It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Slipped in my first week..

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Slipped in my first week..

Postby Alexandria_ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:23 pm

I was out with my boyfriend, and he was buying me a drink from the bakery. He then offered to buy me something to eat if I was hungry.
I had a short debate in my head about whether I should or not, but the look of the peppermint slice was too tempting. I ate three quarters of it, but then the guilt got to me and I threw the rest away.
On my diet plan, I am allowed to have 7-9 indulgences worth 450kJ a week. Unfortunately, I think that chocolate peppermint slice equals about 8 of them...

I feel a little ashamed that I slipped up where I knew it was the wrong choice. I do hate giving in to things like that, but I know I usually do - that's where my downfall is.

What I'm going to try to do (seeing as I've already used a few of my indulgences) is have 3 or 4 less next week - this means I'll have to skip my treat of a milo that I have every second night!
Alexandria's weight loss!

Starting weight: 101kg (20.7.10)
Short-term goal: 95kg by 3.09.10
Long-term goal: 63kg
Alexandria_

Re: Slipped in my first week..

Postby Gordz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm

doing that will only hurt you mentally, it's not going to equal anything on the scales. Don't punish yourself for having a snack, just make sure you work it off! Theres nothing wrong with indulging if you're watching the figures and counteract it with the relevant exercise! :mrgreen: If you keep punishing yourself for slipups here and there then you're not going to have a very happy weightloss journey. Extra exercise is not so much a punishment as its working in your favor. It's just mentally more drive, and I for one enjoy it!

So good luck for this week, and next time you're eyeing something off; think - Hmm, thats about 4km of running!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Re: Slipped in my first week..

Postby Alexandria_ » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for that. It really helps to have people to keep me motivated, even when I slip up.
Alexandria's weight loss!

Starting weight: 101kg (20.7.10)
Short-term goal: 95kg by 3.09.10
Long-term goal: 63kg
Alexandria_

Return to Confessional