It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

Dark Chocolate...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Dark Chocolate...

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Well, I bought a block of dark chocolate on Saturday, because I dont really like it, I figured that I would only have a few pieces when I needed it, to stop those sugar cravings. Well, today is my mum's 42nd birthday. My son and I decided to bake her a cake, and decorated it with shavings from my block of chocolate... I guess you can all imagine what happened. I ate it. :oops: We probably grated away 4 rows, but I ate the rest! I didnt even like it or enjoy it much. I suppose at least I have learnt a lesson- If I dont want to eat it, I CANT HAVE IT IN MY HOUSE! So angry with myself, cos I have been doing really well the last few days too.
Oh well, Ill start again as of tomorrow... hope I dont pay for it too bad this week :shock: I feel gross now....
chubbybubby

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:59 pm

you live, you learn.

What variety of dark chocolate was it? If cadbury's there're really not a whole lot of difference to normal milk chocolate. That stuff gives me a sugar spin these days!!

The lindt 85% cocoa chocolate is good. It actually has predominantly cocoa solids rather than milk or sugar. And even I cannot eat it all in one sitting, and that's saying something. I can eat my whole easter supply in one day if I did not control myself and not feel ill.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Garfield » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Any sort of chocolate is usually like that.
When I was studying for exams I had a block of dark rum and raisin chocolate. I sat down with it near me to study, and 10 minutes later realised I had ate it all. I felt sooo sick :lol: If you eat too much dark chocolate it can make you feel really gross.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe just do some extra exercise if you have time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby chubbybubby » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:17 pm

Thanks guys
No, it wasnt a good quality dark chocolate even... lol it was Aldi brand $2.59 :oops: oh well what can you do? Its done, and Ive been working my bum off to make up for it :) xx
chubbybubby

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:07 pm

OH I am sorry chubbybubby, but I just sat here and had a good laugh (not at you, just the situation) as it sounds soooo much like what I would do. Keep your chin up mate, don't let it get you down....just keep going and dont let this trip you up too much!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

CHOCKY!!!!!!!!!

Postby fiona » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:44 pm

oooooooooooooooooOH MY ONE FAILING :lol:
i could write an ode to chocolate, my one true love :lol: :lol:
I've learned to curb the cravings, but i had to laugh at your story Chubbybubby. i did that soooooo many times before i started on the diet trail. even if i didn't really like it, i still ate it, stupid isn't it? its like the belly takes over my brain :lol:
I allow myself a chocky treat every 2 days or so, but do more exercise on those days to even it all out.
thanks for your story.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby carlton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:17 pm

Don't worry about it what's done is done. Just increase your exercise for the next few days.

I'm a bit the same, I can't have comfort food in the house other wise I will eat the lot in one sitting. Even if I want to or not. My only control is not to buy it in the first place.
carlton

Return to Confessional