It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

Hangover - The day after a big night out!!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you eat greasy/fatty foods when you have hangover - despite you diet?

Yes
40%
Sometimes
30%
Never
30%

Total votes : 10

Hangover - The day after a big night out!!!

Postby Lexie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:59 am

I have to confess, after haveing a big night out, I tend to want to counter my hangover with greasy, really bad food. For some reason I believe it will magically take away that headache or queezy tummy. Its my major downfall and I think it absolutly ruins my diet.

Does anyone else binge on greasy or fatty food when they have a hangover?

Thanks,
Lexie x o x o
Height: 164 cm
HW: 90kg
CW: 64kg

GW1: 75 kg
GW2: 70 kg
GW3: 65 kg
GOAL WEIGHT: 60 kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBSAIAh/]
Lexie

Postby Hayley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:24 am

Hi Lexie,

6 years ago, before I left Perth to teach in Kununurra, I used to go out with the staff at the store where I worked while studying. We'd go out every Friday night, despite having to work again at 9am on Saturday morning. One of them was the manager - he's one of my very good friends and was so much fun to go out with - he was 40, gay and absolutely hillarious!

Anyway, most times, we'd get home at about 4 am and have to go back to the city for a 9am start, so we'd get a flavoured coffee and a pizza slice or a potato sausage roll. I will always swear that they were the best hangover cure ever! They always made me feel better but when I look at it now, they weren't very healthy, were they?

I am now 27, have a 2 and a half year old and am not intersted in drinking sessions anymore, besides that, for some reason, my body does not handle alcohol very well anymore and I tend to feel ill after half a glass of wine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:41 am

When I was younger we would always go to the shop the next morning and buy a sausage roll and a choc milk or iced coffee!!! At easter my sister succommed to a few too many drinks and I said to her did she want me to go get her a sausage roll and choc milk. Silly girl still hasnt learnt to get out of bed in the morning and get moving for the day and drink loads of water! She spent most of the day in bed feeling sorry for herself. I have learnt where the limit is. I can stop now so I don't have a hang over the next day, but still be very very happy that night and enjoying myself with all the other drunk people! But feel fine the next morning. I've also learnt dont drink anything with coke cos it makes you feel worse the next morning. So I drink scotch and dry most of the time if I am going to be having a fairly big night. I also add a lot of ice to the glass, that way you are getting a bit of water with it! Plus if you are in the pub, makes your drink last longer and in the end costs you less!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:52 am

I must be getting old or something, my piss-tiddly days are all behind me, I actually have no desire to drink other than the odd glass of bubbly at a dinner party.
Dolly

Postby carleyjt » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:47 am

If i have a really bad night yes i do but i dont generally get hangovers so am pritty good most of the time. I try to eat before i start drinking so my body doesnt go into shock/dehydration mode. Also i take vitamins which help me recover
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:54 pm

I haven't really been known to get very drunk since my young and reckless years. I'm generally the driver these days and don't tend to drink much at all. When I did through, I don't recall ever really going for greasy food, I was more for something solid, like porridge.

the bloke does like a good old grease burger after a night out though. It's like the morning after pilgrimage to maccas :roll:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:06 pm

I barely drink these days and if I do I rarely get a hangover. I hate hangovers. Never was very good at handling them. But years ago yes they were a part of life! 8)

For nasty hangovers I would end up in bed all day and crawl out about 4pm looking for damn near anything I could get my hands on. Fried eggs on toast, bacon that sort of thing. Basically a greasy breakfast in the afternoon and then probably back to bed. Do you see why I don't drink that much anymore? I would never get anything done!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:17 pm

I don't know if any of you have heard of this one, but my sister was recently home to visit and she went to a concernt and came home and took panadol and water before going to bed. I personally think that's a pretty bad idea since panadol is not good for your liver and neither is alcohol, so both in combo couldn't be good surely??

My (and the bloke's) belief is that if you want to prevent a hangover

a) don't drink till your WAYYYY drunk
b) intersperse the alcoholoic drinks with water and drink a couple of BIG glasses of water before bed to rehydrate yourself.

Some people suggest a vitamine d tablet, but I'm sceptical.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:35 pm

I really think that is the only way Tegan. The water is what is best along the way. I always have a bit of water whilst drinking. And a guzzle before bed. All these things you learn after 1 too many hang overs.......my sister still has a few to go obviously!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby mandymoo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 pm

Also a big glass of milk before you go out and when you get home is supposed to somehow work!

I'm 23 - I spend most of my weekends drunk! Although not so much since I went on the big health kick.

Drinking is ruins the diet enough without the greasy food!
mandymoo

Return to Confessional