It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Free Newsletter

they lied

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

they lied

Postby timooke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:35 pm

I have decieded that the many hundreds of stupid television ads have lied to me, this weight loss things is

NOT FUN
DOESN'T MAKE ME SMILE ALL DAY
and most of all NOT EASY.

Im already starting to struggle but i know that I have to keep going, I need help any one got any great tips to keep me going
I have already stuck a picture of my wedding dress on the fridge right next to one of my sister in law who looked a little bit like a sausage on her wedding day and my sister who is of cause a size 6 and drop dead beauitful its really not working.

Help me
timooke

Re: they lied

Postby Gordz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:17 pm

they didn't lie... you're just not trying hard enough or CHOSING to...

Frame of mind! Drop what you're doing and go for a walk :?:
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm

A little bit harsh Gordz...

No it's not easy - it can be fun though, especially when you know how hard you've worked and you can see results!

You've gotta be willing to put in and do some serious yards before that happens though - usually takes a good 2/3 weeks of hard work before you start to see some good results.

The pictures on the fridge are good for motivation, but the most motivation of all is to ask yourself why am I really doing this? Do I want to be healthy? Do I want to live a long life full of happiness or a life that is surrounded by Dr's because you're overweight? Do I want to be able to wear nice clothes? Do I want to be healthy for my family/partner so I can spend more quality time with them?

You need to find the source of motivation - why did you choose to lose weight in the first place? Hold on to that and it will stop you giving you into temptation.

Or I could just be talking a heap of crap :wink:
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby FluffyBunny » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 pm

You're right...it's not easy. BUT...it GETS easier :)

The first step is always the hardest. But if you stick with it, find your motivation you will make it.

But I agree...the ads lie. My advice on that...change the channel when one of the ads come on :)

Kate
CW: 90kgs
1st goal: Lose 10kgs
2nd goal: Lose 10kgs
TOTAL GOAL: Lose 20kg

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary[/url]
FluffyBunny

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Bah! Weight loss product ads are like tampon commercials. Equally unpleasant and both make me want to cut a [email protected] who tells me to chill and that it's oooooh so fun!

It's hard work. That's what the ads all forget to say. It. Is. Bloody. Hard. Work. Painful at times. Hard to adjust to. Takes longer than anyone will admit to. Very little to do with blue dye or frolicking on the beach in white slacks.

And no, the weight loss products aren't fun. Not when you compare them to the 'fun' that got you overweight in the first place. When you first try to eat carrot sticks instead of Mars Bars quite frankly it sucks. Drinking meal replacements instead of proper food? Yuck. Running for five kilometres for the first time is far more painful than sitting on the couch eating bikkies. BUT. If you start changing your lifestyle in small ways over time after a while it becomes easier. And if you focus on putting good things in rather than taking 'fun' things out, you actually start enjoying eating fruit. You look forward to a healthy well balanced meal instead of one dripping in fat. You look forward to going to the gym, or going out for a run or walk. Weight loss actually becomes fun, but because healthy living can actually be its own reward once you reprogram your own attitudes towards food and exercise. Not because some weight loss ad told you you'd be a frolicking super-model in only ten weeks.

And the best news of all? It's all worth it in the end when you lose the weight and keep it off.

Try adding healthy things in, whether it's more fruit, more veggies or more exercise. Do it in a way that you will enjoy and it will be far easier to stick to over the long term.

Good luck! We're all here to support you in your weight loss journey.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby FluffyBunny » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Bah! Weight loss product ads are like tampon commercials. Equally unpleasant and both make me want to cut a [email protected] who tells me to chill and that it's oooooh so fun!

It's hard work. That's what the ads all forget to say. It. Is. Bloody. Hard. Work. Painful at times. Hard to adjust to. Takes longer than anyone will admit to. Very little to do with blue dye or frolicking on the beach in white slacks.

And no, the weight loss products aren't fun. Not when you compare them to the 'fun' that got you overweight in the first place. When you first try to eat carrot sticks instead of Mars Bars quite frankly it sucks. Drinking meal replacements instead of proper food? Yuck. Running for five kilometres for the first time is far more painful than sitting on the couch eating bikkies. BUT. If you start changing your lifestyle in small ways over time after a while it becomes easier. And if you focus on putting good things in rather than taking 'fun' things out, you actually start enjoying eating fruit. You look forward to a healthy well balanced meal instead of one dripping in fat. You look forward to going to the gym, or going out for a run or walk. Weight loss actually becomes fun, but because healthy living can actually be its own reward once you reprogram your own attitudes towards food and exercise. Not because some weight loss ad told you you'd be a frolicking super-model in only ten weeks.

And the best news of all? It's all worth it in the end when you lose the weight and keep it off.

Try adding healthy things in, whether it's more fruit, more veggies or more exercise. Do it in a way that you will enjoy and it will be far easier to stick to over the long term.

Hooray!!! Well said...especially about the tampons :lol: :lol: :lol: that cracked me up!

Kate
CW: 90kgs
1st goal: Lose 10kgs
2nd goal: Lose 10kgs
TOTAL GOAL: Lose 20kg

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary[/url]
FluffyBunny

Postby Juzzy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Bah! Weight loss product ads are like tampon commercials. Equally unpleasant and both make me want to cut a [email protected] who tells me to chill and that it's oooooh so fun!

Hooray!! Very well said!!
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Postby la1982 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:21 am

One of my mantras while losing weight was a bit of a tough love approach :)

"Losing weight is hard, being fat is hard, so choose your hard!"
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
Body fat reduced from 38% to 20.2%
la1982

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 am

la1982 wrote:One of my mantras while losing weight was a bit of a tough love approach :)

"Losing weight is hard, being fat is hard, so choose your hard!"

Hahahaha! Oh I LOVE that quote! :lol: :lol: :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm

I found it so hard when I first started to attempt to lose weight- for many years I failed miserably and only got bigger. But then I got sick of it and just wanted it to be over with- I wanted it bad enough that I read everything I could, I joined weight loss forums and spoke to people who had lost weight. Then I started changing my eating, finding the foods that worked for me and those that didnt i stopped eating. Exercise took time but that does not matter, I started with a 20min walk and that was it but now I can do so much more.

No one likes to deprive themselves of foods they love- once you have overcome the cravings issue i believe its ok to introduce SOME of those foods occasionally- not talking about a huge maccas meal or whatever you crave, i mean real food thats just not as healthy as it should be, like lasagne, creamy pastas... just have small servings with a side salad. I think its imortant to start with not to think to far ahead, it takes 3 weeks to change a habbit so just work on making it through 3 weeks, then set mini goals like reaching 10% body weight loss, lose 5kg, start running ect ect- can be anything but it is essential to have goals.

One thing I should mention, while losing weight will never be as easy as sitting on the couch eating takeaway, it does get easier and you will learn to enjoy some exercises- just find one you like to do, you dont have to love it but if you enjoy it a bit you will keep doing it and you will learn to love it. you will also learn to love eating vegies for dinner that have been lightly steamed, or salads for lunch- I hate eating greesy foods now, they leave such a bad taste in my mouth! (should mention that i do still get cravings for some foods but have been able to move past them and eat something healthy and feel great or have just a bit of it every so often- like my sausage roll yesterday, first one in months!)

Good luck and remember to keep blogging- reading peoples encouraging responses is a great motivator.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby tiaflower » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:38 pm

I know how you feel.
I am on my first week. And I...Feel..AWFUL!
All my muscles ache, my stomach has pains at 3am from being hungry.
I am tired and grumpy all the time.
But.
I am noticing that I am doing ok. I turned away from a binge. And I'm starting to not necessarily feel hungry all the time. All in all. Yes. Its friggin hard for us because I assume many of us had been overweight and eating a certain way for a very long time (myself 10 years plus)
So of course the first month is going to be incredibly hard and yuck.
But yes. I feel like getting a gun and shooting anyone who smile and says "ooooh, losing weight was sooooo easy.. I just ate salads all the time and exercised and boom I became like this".
So do not worry. You are not the only one struggling. I am too!
Lets both hang in there and keep going. The end result will be worth it!
tiaflower

Postby JP1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:24 pm

missed this first time round but well said EWQ..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Return to Confessional