It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 am

Free Newsletter

Eating too much in winter

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating too much in winter

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi all,
I have been eating too much yesterday and today. Yesterday it was a farewell gathering. Today got a few meetings out of the office and I had to eat salty oily food. Also winter time, I need to eat more when I am about to have a flu to fight it off.
I have to lose 5 kilos, preferably 10 kilos. My face is too fat. My arms are too fat. I cannot fit in a lot of old clothes.
Please encourage me. I have been making small progress in the last 3 weeks and I am very worried that I am going to spoil it all once again. Please talk to me. Thank YOU in advance.
FatGarfield

Postby KimE » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:29 pm

Keep your reason for losing weight firmly in front of you, write it out and put it up at your desk, in your home, that sort of thing to keep reminding yourself. If you know of meetings or things where there will be no healthy options then take some healthy snacks with you.

If you have time for exercise you can also burn off some of those extras you had to hopefully minimise the impact.

You can do it! If you can lose 1kg then it stands to reason you can lose more. Go, go Garfield!! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:05 pm

When I first started and was struggling with temptations I put little reminders on known temptations, like the bloke's bikkie jar, telling me to leave them alone.

To ward of colds and flu you should actually eat healthier, not necissarily more. Cut out processed foods, have nice vegies and plenty of garlic. Healtheries flu biotic is a gem to keep colds at bay, I have a tsp every moring when I'm feelign run down. And ensure you are getting enough fluids and rest.

The biggest tip is if you DO give in to temptation, just get back on the bandwagon and get back on track. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if every driver who slightly veered off the exact middle of the road said "oh well, I've f***ed it now, I may as well give up steering" we'd be in terrible trouble.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Confessional