It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 am

Free Newsletter

Food guilt sucks!!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Food guilt sucks!!!

Postby ali76 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 am

Hi everyone....this forum seems to get most of my attention!! :lol:

I had an ok-ish weekend, not as bad as I was anticipating. I worked late on Friday so missed my gym class so made it up on the Saturday morning (surprised even myself!!). I was good during the day but at night we went to a BBQ where I had 3 Vodka Ruski's, 3 sausages in bread (considering I don't eat carbs after 4..???) and some chicken...no salad in sight!

Yesterday we went to the pub for dinner (after 2 fritz and sauce s/w for lunch) and I had a glass of wine but stuck to the diet and had a warm chicken salad - and even asked for the dressing on the side...what's wrong with me?!

Anyway, I got up this morning and could just feel how heavy I was and what a disaster the weekend had been. My tummy was sore and bloated....augh! Against my better judgement I weighed myself....my official weigh in day isn't supposed to be until Wednesday...but I'd lost another half a kilo. I should feel good about this, but I know weight loss and weight gain takes a few days to catch up and the loss is probably just because I worked so hard during the week. I'm worried that when I weigh in on Wednesday, the weekend is going to catch up with me and I'll have put back on.

I have the worst food guilt and it's really getting me down.

I want to lose the weight for a wedding I have on the 23rd Feb...it's my partners cousin who's getting married and the first formal 'family' function of his that I'm going to and I want to look hot.....but I'm really losing motivation and scared if I've put on on Wednesday I'm going to completely fall off the wagon...

Thank you guys for listening...everyone else would think I'm silly...I'm so glad I have you all to trun to!

Ali
xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 pm

It sounds like you didn't do too badly really, Ali! (Snap - that's my real name too, BTW!) The only bad choice I could really see was the Lemon Ruskis and sausages in bread at the BBQ. Is there any way you could have made a healthier choice at the time? If not is there a way to plan for next time so you can avoid a bad choice? Maybe take some low carb beer and your own salad and low fat cuts of meat.

I like to look on slip-ups as a good thing. They give you a chance to find out what your weaknesses are so you can prepare better in future. One day isn't going to ruin your entire future of healthy living.

A drama teacher I had showed us an exercise in getting rid of guilt and stress. Close your eyes. Picture the exact scenario where you went wrong. Feel all those horrible emotions that go along with that situation. Now learn what you can from it. Walk away with the lessons and let go of the guilt. Feel the guilt wash away from you. Start everything afresh and forgive yourself for whatever little thing you did wrong. Once you've learned from the experience you don't need that guilt any more!

And don't take on unnecessary worries! You had a good weigh-in so now you're actively seeking out something to stress about! You may not even have a gain on Wednesday, so there's no point borrowing worries from tomorrow that haven't even happened yet. :D

Hang in there! You can definitely do it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Ali!

You're so right...I should've been stoked weighing myself this morning. I just need to get my mind (and body) back on track...if I do put on when I weigh in on Wednesday, I'll deal with it (not worry about it) then and know I need to be more careful on weekends.

The one thing that annoys me looking back is drinking that alcohol. I only really drank because everyone else was...what am I - 12?! You're right though, I'll learn from it and move on.

The couple who had the BBQ - one is a vegetarian so I thought there'd be salads so I wouldn't pig out but there wasn't. it was eat the sausages or be hungry (stuff that!) but I REALLY didn't need the 3rd one! Again, I'll learn from it :wink:

Anyway - no more excuses!! Stay tuned for the weekly weigh in!

Thanks for your advice and support...I feel much better :P

Ali
x
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

No worries, Ali! I'm actually impressed that you only drank because others were drinking. I wish that were my excuse. I'm usually the one encouraging others to drink :oops:. I wish I were 'only' driven by peer pressure and not my intense love of booze!
It's understandable that you'd think a vegetarian would provide salads. Very odd that they didn't. Hopefully there will be some next time, even if you have to bring them yourself!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Confessional