It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

my partner, my weekend weakness.

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

my partner, my weekend weakness.

Postby Leishkin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:18 am

*sigh*

I'm fine with the healthy eating during the week for the most part, I tend to do ok because I'm at work and I CAN just not go out and buy horrible stuff, or keep snacking on things that I shouldn't be snacking on because I'm not at home. But weekends are the WORST for me.

My Partner Andy (one of those naturally skinny-never-been-overweight censored) has always said he'll help me to lose weight, he's very supportive, but when it comes to the actual time to HELP me, he tends to fail miserably. Here is my rant on why weekend eating is very, very bad.

It's Friday night, we're pooped, there's no clean dishes... So what does he suggest for dinner? Pizza!

Now I know I should've just said no, should've made him help me do the washing up so that our saucepans were clean and we could make the tuna pasta bake that we had planned - but Pizza is my favourite food. Plus I'm weak.. hehe. pizza it was.

what does he suggest for Saturday lunch? BBQ Chicken.

What do we end up with for dinner on sunday? Hungry Jacks.

that is the worst food I've eaten in weeks, and all at once! I feel so yuck. Not helped by the fact that on weekends I don't drink the 1-2 litres of water I have been drinking all week.

anyway, at least I got us off our butts and went for a walk on sunday, that's gotta count for something, right?

anyone else have a problem partner? I know he means well, and he does have to put up with all of my 'lite' food all of the time, so I've got to cut him SOME slack, but yeah. weekends are bad for the diet.

(and yet, i hopped on the scales this morning and was 1kilo lighter than when I weighed myself on friday. go figure!)

bye now,

Leish
xo
Leishkin

Postby Ally » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:08 am

Hi Leish, My husband is one of those skinny types and he never puts on weight! There are a few things that I can share with you from my experiences, so I hope that they help.

Firstly, weekends are usually the killer, but I found that by having ready meals in the freezer are great. The Lean Cuisine actually have pizzas now, (however I don't know what they are like) but it might pay you to try one and if you like them keep them handy. This way your other half can have pizza and you can too (and know that it is a healthier option). Alternately, you can whip up a pizza by using pita breads as a base. Same goes with Hungry Jacks. I am not sure if they have a healthy choice menu like Maccas do, but if they do choose something from there. If they don't, you could try just slipping in elsewhere and getting something healthy. On Saturday just gone, my family wanted sausage rolls for lunch (my husband works in a pie shop!) and I just told him that I didn't want sausage rolls and could he please take me elsewhere. I ended up ordering a chicken and salad sandwich and he went and got sausage rolls for him and the kids. Another quick healthy option would be Subway. They have plenty of low fat healthy options, even low-carb and no-carb options. Don't stress too much about the BBQ chicken, as long as you remove all the skin and throw it away it is ok, try popping it onto a roll with some salad for bulk or even just with a salad on a plate.

I know how hard it is to resist the temptations of takeaway, but it does get easier. The more healthy choice options you make, the stronger your resistance will become and you will find that there is always an easy healthy option, just as there is a high fat one.

Another way to combat the dishes thing......I usually keep a stock of plastic plates and dishes for the weekend. I find that this helps as you are not faced with a pile of dishes over the weekend and you get a break from the dishes as well!!! :lol:

I am not sure what you time schedule is like, but if you find that you have some time to spend in the kitchen, cook some meals for the freezer. That way you always have something on hand that you know is not going to sabotage your wonderful weight loss efforts!!

My hubbie is very supportive but I find that as soon as I say that I am starting to change my lifestyle to a healthier one, he suggests things like, 'will you have a piece of pav if I go and get one?' He always seems to get these cravings, but thankfully he recognises this the same as me and we have worked out a solution. If he really wants then he can go and get one, but on the understanding that I will not join him for it. I don't stop him and the kids having things, but I have to stay strong and say no.

Sorry if this has been an epic! But I do hope that it helps you, good luck and happy slimming!! 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Leishkin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:04 am

thanks,

I'll definately go and check out the lean cuisines, I found while he was away the week before last, I didn't want to bother cooking a whole meal just for one, so I had some of those and they were quite good (normal meals, i didn't try the pizza!) so I'll have to have a hunt next time I'm shopping.

thanks for the epic, lots of good ideas in there :)

Leish
xo
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:51 am

ah yes the dreaded weekends. My fiance, mick is supporting me on this lifestyle change. but he still has his coke and packets of chips. we did grocery shopping on the weekend and he was really good. we brought a bbq chook for tea as well but we were then invited to a bbq. i took my own chicken breast along to the bbq and had that with salad!!! then on sunday he came on my walk with me for an hour. it was nice having that family time. we ended up having the bbq chook last night for tea instead and i just had the breast and gave him the skin. i had salad and he had vegies with his. tonight im cooking him a cheesy pasta bake he can have tomorrow night aswell and i plan on having veal and veg. i have to cook veg for my baby anyway so it doesnt hurt to chuck in some extra veg for me. i have got one of those kanbrook steamers. theyre awesome! makes cooking easier as i dont need to use saucepans and thne i use the george foreman grill for my meat. knew that engagement pressie would come in handy.

but mick ate three packets of chips in a row in front of me yesterday. its hard but i just sipped on water then cut up an apple and had that. just put your foot down on weekends. make a picnic and enjoy the nice weather :) drag him out for a walk with you!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:14 pm

i always make my boyfriend promise to tell me off if i try to eat bad things, but i usually just tell him to shut up and do it anyway... so really its up to me, although it does help alot when he tells me he is proud of me for losing wieght or doing something good.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 pm

grugwashere wrote:i always make my boyfriend promise to tell me off if i try to eat bad things, but i usually just tell him to shut up and do it anyway.

lol
Dolly

Postby Puffer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:34 pm

Hehe thats so true, my boyfriend tells me off but I just do it anyway!
Puffer

Postby Leishkin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:44 pm

grugwashere wrote:i always make my boyfriend promise to tell me off if i try to eat bad things, but i usually just tell him to shut up and do it anyway... so really its up to me, although it does help alot when he tells me he is proud of me for losing wieght or doing something good.

haha. oh I'm EXACTLY the same, more because I feel like he's being a hypocrite by suddenly going 'you shouldn't eat that' but then a week later he'll bring me home a block of chocolate! argh!

I've decided instead of just weighing and keeping track of my own weight, I'm going to have him do my measurements and everything for me, so it's like an actual 'weigh-in' - instead of just doing it myself.
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:53 pm

that sounds like an effective idea leishkin! you can do it, you are doing really well mate :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm

Leishkin wrote: I've decided instead of just weighing and keeping track of my own weight, I'm going to have him do my measurements and everything for me, so it's like an actual 'weigh-in' - instead of just doing it myself.

That is a good idea. As of 3 days ago I've also gotten my husband to weigh me each morning (he's not allowed to show me the result until Sunday when I weigh-in here again) I might also get brave enough to have him measure and record my waist size too.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:10 pm

OK should I say it!

Since I weigh myself naked, getting my hubby to help at this point may not get the job done....ahem....at least not the weighing! :roll:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:59 pm

hehhehheh
Dolly

Postby Ally » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm

OH Kim that is a classic :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:58 am

haha what a hoot!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:08 pm

Kim, I think it's a great idea... after you get weighed you can get some exercise too :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Next

Return to Confessional