It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Free Newsletter

First Day of Dieting and I'm Already a Failure...:(

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

First Day of Dieting and I'm Already a Failure...:(

Postby vanessa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:57 pm

I need to confess.
Today, I ate a chocolate chip cookie.
You might think, ohhh it's not a big deal. It's just one cookie. But the thing is, it's a big deal for me!
You see, yesterday, I told myself my goal is to cut down on unhealthy snacks..starting tomorrow. And this just...completely ruined it for me. I was at school and it was only the second period, but my stomach was already starting to grumble. It's embaressing enough when the teacher's talking to have your stomach loudly ask for food, bringing everyone's attention to you. So I was going to eat a banana, to fill in the space. But somehow, the darn cookie snuck into my hands.
I've really let myself down and it's only the FIRST day I've begun this diet. Maybe I'm overreacting...but I really hope things get better.

Re: First Day of Dieting and I'm Already a Failure...:(

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:05 am

It's OK to slip up :mrgreen: You know what happened, just try not to be too hard on yourself, we all slip every now and then just jump back on the wagon :D
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:23 am

Just look on it as a learning experience. From the sounds of things you were really hungry, so I'm guessing the hunger led you to make a bad choice. I have that problem too! If you know that hunger is a danger zone then there are two ways of tackling it: avoid hunger or have healthy snacks available to deal with hunger when it strikes. Low GI foods and planning regular healthy snacks will help with the first, planning ahead and carrying healthy snacks with you is useful for the second. Hopefully a combination of the two will help you deal with such emergencies in the future. Good luck!

Postby big_love » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey Vanessa. Dont be too hard on yourself! Its the first day of your new life, and you're bound to make mistakes along the way. One of the biggest lessons, is recognising your behaviour, and doing something about it. You realise you made a bad choice, and thats the first step. If it was only second period, perhaps you need to eat more for breakfast so that you can keep hunger at bay until recess/morning tea. You can do this hunni!!! :mrgreen:

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Vanessa don't beat yourself up about it. This is a lifestyle change not just a diet so you're bound to slip up occassionally. Try to eat more for breakfast so it keeps you going for longer. I find that a cereal high in fibre helps keep the hunger pangs at bay & having lots of healthy snacks available for when I do get hungry.

Chin up & if you still feel really bad just go for a walk to help burn off the calories :)

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Return to Confessional