It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Drunk?!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Drunk?!

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:00 am

I have been very bad... I was at a work function last Friday and, although I swore that I would not drink too much, I ended up drinking a fair amount. Don't really know how much it was as my wonderful co-workers insisted on continually topping up my glass! So, I drank a lot more than I intended to :(

But it's okay as I think I have well and truly worked it off in the gym now. Still feeling tired though... and just a bit guilty :cry:

Now the other thing is, one of my female workmates has told me, not once, but twice, that I was drunk :shock: My common sense, plus a fair few training courses in Responsible Service of Alcohol, says that you just never, never, tell a person straight out to their face that they are drunk! It's the quickest way to get yourself punched in the face :x

I have drunk way more in the past and have never had anyone say THIS to me. I know I behaved like a bit of an idiot... only because I was trying to prove that I was not drunk, as accused.

Am I justified in being slightly peeved over her comment???
SarahC

Postby Butterfly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:29 pm

Who cares if you were drunk? You were only having a good time and got caught up in the fun of it all. By her saying that you were drunk she sounds like she was only stating the obvious so why should it bother you? She probably mentioned twice thinking that you would hear her and settle down and stop drinking.
There are 24 hours in a day- What are you going to do with all of them?
Butterfly

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:59 am

But the second time she said it was Monday morning... I wasn't drunk then :( Nor was I on the night :x Regardless I just really took offense... then went on the defence, which may have been my undoing :oops:
SarahC

Postby Butterfly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:15 am

I think you are stressing over it waaayyy too much-
My work parties have been pub crawls where everyone is either hooking up or throwing up... Last Christmas though I was holding my friends hair back as she passed out in the driveway off the function centre and even though I had literally 2 glasses of wine and wasnt near drunk, I went sliding in the middle of the dancefloor with 2 plates of food in my hands (nb: it was my dinner plate and a plate of mussels for the table- Im not that piggy) and the only thing that stayed on the plate was my piece of lasagne and that was in front of about 100 people from 4 or 5 different branches. Embarrassing at the time but who cares? I picked myself up and went back to the buffet table to get another plate. I think you really need to learn to not care what people think. If nothing else I hope that makes you feel better.
There are 24 hours in a day- What are you going to do with all of them?
Butterfly

Return to Confessional