It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

excessive binging and lax abuse

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

excessive binging and lax abuse

Postby zippy123 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 pm

i have serious issues with weight.
im 22, 178cm and generally around 73 kilos. i know thats not fat but i feel like i am.
i have been watching my weight since i was about 15 and have basically been on a diet ever since then. food is always on my mind. at 16 i went from 76 to 58 but then back up. at 20 i went from 73 to 68 but again back up.
but over the last year things ahve become worse. i have had stages where ive been healthy and then all i go on massive binges. they can last a few days and its like i cant stop eating and eat whatever junk i can find until i feel sick. i feel as though ive eaten badly so i might as well continue doing it for the day and then start fresh tomorrow. this doesnt always happen though and i can have a few shocking days like this in a row. during these times over the last year though i have started abusing laxatives. i know its bad but i cant stop it. i take heaps at night and apart from having a shocking night the next day i am still sick. ive read bout the problems and risks with this but i still do it.
i just want to get over this. i want to weigh 66 kilos and then i think i will be happy.
does anyone else have issues like this? has anyone gone through this and is better now? i think i really need help with it.
sorry to babble
zippy123

Re: excessive binging and lax abuse

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi Zippy,

I posted a reply to your message about this in the 'Weight Loss Talk' section of the forum. But since this is a very serious issue I thought it would be worth copying and pasting my reply here as well.

I agree. You really need help with this. And you probably shouldn't be looking to a weight loss forum to find it.

Please, please talk to your GP about what you are doing. He or she will refer you to a psychologist or someone else qualified to treat eating disorders. You know that you are doing damage to your body with what you are doing. The fact that you continue to do it shows you need some outside help to get you through this.

My advice is to forget about weight loss for the time being. You need to get healthy first and trying to get to 66kg while dealing with these issues will only perpetuate the problem. I know it's easy to suggest forgetting about weight loss and it's probably advice that is impossible for you to follow in your current condition. That's why you should talk to a professional about this.

I hope you get the treatment you need to get better soon,
Ali

Good luck, Zippy.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: excessive binging and lax abuse

Postby jessica86 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:53 am

i had anorexia & bulimia for about 6 yrs, so i know what its like. even though that happened ages ago, sometimes i get the urge to go back to my old ways for a quick fix. i know how hard it is to keep thinking positively.

i just take each day as it comes and every morning tell myself i will make good food choices and do something to improve my health each day, which does not include skipping meals or binging.

often these sort of problems are related to an underlying problem, like depression, abuse, poor self image etc. i would suggest finding someone you can trust to talk about whatever is going on in your life at the moment.
good luck, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

<3 jess
jessica86

Return to Confessional