It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Where to start, a binge of epic proportions....

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Where to start, a binge of epic proportions....

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 am

I'll just start by saying this is the first timeI have done this since I have started on the whole weight loss route and it has kind of left me a bit amused :o :shock: :? ....

Ok, yesterday was a bad, bad day for me, I dont know why but I was really on a downer. Things started out ok as they do and just when down from there.
Hubby and I went and visited our son, he was doing some weeding for my dad at his industrial sheds that he rents out as he wanted to earn some extra pocket money. As usual dad took him off to the bakery for lunch and junior thought he would have a chicken pie for a change. The little monkey is vegie phobic and as soon as he realised there were vegies in it that was the end of him eating his lunch. So while visiting up there I heard all about it, no one else likes chicken pies and would eat it and if there is something I cant stand its wasting food so yep I tucked in like a crazed women, pie demolished. Unfortunately that was only the start of things.

Later on for tea I just had a ham, cheese and pickled onion sandwich for tea and my snack sized crunchie bar for dessert, no worries. Then something inside just snapped, I downed 5 rows of Whittakers chocolate and half a 175gm packet of cheese and onion potato chips. not good so I thought I need to get out of the house and it was too dark/late to go walking by myself so I thought I would go to my sisters and drop of some money I owed her from last weeks shopping spree. Another mistake. She had a big slow cooker full of dahl that she had just made up so I had a huge bowl of that with 5 microwaved puppodums, then a single serve apple pie (light :lol: ) with chocolate fudge icecream and nuts and a large handful of bushwalkers/trail mix. Funny thing is I think I have been fighting this binge business for quite some time and things finally just came to a head and it is just not me. I normally have so much control, maybe thats part of the reason I just 'let go'.

Anyway, rightly or wrongly, I am not beating myself up for it or even regretting it as I have said to so many others in here, what is done is done, i'll get my head down and my butt up and get on with the job at hand, but I will eat lighter today.

On the upside, my sister handed me a pile of clothes, mainly pants, and a pair of boots and I went a layby a dress (a size 10) in Target yesterday that I love to bits, so I guess it wasnt all bad just a different experience for me.

Kudos to all who read my ramblings and I'm off to don the trackies and go for a hard walk that I really dont want to do but feel I must in order to undo some of yesterdays efforts.

Have a good one all :)

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: Where to start, a binge of epic proportions....

Postby onthedecrease » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:37 pm

oh how i know that feeling hun. Congratulations on the fantastic attitude you have towards it all. Best of luck and hope you have gotten it all out of your system now and you can move onwards and downwards

*hugs*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Ive certainly scratched the itch so to speak and funnily enough feeling all the better for it.
12 months or so ago I would have been punishing myself the next morning for my 'bad behaviour' but now I'm just kind of meh about it all, Im really not bothered about it and I did get straight back to my normal healthy routine this morning. I just wont jump on the scales for a while :lol: .

Thanks otd :) .

Shalimar

Postby Amethyst » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Remember this is your first binge in 18 months right? You have exactly the right attitude. Maybe it's just what your body needed. Who can tell with the mystery of the body? You did say you felt better for it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Yep Amethyst, the first one :lol: . Ive had planned meals out and planned takeaway nights but not very often, maybe once every 3 or 4 months, but not like this.
I am truly ok with it, its not something I do regularly and I think I have identified the skewed reasons behind it so no real damage done.
Last week all I heard was "you are too thin", " you look anorexic", "your face is scrawny", "still fading away I see", "here comes skinny minnie" and "if you went to a doctor they would say you had anorexia" and on and on and it was every day.
I know 6 months ago I would have welcomed the comments but now they are starting to really hurt and so I just went for it.
I think people think they are being nice and considerate and Im sure it was all said with the best intentions but it did upset me quite a bit. I even started looking at myself in the mirror at the shops and started thinking maybe they are right. I look old, haggard and hard and I hate it :cry: .

Well Im over it now and time to move on. Im sticking with the healthy eating and the exercise and Im giving the scales the boot for a while, that while may be 2 weeks or it may be 2 months, I'll just jump on them when I feel like it.

Have a great day all, whats left of it anyway :) .

Shalimar

Postby Amethyst » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 pm

When peopl start to make comments like that it must hurt. But we all know that You're stronger than that :D Healthy eating is all you really need now anyway. Just be happy with you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Thank you Amethyst and youre right :D . I just need to concentrate on what makes ME happy, and how I am feeling not what others think or feel or even what they say.

Shalimar

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Good on you Sue,

Once again, you inspired me :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Postby Shalimar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Glad to hear it Himel :) .

Shalimar

Postby miss_viva » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi Shalimar,

I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your posts off and on for a little while now, and I have found you to be truly inspiring. To lose that much weight is absolutely incredible, and I can't imagine how hard you've worked to do that. If you can lose that much, you've made me realise it's possible for me to lose my excess weight too. Oh, and one binge in 18 months is pretty damn impressive! I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over it, you've done fantastically well to get to this point :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks miss_ viva :) .

I thought one binge in that time wasnt too bad going either and as I said it did get it out of my system, I havent repeated it and have no desire right now to do so. Thats not to say it wont happen again, but for now Im certainly not planning another one :) .

Have a good day :) .

Shalimar

Postby Mary123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Hey Sue-
I just read what you said about people making comments about how think you are... come on let's face it- they're just jealous!! :mrgreen:
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks Mary, its quite possible :lol: . Nah, seriously I really just think it is a case of me being thinner than I was and not a case of being too thin, people just word it wrongly, thats all :lol: .

Shalimar

Return to Confessional