It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Binge-monster...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Binge-monster...

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 pm

It got me... the binge-monster got me tonight :( I was doing so well, 5 days out of the 1 week goal not to binge that I'd set. Now I'm back at square 1.... *sigh* :cry:
zeedeveelgirl

Re: Binge-monster...

Postby Jisgone » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:55 pm

:( try not to dwell on it too much em, its a hard monster to beat!
dont let it ruin your whole night, do some extra excercise tomorrow and be confident that u can win the battle!
Jisgone

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 am

Babe, Im on it !

I have to recruit a new team of elves to set up those traps ... I just had to fire the other lot !

Hang in there babe, Look at your accomplishment...5 days binge free, 1 day binge .... dont forget, that it would have been 5 days binge, 1 day binge free before ! So you're doing incredibly well :D

Love ya babe
xx
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks so much Jewles and Helen :)

It is a hard thing to beat as well.. I binged again this morning (after I slogged my GUTS out for 45 minutes on the evil f**cking Versa climber at the gym - go figure?!?!) but it wasn't AS bad a binge as normal, so I guess that's something!? Well it's not really, but ya know..

I think, Helza, that we need to constantly change our trap-setting elves around! We don't want them getting too comfortable now, do we?!

As of 11:47am, Thursday 17th April 2008, NO MORE BINGEING!
One week binge free is my starting point. I can DO this.
I made an appointment at the Uni counselling services for next week, worth a shot eh?

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Excellent idea on going to the counselling hun ! Im sure you'll get some excellent tips and advice :)

As for the elves, we must be sure to do everything by the union otherwise, Im sure we'll end up in hot water :mrgreen:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby shelbel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 pm

That damn binge monster is having a ball with all of us! Em i feel for you hon, its so hard sometimes, but remember your trying to beat it, thats an achievement in itself because it would be so easy to just give up. Good on you for seeing a counsellor too. I hope you have a good day babe, go easy on yourself.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:32 pm

I think it would be a great idea to talk to someone about this.

Please realise that you aren't alone. The binge monster has affected us all - to varying degrees.

Do you think it would help to keep a food diary?

You will get through this. You are strong, brave and beautiful.

Love and best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks again, guys :) You're all great!

Bit scared about seeing the counsellor, but I think it will be good for me for sure..

Thanks for the suggestion, Lauren :) But unfortunately, being so obsessive and religious with my food diary & calorie counting is what caused this binge monster to rear its ugly head :(

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Arg stupid binge monster!! I reckon he's made himself comfortable around my place recently as well! :evil: At least you had 5 days free though, so there is a bright side!

Counselling sounds like a good idea. I went to one when I was at uni, and it wasn't all that bad :wink: And it's for free too so all the better!!
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:54 am

Hey Sarah!

It seems like the binge monster has been running riot lately!!! What is his problem!? (Of course it's a male :twisted: :twisted: ) Good luck for beating your binge monster over the head!!

My best friend and I are going to see counsellors at Uni at the same time on Wednesday (separate doctors though!), because she suffers from the same thing. So we're supporting each other. I am SO glad she's back in my life!!
Oh yeah, it's awesome that it's free! Love all the free Uni services! I wish I lived close to Uni so I could take advantage of more of them!!!!

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:11 pm

We so need to have a binge monster purging ritual or something! He tried to come to my house on the weekend, got in the door, but then the booze binge monster got him! So no win for me this weekend either!!! :oops:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby bear » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:41 am

Hey Em!!!
how's uni going? How was the counsellor going? Are you studying to be a teacher?
Anyway how's that fight with the binge monster? One has set up house in my House!! Been binging everyday for a about maybe 2 weeks! :oops:
It doesn't help that I bake choc chip cookies for the kids and end up eating them all ( 18) before they even cool down!!I have regained about 3kg :oops:
Anyway today is a new day so I'll join you in the No binging quest!! Yay!! We can do it!!! :D Day 1!!
ImageImage
bear

Postby la20 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:57 pm

I am a serious binge eater... i dont know how to control it, I get really moody when i dont eat even if i dont feel hungry, and when i eat i dont even enjoy food anymore, its more like a race to get as much in me as possible, i used to be so health concious, but i am away from home travelling for a year, and food has become my controller. I eat when im bored, tired, upset, homesick any excuss i just eat...how can i stop this?
la20

Postby MissE » Tue May 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Wish I could help La20, I'm a big time binger as well. I eat til I'm in pain and fel sick. Want to know something disgusting? A week ago I stopped at the supermarket to get stuff for spag bol for dinner which I planned to cook as soon as I got home, and I bought a sausage roll and a pie for 'entree'. Then I ate the whole pan of spag bol. That was just 'dinner' The rest of the night I dont even want to think about.
At the moment I'm doing the 'Healthy Kickstart' from the Healthy Inspirations program (i have a thread in Weight Loss Talk) and that helps, because I *can* binge on this, just on certain types of food.
I live with 2 other girls and I hide my binging from them. Its disgusting. And i dont know what to do.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Athena » Thu May 29, 2008 3:47 pm

I bindge when I'm cold. Almost like the foods going to warm me up. I think we all need somebody standing behind us with a wip.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Return to Confessional