It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Free Newsletter

I wrecked my diet today...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

I wrecked my diet today...

Postby desert_me » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 am

Today I spent the day with 3 friends - one of them has just won an Audi Convertible car, and wanted to celebrate. We ate a massive gourmet lunch of several courses, then went out to a pizza house for tea, AND I had dessert, too.

I am approximating I ate at least 4000 calories. :(

I was hungry and desperate for food when I got there, so basically just inhaled the food from the word go. We all pigged out, but I think I was the worst.

Now I feel horrible. Only one week in (with some real success, too) and a social event undoes it all.

Not only that, but I'm going out with another friend tomorrow, who I always end up overeating with!

What to do?
desert_me

Re: I wrecked my diet today...

Postby Czarina » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 am

Just think about the long term reward, rather than the instant gratification of more food than you need. Think of how great it will feel going out with friends wearing that outfit you have been dreaming of, and not feeling the need to overstuff yourself.

It's only one slip up, learn from it and move on. :D
Czarina

Postby John » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Honestly - if it were me, I would have splashed out too. Not everyone gets an Audi convertible everyday. Relax. However, you may need to ask your friends to support you in your weight loss. In other words, make an agreement to not eat more than xyz amount when you meet each other. Or, before you meet, eat a kilogram of veges. That'll fill you up quite a bit!

Everybody makes slip ups. The issue is stopping a bad day turn into a bad week.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby court » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

A kilo of veges?!?

Though John is right, everyone has slip ups... b ut nothing tastes as good as being thin feels :lol: Seriosuly! Ok so with tomorrow function, dont go out PLANNING to overeat! Maybe have such stimulating conversation that for every mouthful your friend takes you just take a sip of water and then have the occassional mouthful - you dont have to eat EVERYTHING on your plate! Maybe have a healthy meal BEFORE you go (a kilo of veges is an interesting one) and tehn order a salad when you are out! Dont cut out just try and portion control and LIMIT...

Good luck
court

Postby jennywilliamson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:36 am

You absolutely DID NOT wreck your diet, sweetie!

There are always going to be days like these when friends get together and you inevitably eat large amounts in a day. But considering that you've been doing well in your diet the previous days, you can consider this as "treating yourself to a job well done".

In other words, this is not something worth panicking about. Be careful, though, since treating yourself cannot be done very habitually or that's the time that you kiss your diet program goodbye. Once in a while is good for you already.

I hope I'm making a lot of sense here.

:D
jennywilliamson

Return to Confessional