It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Oops moment made very bad.

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Oops moment made very bad.

Postby counrikke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 am

This will be shorter then I thought it would.

Alright, Prior to coming to this forum, I tried to lose weight and it was working!

Well, I live in a house where my sister is a KFC manager. Yep.
I'm sorry if this sounds like making excuses, I'm not.

But, at the end of the night, leftover chicken (perfectly fine) all members are able to take it home.

One night, I was tempted. I start with one piece, then two, then three..

I felt like crap. But guess what? the next day I started making excuses for myself saying "well I've already stuffed it what harm can this and that do".

Shameful, for the next few days I was so ashamed in myself. Sometimes I just can't stop. It's so terrible.. the temptation is there every few days. I don't know what to do.
counrikke

Re: Oops moment made very bad.

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:24 pm

go to bed before she gets home :) most kfc dont close till 11ish or something and if your in bed u cant smell the yumminess :P
Jisgone

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:25 pm

I think going to bed before your sister gets home is a great idea.

Next time you feel tempted by the KFC distract yourself. Go for a walk, call a friend, write down how your feeling, have a glass of water, etc...that's what I do when I feel tempted and it happens alot! My fiance loves junk food (tall and slim man :x :lol: ) and last night he ordered pizza. I kept to my food plan but the smell of the pizza and cheesy garlic bread was getting to me so I made a cup of tea and went to another room to watch TV. This morning there was leftover pizza in the fridge so I put it on the bottom shelf, out of the way. It looked all yuck and greasy so i'm glad I didn't have any last night.
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby ali76 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:29 am

If it's unrealistic to go to bed before your sis gets home try this one.....brush your teeth!! The chicken will taste gross on top of toothpaste!

Another way to distract yourself...come on here!

One big positive...you know your weakness so know what to avoid.

Can you ask your sister to not bring it home, or just bring enough for herself?

Good luck....you'll be fine :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby counrikke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks guys, ali, that's what I decided to do. Hopefully she puts it into practice. At times she's bringing home enough for a day or two, shocking. Glad to report that I've avoided it and also done something else to distract me.

Unfortunately going to bed at 10:30 is not really for me, I just can't sleep that early. Thanks though :D
counrikke

Postby fi_112 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:30 am

KFC is disgusting..but it smells soooooooooo unbelievably good!!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby mumnbub » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:53 pm

fi_112 wrote:KFC is disgusting..but it smells soooooooooo unbelievably good!!

I no longer eat kfc, last time i had a piece of chicken it made me feel horrible but the smell i still love- thankfully it does not make me want to eat it- its like a good perfume, you like the smell but your hardly going to drink it cause you know its not going to do you any good.

I can uderstand the problem- I worked for KFC for 4 years, most of which were night shifts and every night i worked someone would divide the leftovers between the staff who were there- no one asked me if i wanted some, a bag full was handed to me on my way out the door! Needless to say I gained a lot of weight while working there and had an addiction to it for many years, it is hard to avoid when its there and you donthave to pay for it but eventually it starts building up on the hips!
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Return to Confessional