It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh no, I slipped BIG TIME!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Oh no, I slipped BIG TIME!

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:37 am

Hi guys, Love the confessional...think I am going to be visiting here a bit!!

I slipped up BIG TIME last night and although I am back on track today....I just need to spill. :cry:

We had some bad news from our vet about our best buddy dog Mack (our staffy/boxer). He has hurt his leg and after the x-rays we found that he needs an op (which they cannot guarantee will be successful) and we are now left with the decision to either operate or get him put to sleep. I am a BIG animal lover and my animals are part of our family, so as you can imagine......there weren't many dry eyes in our house last night. I was so worked up and then I pigged out so much that I threw up and I couldn't stop sobbing and it was just bloody awful.

I felt so terrible afterwards and I just needed to get it all out of my system today. (I am 2 days away from my second weigh-in). I am strictly guarding what I have to eat today and am trying to figure out other ways than turning to food. Any :idea: would be greatful please :!: (I am going to post a food diary for a couple of days to keep myself accountable)

As I said I am back on track now, but just needed to vent some frustration and :x.

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:33 am

Hi Ally, so sorry to hear about your dog.
We had a similar decision given to us by the vet for one of our dogs about a month ago.
She had swallowed a computer mouseball (but we didn't know that at the time) when we were told that it would end up costing $2,000 for the surgery plus xrays we were shocked (the family chipped in with a few hundred each so we could go with the op but she developed pancreatitis and liver disease from the antibiotics, we thought we'd lose her but she unexpectedly pulled through and is back to her normal self. I cried so much for her during that time.

Have you tried getting a second opinion at another vets as to whether an operation will be successful or not?

My prayers are with you.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:58 am

hi ally
thanks for sharing with us :) that sounds horrible about your doggy. i hope it all turns out well for him. i dont have any pets, but i think i would be devastated if i had one and it was ill. i dont blame you for getting all worked up and upset.

when you feel like grabbing that comfort food go for a walk to clear your head. have a bottle of water nearby so when you feel peckish you can sip on the water. make lots of healthy snacks available- cut up some oranges and put them in the fridge and make popcorn.

let us know how you go, my second weigh in is tomorrow. wish me luck!!!!

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 pm

I really hope your dog makes a full recovery. Animals are certainly part of the family arent they. My Cat, Billy, was recently ill and had to spend the night at the vets. I too cried lots of tears, :cry: awaiting the outcome they thought he may have had a blocked bowel.

So far so good but we are still watching him carefully.

I hope the outcome for your dog is good too. My thoughts are with you and Mac.
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear about Mack and I hope everything turns out well. These sorts of things are never easy decisions to make.

I'm not much good with the help on emotional eating as I don't do it. Boredom eating yes, emotional no. I usually clean when I get emotional!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Confessional