It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

What am I doing?

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

What am I doing?

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 am

I have just dropped the ball.
I have been taking no notice of what i eat.
I havent weighed.
I havent been exercising (although we have done some home renos so that should help.)
What am I doing? I got busy and just stopped trying/focusing on what i was trying to achieve. I dont think I've put on much weight but just cant believe that I have let myself off the hook. I am really worried about the health risks at my age, my Mum has diabetes and my sister had a heart attack last year. :( I feel quite pathetic that I just havent followed through on this stuff. grr
Ok
I will get up tomorrow, refocus on my targets and do it!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: What am I doing?

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 am

I will get up tomorrow, refocus on my targets and do it!

That's the attitude hon, we all have our bad days or weeks, the important thing is remember this a journey and it's all part of it and it's what you do next that counts! Don't throw in the towel just because you lost your focus for a bit! YOU CAN DO IT! :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Cac33 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 am

Don't beat yourself up about it, its in the past now & you can't change that but you can jump back on the wagon with us & turn it all around. Good luck & shout out if you need anything.

Cheers
Cassie
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby tw1light » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 am

Hey Fireball. You can do it. Keep focused. I'm sure we all have our down moments. And you posting about it means you want to change, right? So good luck and keep going!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZJ5O22/]
[/url]

Mini goal: 75 kg
Reward: not sure yet...

bane of my existence: CHOCOLATES!!
tw1light

Postby Fireball » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Thansk fopr your support. Went ok today but i do feel ina rut. Too lazy to move my butt. :lol: ok okj I will go and do it right now while I thinking about it. bye

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Cac33 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 am

Fireball wrote:Thansk fopr your support. Went ok today but i do feel ina rut. Too lazy to move my butt. :lol: ok okj I will go and do it right now while I thinking about it. bye

So how did you go? Did you get any exercise in?
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Fireball » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Yes I did. I'm pleased but it will be a challenge to get into routine again. Thsnk for asking. :)

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:33 am

Don't beat yourself up over it too much. One of the best pieces of advice I've found on weight loss is that it's okay not to feel motivated 100% of the time. There are going to be times when you just can't be bothered. That's okay! But you have to work your way through it. Just work in a little bit of exercise. All you need to do is make yourself put your gym/walking/running gear on. Once you've actually dressed for the activity you'll be amazed how easy it is to go all the way and get out the door to start exercising. And once you start it'll be easier to find the motivation to keep on exercising.

I go through these phases all the time. Right now I've got the opposite problem: all the motivation in the world, but I've injured my back so I can't exercise like I normally do!

Good luck! I hope you get back into the swing of things soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Once you've actually dressed for the activity you'll be amazed how easy it is to go all the way and get out the door to start exercising. And once you start it'll be easier to find the motivation to keep on exercising.

I agree so much with this sentiment EWQ, although for me, it's driving a different way home so that I actually have to drive past the gym. Even if I didn't feel like it when I left work to head home, by the time I drive past the gym, it then becomes a situation of well I'm already here so may as well go in and do something.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Fireball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks for your tips. I am making myself do a bit a few times a day. I still dont feel like it and dont feel right but I will keep plugging away...

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Confessional