It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 am

Free Newsletter

A Big Oops!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

A Big Oops!

Postby Mum_of_4 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:26 pm

I just dont know what happened... I was doing well for a while and slowly but steadily numbers were starting to drop and then KABOOM! The whole thing just went out the window... I am so annoyed at myself right now because instead of doing something about it after having a bad day or even a bad week i let it go on and on and now here i am again nearly 2 months later and no more weightloss...
I am suffering, my self confidence is suffering and i really need to get back on track... so here i am. I need to start afresh and make this the beginning of the rest of my life. I think my biggest problem is remembering it is not wrong of me to spend an hour or so a day just for me when i spend so much of my time looking after my children and husband and all their needs. So if anyone has some inspirational ways of motivating themselves please, please share them with me!
People with open hearts and open minds will always have the most beautiful packages, no matter how they are wrapped!
Mum_of_4

Re: A Big Oops!

Postby lalalaaa » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Mo4,
YOU ARE EIGHT KILOGRAMS LIGHTER THAN YOU STARTED!!!!
THAT IS AWESOME !!!
I'm sending you a huge CHEER!!!!

Sorry I'll stop yelling, but go to your pantry and grab 18-20 cans of food (400-440g)
Now look at those cans, that is how much weight you have lost.
Thats several bags of shopping that you were carrying on your body.

That tells me you took control of what you were eating and how you were exercising, you did it once and you can do it again.
Everyone has bad days, even weeks where you blow-off your diet.
If you feel you need a blow off day, plan to have a day a fortnight(each week if need be, but fornightly is better) where you can do that and then stick to what you've been doing the rest of the time. You don't need to use it, but its there in your plan. That way you don't get lost in a guilt trip.
The other thing is to pick an actual 'start diet' date rather than say tomorrow or next week, you need an actual date and commit to it. Let your hubby, family, your friends know the date, so they don't pop over with cake and bickies and then start afresh.
Good Luck, you can do this
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Postby Mum_of_4 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks for that! I guess sometimes it seems like a big thing and its refreshing to look and realise how much exactly that eight kilos is.... a small number by camparison but you are right i should be happy to have lost that. Thanks for the confidence boost :D
People with open hearts and open minds will always have the most beautiful packages, no matter how they are wrapped!
Mum_of_4

Postby jennywilliamson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 am

The thing you need most right now are words of encouragement coming from your closest friends and family. Pour out to them everything you feel and don't hold anything back. These people will presumably give you answers that are constructive and also coming straight from the heart. Also, listening to inspirational music can help add up to those words of encouragement you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

:D
jennywilliamson

Return to Confessional