It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Woops

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Woops

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Ok so I messed up today, went round to a friends place and we totally had too much junk food! This used to be a normal occurance for us, but I think we probably need to find a new thing to do when we hang out, has anyone else had this problem? or have any suggestions?

Its weird though, cuz I don't actually feel awfully guilty.. when i guess i should? i dunno, i have been trying hard these past few weeks and it was nice to have a bit of junk food and girl talk, and i feel as though it will be ok because I can burn it off at the gym tonight. Suppose I'm just confused, like is this mindset a sign that I'm loosing my motivation, or that my weight loss is bigger than one day, and can't be ruined by one bad choice as its a lifestyle change? I'm really hoping its the latter!

Still have today and tomorrow before I weigh in so I'll focus on making good choices and see what happens :)
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Re: Woops

Postby James » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Ain't you just a bad girl!

James

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:41 pm

I know exactly what you mean, about 2 weeks ago i organised a night for my girlfriends to come over for a girly night of looking through bridal mags and sleep over. I told them i will make dinner, you all have to bring dessert, munchies and drinks. I made buritos for dinner, yummy and healthy (made with chicken strips yum) and they brought clinkers, chips, m&ms, snakes and coke zero. :roll:
I should have known they'd do that and gone and gotten something a little more healthy.

hippy_shake wrote:Suppose I'm just confused, like is this mindset a sign that I'm loosing my motivation, or that my weight loss is bigger than one day, and can't be ruined by one bad choice as its a lifestyle change? I'm really hoping its the latter!

Weightloss is bigger then one day. Just because you had a heap of junk today doesn't mean you will tomorrow. Its not a sign that you loosing motivation, its a sign that you can still have bad stuff and get back to weightloss afterwards. Don't stress about it, just think about how it is a good thing you don't do it everyday.

I hope that made sense.... :roll:
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Hey tarz, thanks for that.. lol maybe its more to do with wedding stress than anything else :P But i am happy that I don't feel the slightest bit inclined to throw in the towel or not go to the gym tonight. Today was just about talking (perhaps venting) about wedding stuff, but i think it'll be all good. How is your wedding planning going?

hippy_shake

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 pm

Going very slowly cos mine is in March 2010. But still enjoy looking through all the magazines and going to expos. I am booking my reception in 2 weeks though which is really exciting :mrgreen:
How about yours? When is yours?
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Wow i didn't know they took bookings that far in advance! Definitely with wedding planning tho, the more time the better :P ours is probably this november, a beach wedding and then spit roast at a really nice golf club :) Tiz exciting! Oh and we're having kombis for wedding cars and my fiance just bought a piano to have down on the beach! I think its gonna be pretty cool and funky- cuz we're not exactly the traditional types, and i reckon a wedding should be an accurate portrayal of you and your partner, with nice personal touches :)
All the best,
Jane

hippy_shake

Postby CUZZY26 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 am

If you ask your friend to join you in eating healthy I'm sure she will do it for you...
You know my friend came to me a while ago and asked me if I'd lost weight, I asked her why and she replied because she feels like she competing against me to see who can lose the most weight. All this time I was talking about it she was sizing me up for competitiion. Now we both know each others goals I never see her with junk food in her mouth and sometimes that keeps me going.
CUZZY26

Return to Confessional