It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

Impulse at the registers

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Impulse at the registers

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:20 am

I hate the impulse shelves at the supermarkets, well i hate that I cant ignore them. Coming up to easter they all seem to have creme eggs and lindor eggs right on the registers and oooh I've been sooooo naughty eating one EVERY time I go to the shops, It doesnt help that andy keeps offering them to me. I will ask him to stop Offering and im going to STOP buying them.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: Impulse at the registers

Postby Mandie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:56 pm

posted in your thread about this, but why not make it a weekly or fortnightly treat? that way, when you want one, it's not like you're saying NO, NOT EVER, BAD! (negative thoughts!) but you can go YAY, I CAN HAVE ONE ON FRIDAY or monday or whatever day you choose. Once a week it won't hurt your calorie intake, and it can help keep you on track the other days :) just an idea!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 pm

I agree with Mandie on this. The moment you make them forbidden that's all you're going to think about! Better to allow yourself to have one, but within certain constraints. Remind yourself that chocolate is always going to be there. There's no rush in getting to it. Chocolate isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it right now. Just tell yourself that you can have it tomorrow. And keep telling yourself that until your treat day arrives. It should make the cravings easier to manage!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 am

I have the same problem. So much so I deliberately choose lines that DON'T have the chocolates on them (my supermarket has one or 2 that just have chewing gum and magazine type impulse lines rather than chocolate)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby leeni.s2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 pm

working in a supermarket at the checkouts is the worse because you see all the things that people buy and you think.. ooh ill buy that after work! luckily, i have the WORST memory span and by the end of my shift i forget what i wanted to buy! haha.

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Return to Confessional