It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Pizza and chocolate ice cream

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Pizza and chocolate ice cream

Postby Garfield » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:41 pm

I mentioned in another post that my boyfriend is going to start getting fit and healthy too (a recent decision of his). So tonight he said was his last night of being naughty so we had pizza... I was only going to eat half of mine and save the rest for tomorrow, but that plan went out the window. Then he got this giant bowl of cadbury chocolate ice cream and said it was the last of what was left and he asked me if I wanted some... so I at half of that too :(
I have no willpower at all and now I feel bad.
I'm moving in with him soon :D but I worry about my diet because of my lack of willpower when someone else is eating something that tempts me.
So I have eaten a whole small pizza (don't let the word 'small' fool you, it was pretty big) plus a heap of chocolate ice cream.
I'm feeling really down right now and it's tempting to go and make myself throw up, but that is even more scary than overeating in the first place. I don't usually think like that, it's just tonight I'm feeling sad for no apparent reason other than what I've just done to myself.
I think maybe after everyone goes to bed I will do a few exercise dvds to make me feel better. Maybe I will go and do some pilates right now...
Sorry for the sad and pathetic rant :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Maraver » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 pm

Just enjoy what you have eaten stop being so hard on yourself
tomorrow is a new day
Pam
Maraver

Postby Puffer » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:13 pm

If you know you have gone ok the rest of the week then you also know that one small(ish :lol: ) pizza and some chocolate icecream won't make you gain weight this week. We all need a treat every now and then!

Congrats on moving in with your boyfriend - your living on campus right now arn't you? Have you guys found a place yet? Make sure you do what I do - take control of the shopping and the cooking then you can control what's in the house and what both of you are eating... and my boy loves my cooking and getting his dinner made every night so he's happy too 8)
Puffer

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:30 am

I agree with Pam Garfield...dont' be so hard on yourself!!! Work on your next meal and make that a healthy one! I am not sure how to handle the temptation thing with moving in with your boyfried (congrats, on that score, by the way!! :wink: ) you may just have to keep reminding yourself about what is better, not eating crap and having a fab body, or eating crap and then feeling like crap and putting on weight and getting down further in the crap. (does that make sense? probably not!! LOL) In my stronger moments I see Scott eating chocolate or a pie and think to myself, "yeah that looks nice, but my life is not going to end because I don't eat it." I have been trying to focus on the fact that I don't have to eat that particular food now as it is always going to be there and I can have it when I choose to and not because it is in front of me.

Please don't make yourself throw up after you have overeaten mate. I was bullimic for several months and lost 30kgs in 2 months. It scared me reading that because that is how I started....I will throw up this meal, because I ate too much. It then progressed to oh well I can eat what I want because I can throw it up anyway. This then led to purging myself each time I ate anything. I am not saying that this is where you were heading from just one meal, but I just wanted to let people know how easy it is to go from "just doing it once" to letting it control your life. Just accept that you have eaten too much of the junky stuff and concentrate on eating healthy the next meal.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 am

i agree with pam and ally. tomorrow is a new day. as long as you get back on track and dont dwell on the 'wagon falling' you will be fine. we all have our ups and downs. did your bf feel guilty?
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:43 am

Garfield put it behind you and make a healthy choice next time. But remember every now and then isn't going to hurt too much just so long as it isn't every other night. Congrats moving in with your boyfriend and maybe you should voice your concerns if you haven't already. As to the throwing up thing....I wouldn't even know how to do that as I really don't enjoy throwing up. No, if I eat bad then that's my bad and I cop it on the chin and move on.

The other night my hubby was eating a chocolate cornetto and had another on the table as he usually eats 2, I came close to needing to leave the room as it was really getting to me. This rarely happens, normally I can just blow it off and not worry. Then he gets to the bottom of the cone and starts sucking all the chocolate out!! Sooo noisy, I yelled at him to be quiet, I mean really yelled at him. I think it was a combination of getting frustrated from the noise, him eating something I wasn't and him enjoying eating something I wasn't. I felt nasty but then he started laughing and went right on eating only quietly. Bless his heart.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:17 am

oh i wish i was a fly on the wall kim!
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Thanks for the support everyone. I didn't end up making myself sick. I just did a heap of exercise and have been eating healthy today.
Kate: no he didn't feel guilty at all. He's pretty laid back I guess and stressing about what he eats is really not his thing.
Puffer: yeah, I am on campus at the moment. My boyfriend lives with his parents and they said it was cool if I move in there until we find somewhere nice (and cheap). Shopping I could handle, but cooking... lets just say I love him too much to be trying to kill him like that lol :lol:
After reading what everyone here said I feel a lot better and I won't be so hard on myself from now on :D Thanks everyone!
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Puffer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Garfield wrote:Shopping I could handle, but cooking... lets just say I love him too much to be trying to kill him like that lol :lol:

:lol: I'm cacking myself with that comment! Maybe one day you and I can make our boys a nice healthy meal together... I promise cooking really isn't that hard if your willing to get in and give it a go!
Puffer

Postby Garfield » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:06 pm

Haha, I know it's not really that bad, I've cooked properly once or twice. Usually I find it's just so much easier to microwave something... it's sheer laziness really.
By the sounds of it you're a great cook :D I'm sure I could learn a lot if/when we get in the kitchen together.
[/url]
Garfield

Return to Confessional