It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

AAArrrgghhhhhh.....bugger it!!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

AAArrrgghhhhhh.....bugger it!!!

Postby mr happy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 am

One of the worst things about working nightshift all week, is the ability to sleep on my days off.
I went to bed at 11pm last night. I fell straight to sleep and slept heavily until a bit before 3am this morning. I then laid there until a bit before 4am keeping my wife awake, with my eyes wide open and my mind telling me it remembered seeing some tiny teddie buscuits in the cupboard!!!
So after an hour, i got up, ate the tiny teddies, and then noticed a coupld of tines of chocolate flavoured rice custard in the cupboard. I love these things. I bought them months ago and forgot they were there. They were purchased for me because nobody eats them, so i ate them to while i was at it!!!
So, at 4am i have just eaten 2 tins of choc flavoured rice custard and half a box of tiny teddy biscuits.....and now i feel as guilty as all hell!!!
Its a shocking feeling, i feel like all of the hard work over the last couple of months has now gone to waste!!! I know this isnt true, eating this amount is going to put 10kg back on, but still.....would be better if i didnt eat it!!!
mr happy

Re: AAArrrgghhhhhh.....bugger it!!!

Postby soniad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 am

Hi mrhappy,

Forgive yourself and move on. Tomorrow is a new day so don't be tempted to fall into the trap of saying 'well I've blown it; I may as well keep going'.

In the meantime, know your triggers. When are you most likely to eat stuff that's not right for you? What's in the house that could tempt you? Is it possible perhaps not to but the tiny teddies/custards or at least not to have them where you can get to them?

I know that sounds strange but many people simply cannot have certain foods in the house. My mum can't If there's chocolate in the house she will eat it. Solution? No chocolate in the house.

hope this helps

regards

Sonia
soniad

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Youve done it, you enjoyed it at the time, now get back to your normal healthy eating.
Whats done is done but next time before you reach for the tinned rice and what not try to remember how you felt after the last time you did it and hopefully it will stop you in your tracks.

We all slip up from time to time. Saturday night was my hubbies birthday tea and we had an Indian takeaway, not a slip up but a planned 'night off'. All was good until someone bought out the bag of caramello koalas and snack sized crunchie bars, I ate 4...of each :lol: . It happens, learn from it and move along.

Good luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby court » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm

I agree! whats done is done nothing you can change but learn from it!
I cant have chocolate in the house or I dont stop until it is gone. If i need to have something i buy ONE freddo and eat it and that is it... :roll:
My OH has his own cupboard and I am really quite short and cant reach into it but i think he has some things up on the high shelf that he takes to work - as long as I dont know what is there I dont need to know!! He does night shift as well so i feel for you with the weird sleep/eating patterns..

Good luckx
court

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah dont worry about it mate, we've all been there!

The crappy thing is that you remember exactly the taste of eating that nice indulging food and you wish your body didnt put on weight and you were like other people...thats how I feel in these situations sometimes.

The regret afterward is 10x worse.

Have a couple of blocks of choccie, dark choccie and really eat them slowly with a nice cup of tea and it will make you feel much better these little treats.

I binge across a good few days and I hate it and I've been good in the past week, join me too and keep going!!

Good luck mate.
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Return to Confessional