It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Blow out day...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Blow out day...

Postby mandymoo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:35 pm

*sigh*

Well here goes - I was very naughty today! Woke up late and had a late brekkie at around 12.30pm which consisted of bacon (ate half of what was on my plate), eggs, grilled tomato and mushies.

Then had a roast beef dinner (I trimmed ALL the fat of though!).

Oh so guilty... :oops:

I should probably hop on the treadmill this very minute but am suffering from severe sinus headache.

I suck at this! :cry:
mandymoo

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:50 pm

I'd been good all day, then I heard about Rochelle losing her dad and suddenly I just gobbled what was put in front of me. Lot's and Lots and did I say lots of chips from the fish and chip shop. :oops:

A wise man once said
If it's to be, it's up to me!
And so it will be
Dolly

Postby mandymoo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:14 pm

I just have days where I think it's so hard, I'll never do it and if I do lose it I will only gain it back because I'm weak.

I feel pretty low right now and it's really hard for me because I don't have anyone who understands. My whole family is either overweight or obese. Diabetes and cholestorol problems galore. No one wants to make a change. All my friends are gorgeous 23/24 year olds with gorgeous looks and hot bodies, so they don't understand my struggle. I use to be one but now I'm the fat one. And that is so disheartening. How can I successfully lose this weight if every weekend I slip up? My fiance is always of the opion "well you worked hard this week". I know he loves me but he doesn't understand that I can't reward myself with food all the time. And then if he says that I think "Yeh he's right" and have it.

None of this makes sense!!!

Sorry, I just needed to vent! :(
mandymoo

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Okay Mandy,
It seems to me that both you and I and probably quite a few others here, always start our diets a new on a Monday and stuff up big time over the weekend.
How about next weekend (if we're near a computer) we post every hour on the hour. Everyone is invited, even if it's just to say another hour gone and I'm still not binging.
Some people need day by day help but it looks like we need hour by hour help (on weekends)
What do you say?? :D
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Aww look a thread all ready for me....although mine was a blow out weekend.

Firstly I haven't got to the thread yet about Rochelle losing her Dad, that is terribly sad and my condolences to her and her family.

Hubby and I went and stayed at a hotel this weekend. It was a treat for our birthdays that are 10 days apart. So basically the last two weeks haven't been the best food wise. Have kept up the exercise though so things aren't as bad as they could be. I'm not gonna put all of the things down that we ate in my daily food diary as I have already put it in my own diary and let's just say we had room service for two days and we took full advantage of it. Took some champagne with us as well. I used the gym facilities there :lol: It would have barely made a dent I'm sure. Now I am sick of eating and looking forward to some simple healthy meals. Still got the rest of the week off work so time to get my head back to where it needs to be to get another 12 kgs off!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby mandymoo » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:07 pm

Hahaha! Well I will TRY to make posts as often as possible but I have a troubling weekend ahead - a friend has moved over here from South Africa so we will be taking her out. Which means I will WANT to drink. SIGH how do I get out of this one? I DO love a drink. I really do but it is early on in my diet and I don't want to sabotage. So maybe if I do my usual cut-half-the-calories-the-next-day trick I might be alright... maybe.... will I? Oh geez I don't know!!!

The GOOD news is that I didn't tip the scale. I stayed the same.
mandymoo

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:48 pm

Well done Mandy.

Yeah alcohol is a big one. I barely drink these days so it is not normally a problem for me. But recently I read that Alcohol is the 2nd most calorie dense nutrient behind fat....didn't stop me downing a bottle of champers over the weekend though!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby mandymoo » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:26 pm

LOL :lol:

Well I haven't been out for a drink in a few weeks so... yeh... hmmm... Dilemma.
mandymoo

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:39 pm

Hi mandy.
When I'm out with friends I like to drink soda water. It's just bubbly water, but it looks like you're drinking somthing exciting, and you could put a slice of lemon in as well.
If you really have to drink, steer clear of milky and premixed drinks and intersperse them with a couple glasses of soda water. Something like a gin and tonic is my usual choice as you're not mixing with a really sugary mixer, or a vodka and orange (ask to put 1/4 soda water to reduce the orange juice sugar)
And my BIG tip is drink at least 2 glasses of water/soda water before any alcohol otherwise you will drink them too quick being thirsty. Saves kilos and hangovers.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby mandymoo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:37 pm

Good advice again! Your just full of it! :lol:

Yep, I will probably go for bacardi and diet coke at about 70 cals a drink ( I cannot STAND gin and tonic! Blergh!). But I will try not to drink too much! I will just cross my fingers and hope noone wants to do anything for another couple of weeks! :wink:
mandymoo

Return to Confessional