Newsletter

i need help or something like that

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

i need help or something like that

Postby frumpy07 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:37 am

:?: :?: Im not sure whats up with me lately... everything seems to be going really well for me- Ive lost 5.5kgs since I joined up here, I exercise reguarly and I eat healthier (and Ive also started seeing someone!) BUT I am eating more chocolate and junk than what I have been and I dont like it, but the thing is I dont realise what Ive done until Ive done it. A couple of weeks ago I was in the right mindset where I was making conscious decisions about what I ate and knew what I put in my mouth was a choice, but lately that train of thought has disappeared. Can anyone please give me some advice on how to get back on track :?: :?:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby Tas » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:40 am

Hi
Maybe it will help if you set yourself small goals - one day say to yourself that you are only allowed a small piece of chocolate and set it aside for when you really need it. The following day say to yourself no chocolate today or maybe even go for a smaller piece. Just set yourself easy to handle, small goals.
I set myself two small mini-flake bars and that is my lot - that is my goal. I usually have them between 3-4pm as that is my salt-or-sweet-time of day.
Give it a go.
Chers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:39 am

Hi Rebekah, I also suffer the same thing. I craved for the iron that was in black the chocolate (I normally don't like dark chocolate) I have just found out I am low on iron again which confirms my craving.

Chocolate chemistry
Like other sweet food, chocolate stimulates the release of endorphins, natural body hormones that generate feelings of pleasure and well-being.

General sweetness aside, there are various chemical elements specific to chocolate that may help to stimulate cravings. In fact, chocolate contains over 300 chemicals and it is not known how all of these affect humans.

Many women report particular chocolate cravings when pre-menstrual. This is possibly because chocolate contains magnesium, a shortage of which can exacerbate pre-menstrual tension. Similar cravings during pregnancy could indicate mild anaemia, which chocolate's iron content may help to cure.

Central nervous stimulants such as caffeine are also present in small amounts, and this has a mild effect on alertness as we know from drinking coffee. Another mild stimulant present in chocolate is theobromine, which also serves to relax the smooth muscles in the linings of the lung.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:57 am

Perhaps try making a rough plan in the morning about what you are going to eat that day. It might make you think more about it when you go for something not on your plan.

Good luck with it,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby frumpy07 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Hmmm the thing is that I am not really craving chocolate or crappy food Im just eating it. I'll take my chicken salad roll and fruit to work but leave the fruit and go out and buy chocolate. :evil:
And the thing is Im not sure how my body works anymore when it comes to menstrual cycles because I may get my period 3-4 times a year because I have the Implanon birth control implant in my arm and that has stopped that for me, but I dont know if I still get the PMS hormone fluctuations etc

Now Im all confused... I just think I need to be more disciplined or something like that.....
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Groovychic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:50 am

I don't know if you would get PMS with the birth control. When I used to be on the pill I used to skip about 2 or 3 periods in a row, which was fine to do according to the doc and I don't think I did suffer from PMT, even when I did have my period. Because the pill supresses the release of the ovum, I don't think you get the hormones like you do on a regular cycle that isn't controlled by the pill. Now that I have had my tubes tied, I do suffer from PMT. I always want to eat chocolate after lunch as well. It is something I used to do when I worked as the shop was just right there!!! Now that I am at home, unless I have some in the house, I have a boiled sweet instead. You can buy those double d(I think they are diabetic) boiled sweets in the grocery store. I just have one of those. I buy the mint ones. You could try buying a packet of those, and having 1 or 2 after lunch. It supresses my sweet cravings. Tho I cant talk this past week. I have eaten so much crap because my nephew has been here. But the next 4 days I am determined not to eat any naughty foods. It will take me that long to get past the sweet cravings. Seems to take a few days of withdrawals!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Conf

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Hello.
I can tell you that I am in the exact situation.

I want to lose weight and i have it in my mind but its like my brain just says yeah right.....next thing i know im standing in the shops buying chocolate and icecream.
And I really hate myself for doing it.
Honestly I think for every person who has managed to lose weight it all started with the decision to do it properly.
For me that trigger hasnt come yet.
you are the one who is in control. (I controlled myself today- said no to macdonalds YAY) :D
Siana
(I know this isnt very helpful just thought id say r not alone)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Groovychic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:41 am

Well done Siana for saying no to Maccas......personally I can say no to Maccas anytime....eeeeewwwww!!!! Hungry Jacks, now that's another matter!!! I'm the same as you Siana, just crave the junk all the time. I had KFC on the weekend. I felt so guilty afterward, that I felt like I wanted to vomit, but then thought now that might make me bulemic. And I don't want to be doing things like that. Can't stand vomitting anyway. But you are right Siana, somthing inside needs to click. My button is half way I think. Sometimes I can be great, other times I am just crapola at trying to control my mouth and what goes into it!!! Apparently it takes 7 days to break a habit. So I am thinking if I can go a week without crap then I am likely to not crave it anymore.......well that is what I am hoping. Except over the next few weeks there is too many things on that will be a temptation. So I think I will need to lock myself in the house for that week and make sure there is nothing tempting around.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Try and remember to only remove one offending food at a time and to replace it with something healthier. If you just give up "crap" that could be anywhere from biscuits at work to literally everything you eat!!! If you say, I'm going to give up chocolate for this week and replace it with dried fruit as a snack. Next week it will be fizzy drinks replaced by water with a little cordial. That way it gives you a concrete goal and it doesn't overwhelm you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:25 pm

There is no really bad food as long as u only have i small bit
i now have 2 peisces of dark chocolate every 2 days and on weekends which usually means a family bbq (or roast when it gets cold ) and we always have dessert instaed of a full slice i take 1 or two teaspoons of one of the families so im ot missing out but not eating the whole slice . It satifies me better that way
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby LadyBug » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:13 pm

Alot of great advice there...

I agree with the point that you dont have to cut out your fav food. Work it into your food for the day.... have a few bits of chocolate every few days.

If you hold back and have NONE then you will cave in and scoff a whole bar to yourself (or is that just me :oops: )

If all esle fails... when you crave something just pop in here and read through al the wonderful suport and advice :)

Oh and and and... when im really craving something i find that chewing on some sugar free gum really helps.

Good luck
xoxo ~Ali

[/url]
LadyBug

Postby Angel » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:25 pm

Rebekah,

Reading your post was just like reading about my past! When I worked, I was trying to lose weight but would find that I couldn't resist slipping into the newsagency near work and buying chocolate or red frogs, oh and snakes - mmmmm.

Perhaps trying some of these might help:
    * list the reasons you want to lose weight, read them before you go to buy chocolate - might just stop you
    * limit the money take to work so you can't afford to buy chocolate etc
    * include a 'treat' in your lunch
    * do people at work know you are trying to lose weight - can they help stop your trips for chocolate?
    *decide on one day that you will allow yourself a chocolate bar or whatever and use that to keep you disciplined - eg. I won't eat chocolate today because I only eat chocolate on Fridays.[list=]

Yeh, you are right, it's all about discipline. Sometimes there is an underlying cause for you eating chocolate or whatever floats your boat, are you upset about something, worried about something???

Hope this helps,
    Angel
[/list]
[/url]
Angel

Postby frumpy07 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 am

I really dont know what the underlying emotion could be. I consider myself to be in a relatively normal state of mind :P and everything seems to be going really well for me..... I saw my ex and his girlfriend recently and its the 1st time I never felt sick :D and I :D have started seeing a new guy... and uni starts today which I am prepared for and as for family and friends there is no dilemma there as well....
I almost think its cause Im just plain old lazy and even when I thought I had had my light bulb moment and found this webpage as part of my hmmm how should I say it.... recovery program? I am just too lazy to keep that frame of mind. So then even though I would have fruit with me I will take the extra 5mins spend extra money and buy some chocolate or whatever and eat it all in one sitting.
I dont want to tell the people that I work with that Im trying to lose weight, because not only do they make a big deal about it and watch what you eat and want to know everything (in a bad way) I personally think its my problem and my business and I dont want to divulge all.
Im going to kickstart again from today (Monday) and I will weigh myself later to update my tickergraph. I will do a week of best behaviour eating and exercising, then I will relax a little and enjoy what will now become my indulgences not meals......

Thanks so much everyone for reading and offering me some advice... Im sure I will have another problem for you to solve in the coming weeks :wink:
-Rebekah*
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:10 am

Rebekah, I totally agree with you, we don't always have to have an emotional reason to enjoy eating fatty food.
Often we eat the stuff because it just tastes so good. The flavour combos and choices of food on offer today is designed to capture our attention to make us want to buy it.

I also think I'll have to have a fresh start on Monday. I was doing so well and almost lost a kilo then I went up north and had a bbq (not that I ate much) but anyway it was enough to make me gain just over a kilo back.
Dolly

Postby Dxenion » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:52 am

I found that my cravings were making me drive out of my way on the way home from work to get Maccas!

I fixed that by not getting any money out on pay day and surrendering my credit card to my Hubby. Now I have no money for impulse buys and as a plus, I'm starting to save a little too.

When it comes to grocery shopping, Hubby now does it so that I don't have the temptation to get something that isn't good for me (oh how I crave crumpets!) . He's also banned me from the kitchen (he reckons it saves on the call out fees from the local fire station) and no longer buys food I don't have the will power to resist when he's not home ie potatoes. He also stopped getting snacks for himself that I find irresistable ie chips, sweet biscuits and lollies cause he knows I can't stay away from them.

Maybe some of these may work for you.
Dxenion

Next

Return to Confessional