It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Is this a really bad idea?

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Is this a really bad idea?

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:25 pm

OK, so NYE is tomorrow. Normally hubby and I go out somewhere and get waaayyyyyyyyy too drunk, but this year we want to have a quiet one. I don't want to be hungover because I want to be able to exercise the next day!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo, what I would LOVE to do is have a bit of a pig out and cuddle up and watch some movies.

My plan is to work my butt off tomorrow. Go hard core at curves, swim afterwards and do something at home too, weights, walk/run, something like that.

What I am dying to eat is pizza! Eagle boys thin base, i'm thinking 4 slices with a choc bar.

Surely this is better than getting plastered and lounging around for the next 2-3 days recovering (yes it takes me that long to recover!) and hopefully all the exercise I will do that day will prevent me from having too much of a gain.

I just want to celebrate in some sort of non alcoholic way.

So what do we think? Terrible idea?
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Fiona - I think it sounds like a grand plan :P

If you're prepared to do the extra exercise to work off the pizza and chockie bar, I say go for it :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Thanks San!

Yes, I will work really hard tomorrow and on Tuesday as I really want to have a good loss next weigh in - I will make myself pay for the binge!!!

Fiona25

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:07 pm

I think because the Xmas/New Year season only happens once a year, Enjoy it!!

And the fact your going to exercise the next day to burn it off all the better!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby matchbox » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:10 pm

i think if you know what you're doing and you're prepared to work it off after - why the hell not!! have fun, enjoy yourself :wink: :D
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:05 pm

Ok...confession time! I started eating junk from lunch time. This morning I went for a 45min walk/run and did a 30min fitness circuit class.

For lunch I decided to get McDonalds. I had a small cheesburger meal. I also had a summer roll, honey log and some lollies. I feel SO sick. God, I feel like crap. Every time I stand up I am dizzy, I feel really hot and faint. I feel like i'm going to throw up.

I'm going to take a raincheck on the pizza now and have some veggies or something healthy.

I think this is going to make my stay clear of junk food VERY easily from now on. Blah, I feel so gross...my poor body :oops:

Fiona25

Postby Rustie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeh i love how the body does that. Be really good for a week and then eat something bad and it makes you pay for it. Sort of sets you back into line

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby JL77 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:01 pm

I agree I think it sounds like a great plan to me... Nothing like waking up with a major hang over and having to do something lol.. Its great your taking control like this
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:01 pm

Sure does Rustie! I am so turned off junk food right now and can't wait until tomorrow for a clean slate of a day :D

I just lounged for 2 hours, drunk another litre of water and had a piece of fruit...feeling a little better.

You know the weird thing is that I suddenly remember that I used to often feel dizzy when I would stand up and now I know that it is diet related!!!

Fiona25

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 pm

I love how the body starts reacting badly to bad food after you've been eating healthy for a while. It's a great reminder not to eat junk!

Good on you for listening to your body, Fiona, and getting back on track so quickly. And congrats on all your exercise. As you've said, this is going to be a great experience in teaching you to avoid junk food.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Confessional