It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

snacking

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

snacking

Postby Nunu » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:18 pm

so... i have been snacking real bad lately.. all healthy food, but still, its not so good.. im a bad emotional eater, to the point i get headaches if i dont eat.. i have had every test under the sun done for my headaches, they seem to think its emotional, which i brush off as incompetence on their part, but sometimes i wonder. Get this, when im eating, my headache usually sudsides.... :(
i plan my meals, and i stick to my exercise even if its gonna kill me.. an hour a day, maybe more.. and i work bloody hard each session, cardio, weights body sculpting, pilates.... but down fall is my snacking. I also tried to do what EWQ suggested on another thread, to look at why you want to eat... by the time i get to the end of questions, im already into the rice crackers :(

But on a more positive note.. i found these ice creams, "skinny cow".. each one contains 80 calories... and they are lovely. maybe a bit too lovely...
30 kilos and counting

lost for this week, 1.4 kilos... getting there.
Nunu

Re: snacking

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:56 pm

I've tried those ice-creams, they're delicious, unfortunately something in them makes me get diarrhoea... maybe that's how they're designed to make people a 'skinny cow' :lol:

As for the snacks - I don't really have any words of wisdom for you. I'm a serial snacker too, especially when I'm at work and it's the afternoon. I have serious difficulty sitting at my computer and not eating! But I know that it's just a habit I've gotten into. I now try to avoid it by going to someone else's desk and having a chat, typing on the forums or drinking water... unfortunately the chatting option usually results in me not completing my work, but at least I'm not snacking ha ha.

Hope you can find the root of your snacking and get it under control cause the snacks can really add up and undo your weight loss journey!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Nunu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:46 pm

yeh maybe.... i have not yet had the runs.. but i have not eaten that many..... but then again i think after spending time in various third world countries, it will take more than an ice cream to give me the runs...

theres also weight watchers ice cream.. if your craving.. my fave is cookies and cream.. and it has the less calories.. but its just a sometimes treat...

thanks for your reply....
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:01 am

nunu! what the hell! icecream snacking is baddddddddd... get a white board, and right down day to day WHAT you eat, and WHY. if it's emotional eating, then i guarantee the next day when you read that board / postit note. you'll regret it. What i find works for me is think about the next day from when you eat it, question yourself why, and then you'll realise that it's not reallllly what you want. I can only quote for me, but since joining this forum "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" has had a massive resonance in my brain, whenever I think of that bag of chips or junk food, all i can think about it that quote and it destroys the idea of the snack every time. I wish i could remember who said it... i'd give them a big hug, lol. As for the runs, i get them any time I eat any poor quality ice cream. Needless to say I haven't had icecream in at least 6 months. Just think about the next day! It's all an uphill battle. I'll pigout with you when we make it to our goal weights!

Just not yet =)

Good luck kiddo
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Nunu » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:52 am

LOL.... sorry for snacking mr gordz.... wont let it happen again :(

i dont sit and snack on ice cream lol... but i do eat it occasionally, but with in my calorie in take... very rarely do i go over my calorie intake for a day, and if i do i burn those calories the next work out...
the reason i have such a problem with my snacking is because im supposed to be learning a better lifestyle, a healthier mentality.. you know eat to live sort thing, instead of live to eat... eating because i need to not because theres nothing better to do. no doubt i would lose more weight if i stopped my snacking, so this week im gonna start, no snacking.. only eating when hungry, and i have to sit down and eat... your right though, after the fact i almost always wish i had not snacked... and it is emotional eating, i need to develop a better relationship with food...

LOL.. "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"... i remember that quote from my days bordering on an eating disorder.. cant say i would want to go back there... but none the less...i will remember it...

pig out sounds great...
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:00 am

Well heres to a new week Nunu! Snacking isn't bad as such, as long you're healthily snacking either when you're hungry or if its planned in your daily intake... Deffinately try to resist the emotional snacking though, thats never good. Keep us informed how the week goes!

I'm watching you :evil: lol...
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Nunu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 pm

so far so good... :)

my brother came home last night with a huge tub of ice cream from the new ice cream place that has just opened near us.. he was trying to get me to eat some... but i stuck to my guns and refused.. i felt good about it...
All of my brothers body build, so they are constantly trying to strip fat and gain muscle, so why the ice cream i have no clue. hell do they eat alot.. i have never seen anything like it.. but i guess they are pretty big (not fat though), and they workout like crazy...

my snacking is getting much better... hopefully im saying goodbye to emotional eating... YAYYYYYY...
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby Gordz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:27 am

I know... i was watching.

lol :lol:

Well done though! The good feeling you get after being good rivals the endorphines from a good workout =)

Proud of ya kiddo
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Confession of oversnacking

Postby skinnywork » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Yes, yet again, over snacked today. :oops:
Non sweentened yoghurt and plain non oil cooked eggs would have made a perfect day
Have I not eaten:
One full bag and another half of fried potato chips :oops:
One bowl of over sweentened congee :cry:
skinnywork

Postby Nunu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 pm

i cant believe this thread has popped back up, i think its most apt considering the past few days i have had....
its the afternoons that get me... i dont know why im doing this to myself, i have been going really well, considering i have just had a baby.. but for some reason the past few days, i have had no self control. i really dont like it as i know how unhealthy it is... :cry:

hopefully i can get this in check.
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

I did it!!!!

Postby foxyaussie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 am

Hi all,
I finished 4 days of sitting in a classroom yesterday, training for work :?. Not even 30 metres away were 2 snack machines selling every naughty snack imaginable. I swear the machines were calling my name! :shock:
As the training was so disorganised and boring I was so very tempted to munch on naughty snacks like everyone else, from boredom I suppose.
I RESISTED!!! It might sound like nothing to many but in the past I have not been able to say no to this junk..... at all!
Having just returned from an hour kicking butt at the gym, I am so happy that I was not working possible junk food calories off *does a little victory dance* 8)
Have a great weekend everyone :D
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby foxyaussie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Nunu and everyone,
I just re-read what I wrote and I feel as though what I wrote may come across as "rubbing it in your face" and insensitive :oops: I'm sorry if anyone feels this way.
Let me explain:
My boyfriend is supportive but seeing as he has never had a weight issue I think it may be a bit harder for him to really understand what this means to me. So that's why I excitedly wrote it here when I got home.
From past experience Nunu (and trust me I was a baaad snacker) I found that if there was no crap food in the house then I could not eat it and the temptation was minimal. When I see junk food ads on TV now I think of the long term picture (healthy and fit me) rather than how good the food may (or may not :wink: ) taste. So what I'm trying to say is I try my absolute hardest to talk myself out of wanting junk food. It may sound weird but hey it works (majority of the time) for me. Of course having a little naughty snack every now and then is fine, but in moderation.
Eventually you may even be repulsed by junk food and not even want it very much.
I truly wish you Nunu, and everyone, all the very best along your journeys.
When your feeling down just think of all the great things we may have in our lives and that we can walk, talk, see, smell, hear...... you get the picture.
I care for disabled adults and I am reminded of this on a daily basis, when I see the look of determination on their faces it inspires me personally to push myself that little bit harder when I'm having a tough time. :D
Take care.
Jane
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby Nunu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:38 am

dont be silly girl...... ur not rubbing it in anyones face... and well done, that is great.

yeh i hope i can stop snacking... i think im doing better now. as i have stopped obsessing over it so much... and if i snack i dont beat myself up, but i do try to avoid it.

i dont use those machines. i always panick that my treat will get stuck in the vending machine, thats why i avoid them at all costs, due to embarrassment... and the thought of my treat being so close yet so far....

ur doing great...keep up the good work.
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby foxyaussie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks Nunu :lol:
Funny you should say that about food getting stuck in those machines. Over the 4 days I helped 3 different people get their food out cause it got jammed on the way down! You would think they would learn hey, nope the same people used the machine at least 2-3 times a day, everyday! Oh well, each to their own hey :D

Think of how bloody fabulous you are going to look, but more importantly feel, when you're at your goal weight. Knowing you have worked so hard, physically and mentally, to get there! :D
All the best Nunu, I look forward to hearing of your success :D
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby PetraW » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 am

Nunu,

we all know that snacking like that is "bad", but at the same time - have a look at your weight loss, anyway! You have lost 30 kg already, and in the week when you wrote the post you had already lost 1.4kg, so don't judge yourself too bad, just try to do better next time! You go!!!

Petra :D
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3J8xVi/]
[/url]
PetraW

Next

Return to Confessional